First sort of solo trip plus spring break

Charade67

DIS Veteran
I have always done Disney trips with family or friends, but in April I will be going with my daughter’s high school band. I don’t know the other adults who are going, so I am preparing to spend time alone in the parks. I will be at the mercy of the tour itinerary, so unfortunately I will not be able to plan out my days the way I would do it if I were in charge. We have one day at the Magic Kingdom and one at Hollywood studios.
We are going durning spring break, so I know the crowds will be crazy. But, I’ve been the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the very last week of the year (rang in 2016 at MK), so how much worse could it be?

I usually visit around Easter week in April. It's terrible, but if you expect it to be bad and plan around it - it's okay/manageable. You know what to do, make ADRs, arrive at rope drop, do boring stuff like O Canada or go to the pool in the afternoon. I understand it's almost as crazy as Christmas.

Other weeks around the general spring break season are bad, but less so....

I'm sorry but I'm no help in spring break crowds experience since I go to WDW during winter time but as a solo traveler, I can tell you that you will get around much faster than if you were with a group. I've done solo trips to DLR during very crowded times and by utilizing the SRL and just being able to maneuver around crowds easier, I still get a lot done. Have fun!!

This will be my first and possibly only spring break trip. Fortunately my chaperone duties should be minimal. I’ve already booked some fast passes. Does anyone know if there is a single rider line for Slinky Dog Dash? There are no fast passes available for that one.

One of the positives about going solo is that is so easy to move around, which should be a help. Hope you enjoy your time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter