first time to WDW and FW

froggy

Earning My Ears
Hello everybody!! I am so excited to find this board. It sounds like you all have a lot of info. I need some advice. We are planning to go to WDW and FW for the first time next year. I cant wait but I would like to know the best time of year to go. (low crowds, nice weather) we will be staying in a tent with a 3 year old.Thanks!!

Hi!! Welcome to the DIS!!!

You will have a wonderful time at FW! Your son/daughter will love it too! Lots of room to run around and play!

We really like going in February/March. Early February is still a little cool in the evenings, but we just throw on an extra blanket. If you can go in March before spring break starts, that's a great time! The crowds are pretty low, and the weather is usually nice.

Feel free to ask any questions! We're all excited for you!

Hi Rhonda!

We are planning to go next year too! Tentatively we will be arriving the day after Thanksgiving and staying until the following Saturday!

We went for the first time in 2000, the same time period. It was wonderful! The weather is perfect, not too much rain (it only rained one morning). The crowds are pretty much none exhistant! We walked onto everything - the only major wait we had was for Dumbo and that was for about 10 min. Not bads in my opinion! Lastly - the decorations for the entire world are up, you can see the Osborne Lights, and visit all the Santa around the world. My daughter had her picture taken with all of them!
There are no bugs either!. I just cannot say enough about that time of year. We took our daughter out of school (her teacher was told before hand and she did amost of her work before we went). She did a presentation when she came home on pin collecting and the santas around the world! We camped at Fort Wilderness and the cast members were as nice as can be. E-mail me if I can answer any other ?? for you.

We did miss out on Mickeys Magical Christmas but we could live with that.

Have a great time - planning is half of the fun! I just can't wait until 2003!

October and the weeks between Thanksgiving & Xmas. These tend to be the slower periods and the heat is not as bad either.

Dont forget the kids bikes or scooters.

Wow, Thanks for the info! I think I will try for the first week in Dec. I have never tent camped for more than a few days. Has anyone stayed a week in a tent? How was it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter