First time at disney/epcot

dee bubbles

Earning My Ears
Hi,

This is our 1st time going to wdw with a 6 year old and a 8 year old. What should we not miss. Any suggestions would be great. We leave March 8. I can't wait. A friend told me these message boards would help. Thanks

We always visit MK and EPCOT -- my DDs, 5, 3, and 6mos. love them. We leave the other parks, MGM and AK, to chance, figuring we may get there and we may not, depending on how hectic the pace is. My DDs love Fantasyland, Adventureland and Tomorrowland at MK and most of the rides at the beginning of EPCOT. If we do get to MGM it's because I want to ride RNR and TOT (LOL).

We try to get park hoppers, so we can spend 3/4 of a day at MK and finish up our day at EPCOT with the TOD parade and fireworks. We're able to "stretch" our tickets through about 3-4 trips. We also visit US and IOA too, usually spending 1 day at each park.

I'm sure your trip will be great considering the ages of the kids. Have fun!

Don't miss:

Epcot FW- Characters on Holiday Bus, fun and exciting way to see characters. My kids loved test track (they are 6 and 9), also liked Cranium command and univ. of energy

Epcot WS- do either kid's mask or passport as you travel around to the countries. It was a thrill for them to put their "dream" in the dream seekers net during parade. Do some of the shows, we saw chinese acrobats, living statues, japanese drums.

MK- you must do Buzz (over and over in my case-LOL), we met characters in the Main St. exposition hall (nobody else was in there), pin trading everywhere is fun for kids.

You might also try to book Pirates Treasure Hunt cruise at GF resort. It was one of my kids favorit activities of the whole week!:)

Don't leave out Animal Kingdom either. It is a very different park and much less stressful than the others.The festival of the Lion King show is awsome. We love every park. Think about a character meal or two. They are great fun and a great way to meet the characters.If you have not made reservations yet, think about staying on site. Very worth it.Have fun planning and come back with more questions.

Jordan's mom

Our favorite park is Magic Kingdom. We must always either go on or see the Pirates of the Caribbean, the Jungle Cruise, the Tiki Birds, the Haunted House (many times on this one), and all the little kid rides such as Pooh Bear, Peter Pan, etc. We're not much on fast rollercoasters. When you are tired and need to get out of the sun, definitely go on the Small World ride. At MGM, we like to see the Muppet Movie. My husband and I loved Star Tours, but it was a little scary for our kids.
Have fun.

make sure to stop at the kid staions and make the craft ! and of course ride Space Ship Earth !
this was my kids favorite park DS 5 and DD 8 ! Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter