First time runDisney- thinking about using a travel agent...thoughts?

coloradocutie

DIS Veteran
Looking forward to our first runDisney event with the marathon weekend January 2019. Looking to do the 5k and 10 k and, in my preparatory reading, it sounds like these events can/will sell out quickly when the registration opens up to the public. I don't want to risk not getting a registration if we are planning the trip there. I was talking to to runDisney travel agent who can set the hotel, passes, and get the run registration going prior to the open registration day July 19. It sounds SO EASY! I am inclined to go through the travel agent for ease of planning. Is there anything I am not considering?
Thanks in advance!

Are these in-house travel agents or third party travel agents who purport to specialize in Run Disney events?

I used a 3rd party travel agent that specializes in runDisney. I used Jim and Pat Stone at Acclaim Travel and do not hesitate to recommend them. When the Inaugural 2015 Star Wars Rebel Challenge at Disneyland sold out in 25 minutes, I was busy not worrying about getting my registration because I had already taken care of it the day before. I did have to buy a one day one park ticket even though I had an annual pass, although it appears that if you stay at a Disney owned resort, they now waive that requirement if you can prove that you have the annual pass.

I used a 3rd party travel agent that specializes in runDisney. I used Jim and Pat Stone at Acclaim Travel and do not hesitate to recommend them. When the Inaugural 2015 Star Wars Rebel Challenge at Disneyland sold out in 25 minutes, I was busy not worrying about getting my registration because I had already taken care of it the day before. I did have to buy a one day one park ticket even though I had an annual pass, although it appears that if you stay at a Disney owned resort, they now waive that requirement if you can prove that you have the annual pass.

I can second Acclaim Travel enthusiastically. I’ve used them for both WDW and DL RunDisney events. The only real downside is that you may be limited to the resorts that they are allocated.

I used Acclaim once when I decided late to run the January half and it was sold out. I do prefer to do it myself but my experience with them was very positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter