First time to Aulani

Mike Gray

WEDfan1983
Ding Dang The Trackers got us with their Aulani videos. We booked our first trip to Aulani for next February. We are DVC staying in a Deluxe Studio Garden view. Any recommendations on room requests for best view. Also we will be renting a car from the airport to drop off at Aulani the next day. I know it says the rental counter closes at 5pm. Has anyone ever dropped off later than that and not been charged the extra day fee? Thanks for any info/advice.

Mike

Last edited:
Congrats! Aulani is such an amazing resort that can't be explained (you have to experience it to get it).

At the top of this forum is a massive thread on the different rooms and view. Take a look and you will find some many helpful tips for room requests and check out the room view photos.
It's such a great thread and helped us score a great room on our first stay (we have view of the ocean without paying for OV view studio price)!

Thank you. I did see that hopefully I can get one of those secret ocean view rooms. Lol

I booked the same for Jan 2020 and requested above 8th floor with room range 73-79 for the free ocean view room

I've not done it myself, but I believe Alamo has a drop box where you can leave the keys if returning the car after hours. Hopefully someone else can confirm for you.

I would recommend considering keeping the car for the duration of your trip, however. Round trip airport car rentals tend to have the cheapest rates, and since you're staying on DVC points, parking will be free. I assume you'll also need a way back to the airport. Ko Olina, where Aulani is located, is a small planned tourist community with not much in the immediate vicinity. To see true Hawaiian beauty (and not the manmade beauty of Ko Olina), you need to go outside the gates. With a week at Aulani, we spent 3 days enjoying the resort and 3 days sightseeing with the rental car, and it was perfect for us. The car made it so easy.

I've not done it myself, but I believe Alamo has a drop box where you can leave the keys if returning the car after hours. Hopefully someone else can confirm for you.

I would recommend considering keeping the car for the duration of your trip, however. Round trip airport car rentals tend to have the cheapest rates, and since you're staying on DVC points, parking will be free. I assume you'll also need a way back to the airport. Ko Olina, where Aulani is located, is a small planned tourist community with not much in the immediate vicinity. To see true Hawaiian beauty (and not the manmade beauty of Ko Olina), you need to go outside the gates. With a week at Aulani, we spent 3 days enjoying the resort and 3 days sightseeing with the rental car, and it was perfect for us. The car made it so easy.
Thank you for the advice.

They had a drop box for the keys when I rented a car there last July. I've also rented a car from the Enterprise down the road at the Marriott, which had more vehicles available during my stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter