First Time Camper

disneyfreak1

<font color="blue">Willing to tag for tickets</fon
I am a first time camper and have purchased a tent. I have reservations at FW for the weekend of Feb. 28th. Here are my questions:

1) Do I need to put some type of tarp under my tent?

2) I believe I read somewhere that there is some type of water show. If so, what time does it start?

3) I don't know what loop I am in, but are all the campsites close the the restroom or do I need to purchase a portable potty? I'm planning for middle of the night restroom trips.

That's all the questions I have for now.

Thanks.

1) Do I need to put some type of tarp under my tent?

You don't have too but I always do. It makes packing the tent away easier/cleaner and helps protect the floor of the tent.

2) I believe I read somewhere that there is some type of water show. If so, what time does it start?

The times vary check at the front desk when you arive.

3) I don't know what loop I am in, but are all the campsites close the the restroom or do I need to purchase a portable potty? I'm planning for middle of the night restroom trips.

There are some sites that are pretty far from a comfort station. I would have them put on your resi that you want to be close to a comfort station. Port a potty are great. We did not have one when we tent camped but we have one in our pop up that we use at night or in bad weather.

For my tent I have purchased a roll of 6 mil plastic. (Wal-Mart about $8.00) I have cut a piece to size that I put under my tent, and another piece cut to size that goes inside my tent.

Also to keep all of that clean, I put a piece of the really cheap painters plastic underneath all of that and just throw that piece away after I roll everything up. If it does rain, the sandy pad that you are on gets almost gummy underneath your tent.

I would also set up the tent at home and "seal" the seams with seam sealer and spray the tent really well with Scotch Guard and let it sit for a day or two.

Yes, request a site near the comfort station! I was just in site 1503 which is right next to the comfort station and just across the road from the Meadows area. Sites 1501 - 1505 would work as well!

Thank you both so much for your replies. You have been a BIG help!

Pam

Even the sites away from the comfort stations are really not that far to walk. While FW does have subdued lighting, remember to take a couple of flashlights.

Even when we have a comfort station close by we like our porta pottie right outside the door. Check out the link below.

I hope you have fun, but as you can tell reading into Memph1s
post it will not be long before you are looking at pop ups.

Our Porta Potti Page

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter