First Solo Trip Turning 50 with the Mouse, or am I crazy

VickynMicMouse

Disney World or Bust !!!
My family will be gone for my 50th bday weekend and I have always wanted to try a solo trip. I would be there Thurs thru Sun Oct 10- 13th so a short trip. Would I be crazy to try my first Solo trip with the mouse for my birthday. I have always gone with my mom, my kids and grand kids. Please share your experiences etc.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday to you! Why would you be crazy to want to celebrate your special day in such a special place? Wear your Happy Birthday button proudly and soak up all those magic vibes! :)

Would you do park hopper passes if it where you?? I will be in the parks 2 days I am going to stay away from Hollywood Studios due to the opening of Star Wars. I will save that for our trip in May with the grand babies. I will book a hotel Non Disney due to last minute that allows emh and fast passes 60 days out

My family will be gone for my 50th bday weekend and I have always wanted to try a solo trip. I would be there Thurs thru Sun Oct 10- 13th so a short trip. Would I be crazy to try my first Solo trip with the mouse for my birthday. I have always gone with my mom, my kids and grand kids. Please share your experiences etc.
Nothing crazy about it! Happy birthday to you and what a more magical way to celebrate.

My first solo trip was 5 years ago when my DH and two daughters were leaving for a scuba trip on my birthday. I will be back next year for my 58th bday. Treating myself with a nicer resort than usual. Highly recommended!

Would you do park hopper passes if it where you?? I will be in the parks 2 days I am going to stay away from Hollywood Studios due to the opening of Star Wars. I will save that for our trip in May with the grand babies. I will book a hotel Non Disney due to last minute that allows emh and fast passes 60 days out
I always do park hoppers especially when solo because it is easy to get around. My October trip I am upgrading to an AP, you may want to do the math on it if you are going back in May.

Happy birthday! I've gone for my birthday solo the past 3 years and it's been wonderful. As a single adult, it was really nice to be somewhere where people made a fuss over my birthday. And to be someplace where I was spoiling myself, doing something I enjoy - it was a wonderful gift to myself. I highly recommend it!!

I truly enjoy having my birthday at Walt Disney World! You can plan to have it as grand or as low key as you want with so many options to choose from and the cast members just go out of there way to make you feel special (yes, I wear my birthday pin ). It is where I had my 50th a few years back. Last year I did my first solo birthday there, and I enjoyed it so much, I am doing it again solo this year! Cinderella”s Royal Table, Fireworks, and the After Hours Event at Magic Kingdom. It feels like a celebration thrown in your honor. Please go and enjoy and Happy Birthday in advance !

I love my solo trips. If you are naturally independent you won't even blink an eye at doing it solo.

I say go for it especially if no one is available to go with you. I've celebrated many birthdays solo in the parks and several on a Disney Cruise (which is my favorite thing to do).

I just did a solo trip over my birthday, I got am "I'm celebrating..." pin and attached it to my handbag for the week... it wasn't highly visible but several CMs did see it and say "Happy Birthday". On the actual day I went to Hoop De Doo and got to "participate" in the show when they called for everyone having a birthday. A number of other audience members made a point to come over and wish me Happy Birthday after the show, which I thought was really sweet and made the day.

I say go for it - and have a fabulous time!

Its fun going with the fam....but it is also fun going by yourself and doing all the things you always wanted to try or rides nobody else wants to do on or exploring the whole country in Epcot AND watching the movie...

Joining the chorus - hope you've made plans for your Bday! I love going solo and am also planning to spend my 55th there. I would love to hear whether you've made reservations and what you decided. Hugs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts