First time- what holiday specific things are there at WDW?

DisneyandBeerLover

Mouseketeer
We're WDW vets, but we've never been to WDW in December. We're going 7-11 in 2019.

We're already planning on going to the MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, Festival of the Holidays, Sunset Season Greetings, monorail resorts, boardwalk area resorts, Wilderness Lodge, and the tree trail at Disney Springs. And we're likely staying at Art of Animation.

Is there anything else we're missing?

I've been searching around, we'll be in all the parks at some point, but we don't have much time planned at HS or AK. Holiday specific activities are our priority for this trip as we don't know if or when we'll be back for the holidays in the future. SWGE isn't a huge interest for us so we might just skip HS all around if the crowds are insane, or might just drop in for just holiday stuff.

The things you listed pretty well cover it as far as I can tell and remember. It's possible the holiday offerings would change this year, especially in HS with Star Wars opening, but I don't know. It sounds like you'll be hitting most everything there is. But I'm sure others will be quick to add in anything missed ;)

We're WDW vets, but we've never been to WDW in December. We're going 7-11 in 2019.

We're already planning on going to the MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, Festival of the Holidays, Sunset Season Greetings, monorail resorts, boardwalk area resorts, Wilderness Lodge, and the tree trail at Disney Springs. And we're likely staying at Art of Animation.

Is there anything else we're missing?

I've been searching around, we'll be in all the parks at some point, but we don't have much time planned at HS or AK. Holiday specific activities are our priority for this trip as we don't know if or when we'll be back for the holidays in the future. SWGE isn't a huge interest for us so we might just skip HS all around if the crowds are insane, or might just drop in for just holiday stuff.
From you list the only thing missing is Jingle Bell Jingle BAM at DHS

Last edited:

Pics with Santa Goofy in Dinoland. We did pics with Photopass in front of the WL Xmas tree for our Xmas card. Storytellers at Epcot (unless that’s part of the Festival?). I think many of the resorts do cookie decorating at some point during the day. I think you’ve got most everything covered already! The Xmas season is so magical :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!