First stay at Boardwalk

Bucknut2710

Mouseketeer
My wife and I just got back from our first resort-hopping trip and we loved it! We spent 2 nights at SSR (our home resort) and 3 at Boardwalk. It was out first stay there and could not have been more enjoyable! To be able to walk back to our resort after browsing the booths at the Flower and Garden Festival was priceless. It was our first trip as DVC members and already can't wait for the next one!

I loved BW so much that I put in an offer to add that as a second resort immediately. We ❤ flower and garden and the food!
We did the Kidani Sunset Savanna so we could see the giraffes (and all the rest) from the second floor. It’s so peaceful! Will hit up SSR one day I’m sure!

We love ending our nights at Disney Springs, so SSR as our home resort made sense for us... but now we are spoiled with BW and walking distance to Epcot. Especially now with the Skyliner and easy access to HS as well.

We have a 3 year old daughter who loves animals so next year for her first visit I think we are doing AK, can't wait!

I am seriously considering adding on after our stay last month. It was my third time at BWV and it never disappoints. We had six park days and ended 5 of them in EPCOT enjoying the Flower & Garden offerings. Even without Illuminations (RIP) or international CMs, the World Showcase at night was so magical for us.

My wife and I just got back from our first resort-hopping trip and we loved it! We spent 2 nights at SSR (our home resort) and 3 at Boardwalk. It was out first stay there and could not have been more enjoyable! To be able to walk back to our resort after browsing the booths at the Flower and Garden Festival was priceless. It was our first trip as DVC members and already can't wait for the next one!
We are planning to do just the opposite in our next stay with 2 nights BWV and 3 nights SSR. I am looking forward to it

I never realized how easy it actually was! The bellhop CMs are amazing and made the whole process super easy... It felt like two different vacations!
Yes, that is why I do split stays most vacations. But I travel solo, or 2 of us, so packing and moving is not the big deal if you are packing and moving a family. I started that habit to experience all the resorts, and kept it because it does feel like 2 vacations. Also, frequently easier to get 4 days at a resort at 7 month mark, than 7 or 8 days. So more possibilities open up.

Yes, that is why I do split stays most vacations. But I travel solo, or 2 of us, so packing and moving is not the big deal if you are packing and moving a family. I started that habit to experience all the resorts, and kept it because it does feel like 2 vacations. Also, frequently easier to get 4 days at a resort at 7 month mark, than 7 or 8 days. So more possibilities open up.

Another great point! Definitely something we hope to continue to do in the future and eventually visit all of the DVC resorts

We are planning our first DVC trip for next year and can't decide between Boardwalk or Beach Club.. What do people see as the main differences as these two are so close together? Our group are aged 1, 3, 8, 33, 39, 41, 63, 63

We are planning our first DVC trip for next year and can't decide between Boardwalk or Beach Club.. What do people see as the main differences as these two are so close together? Our group are aged 1, 3, 8, 33, 39, 41, 63, 63
Main differences are the pools and quick service dining.

Beach Club has what generally is considered the best resort pool. With that said, I rather dislike it. There are bridges and paths that seem to end nowhere, making the pool deck confusing to navigate. In addition, the Beach Club pool usually is packed, making it difficult to find a seat.

The Boardwalk pool is more straightforward and I always seem to be able to find a seat there. The Boardwalk pool also has the best resort water slide, IMO.

But keep in mind that the Beach Club’s pool has a huge following. I suggest you look at online photos to see what they are like.

The Boardwalk and Beach Club have below average quick service dining options, with limited options and very limited seating. The Beach Club is slightly better because there are a handful of indoor seats. At the Boardwalk, your only option is outside.

The Boardwalk has a slightly better location - it’s an easy walk to both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Beach Club is much closer to Epcot so DHS is better reached by a slow boat.

At the margins - Yacht & Beach is a touch more elegant (a touch).

Pool at Beach Club is unique - and frequently too crowded.....but sit-down restaurants are better than Boardwalk. You have to step outside to eat along the Boardwalk (since none are in the hotel).

Beach Club - closer walk into Epcot.

Boardwalk - closer walk to Hollywood Studios...and closer walk to Swan & Dolphin restaurants (which are the best collection at Disney).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter