First time cruisers ensured to be "Allured"?? -April 2019 TR

We headed to the solarium for lunch! It was a nice buffet- great variety with many healthy choices! Our waiter offered us a special at the Samba Grill - but we declined.

After lunch, we were headed to the spa for our 2nd couples hot stone massages along with facials! We had to wait for our treatment, so our therapist let us do so in the Thermal Suite. Aahh!! So nice. The thermal beds were nice and warm, they had soft music playing, and the lights were dim. I think we both nodded off! :goodvibes

There was a Thermal suite package you could purchase that they told us about when we boarded. I didn't think it was something we were interested in, so we didn't talk any more about it with the crew member. But, after experiencing it- it is SO NICE and relaxing! It's something we would love to do again on a future cruise!:thumbsup2

Our massages were once again- amazing!! Our facials were great! The head and scalp massage- wow!! A spa visit is definitely something I would highly recommend! Look for specials- especially if you stay on board when at port! That's when you get the best deals! The massage therapists also want you to return so they offer great deals on a return visit!!

After our massages, we stopped for a drink and then returned to our cabin to shower and get ready for dinner! We were dining again at Giovanni's!!

We had another fantastic dinner at Giovanni's- great food, impeccable service!

That night, we attended the comedy show! It was great! There were two comedians and the show was about 45 minutes long.

After the show, we spent some time on the Promenade enjoying the entertainment with a few drinks! We ended the night with a stop at Schooner's piano bar!

The end of our cruise was coming fast! This was our last :( Cruise Compass!!

thumbnail_IMG_6420.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6421.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6422.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6423.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6424.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6430.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6427.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6428.jpg

We also received departure information:

thumbnail_IMG_6426.jpg

And as Key guests, we had additional departure information:

thumbnail_IMG_6431.jpg

Our last day was at sea. We slept in and enjoyed our breakfast in our room on our balcony!

That afternoon, we had booked a wine tasting seminar. It was held in the Grande dining room. This is one of the main dining rooms. We had My Time dining so we dined in the American Icon. The Grande is one of two dining rooms for timed dining.

thumbnail_IMG_6179.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6177.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6175.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6173.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6171.jpg

We were led to a table - set very nice with our wine glasses and some cheese, fruit, and crackers to go with the wine samplings!

thumbnail_IMG_6168.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6169.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6170.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6432.jpg

The seminar was given by the ship's head sommelier. He was very informative and taught us a lot about wine! We learned the importance of picking up your glass by the stem and swirling it in your glass before tasting! There was, indeed, a big difference in the taste of the wine if you sipped it before swirling it and after! There was a much bolder flavor after swirling it around!

The seminar was about an hour. We had booked it pre-cruise. We both enjoyed it and would highly recommend it!

We headed to the Boardwalk area and had hot dogs for lunch at The Dog House. They were very good! We decided to dine that evening at Sabor Mexican restaurant. We didn't have any more nights on our specialty dining package, but we were in the mood for something different and their menu looked good. So we stopped by the restaurant and made a reservation for 8:30 pm that evening.

We had reservations for Blue Planet that afternoon. So we headed to the Amber theater!

We were able to sit in the reserved seats for The Key. They were in the first few rows of the balcony-very good seats! We went to the bar inside of the theater and got some wine to enjoy with the show. They had popcorn and we assumed it would be free. But, when we asked, they said there was an additional charge for it!

The view of the stage from our seats:

thumbnail_IMG_6182.jpg

The show was excellent!! I think it was about an hour so not too long. The singing, dancing, and acrobatics were fabulous!!

Amazing report! We were on Oasis in Jan of 2014 and really need to get back on one of these ships!

I did a wine tasting on Harmony. Wasn't that impressed with the wines, but agree about the sommelier - this is one of their opportunities to show off their knowledge, and they definitely do that.

We were led to a table - set very nice with our wine glasses and some cheese, fruit, and crackers to go with the wine samplings!

View attachment 401117

View attachment 401118

View attachment 401119

View attachment 401120

The seminar was given by the ship's head sommelier. He was very informative and taught us a lot about wine! We learned the importance of picking up your glass by the stem and swirling it in your glass before tasting! There was, indeed, a big difference in the taste of the wine if you sipped it before swirling it and after! There was a much bolder flavor after swirling it around!

The seminar was about an hour. We had booked it pre-cruise. We both enjoyed it and would highly recommend it!

Once you learn this, you can't go back! :)

Yay, for more wine knowledge. Great pictures as always, and you did a lot even if you didn't get off the ship much. Enjoy reading.

Amazing report! We were on Oasis in Jan of 2014 and really need to get back on one of these ships!

Thanks so much for reading along! :)

We really loved the Allure!! It was huge- but still easy to navigate!

I did a wine tasting on Harmony. Wasn't that impressed with the wines, but agree about the sommelier - this is one of their opportunities to show off their knowledge, and they definitely do that.

Yes- the sommelier was so knowledgeable!:thumbsup2 Our tastings were fairly dry wines, but we did enjoy them! He also explained how food can make a difference in the taste of the wines. I didn't notice this difference before!

Yay, for more wine knowledge. Great pictures as always, and you did a lot even if you didn't get off the ship much. Enjoy reading.

We learned to be like real wine connoisseurs!! We don't just pour a glass of wine and immediately drink it now!! We sniff, swirl, hold the glass by the rim only!, taste, comment on the flavors we taste,... and repeat! Hopefully, we burn off some of the calories by doing all of this!:laughing:

So, we met up with our friends after Blue Planet. They were having an early dinner at Izumi. They weren't able to book the hibachi experience so they opted for the a la carte part of the restaurant. We decided to join them for some appetizers. We were dining at Sabor later.

We enjoyed some last moments on our balcony- enjoying the view! Before the cruise, I thought that the sight of just the ocean with no land in sight would make me nervous! But it was quite the opposite! We both found this sight amazing- and the sound of the waves peaceful!

thumbnail_IMG_6201.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6199.jpg

So we freshened up and headed to Izumi!

thumbnail_IMG_6206.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!