First timer wondering which park for Feb 28

surpriseby5

Earning My Ears
Hello - My daughter and I are going to Disneyland for the first time with my brother and his family. It's just a short trip and we have two days in the parks, Thursday February 27 and Friday the 28. I was planning on doing CA on Thursday and DL on Friday as those are the opposite days those parks have early entry. However, I'm realizing Friday is the first day of the new parade at DL and the first day of F&W at CA. How do you think that will affect crowds at both parks? Should I just assume both parks will be very crowded on Friday?

Any help or insight in choosing which park to start at each day would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance =-)

Hello - My daughter and I are going to Disneyland for the first time with my brother and his family. It's just a short trip and we have two days in the parks, Thursday February 27 and Friday the 28. I was planning on doing CA on Thursday and DL on Friday as those are the opposite days those parks have early entry. However, I'm realizing Friday is the first day of the new parade at DL and the first day of F&W at CA. How do you think that will affect crowds at both parks? Should I just assume both parks will be very crowded on Friday?

Any help or insight in choosing which park to start at each day would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance =-)
Any chance of springing for parkhoppers? Your dates (plus only having two days) would be an ideal time for them IMO.

If not, I’d just keep it as you planned. The crowds for both of those events won’t affect rides a ton, and I love Friday rope-drop at DL. You can probably catch the F&W booths in soft-opening phase on Thursday, too.

Any chance of springing for parkhoppers? Your dates (plus only having two days) would be an ideal time for them IMO.

If not, I’d just keep it as you planned. The crowds for both of those events won’t affect rides a ton, and I love Friday rope-drop at DL. You can probably catch the F&W booths in soft-opening phase on Thursday, too.
Also splurge on Maxpass! It will help you get the most out of your short trip.
Also I would prioritize what you want to do with 2 days you won’t have time to see / do everything.

Thank you for your replies! I am used to planning WDW trips and wonder if I'm overthinking this a bit ;-) I think we will spring for the park hoppers and MaxPass to give us some flexibility too.

I haven't looked at the hours for those dates, but there are times when DL is open as much as 4 hours later than DCA! I think park hoppers are worth it just for that, especially with just 2 days. With a longer trip, the forced rest time might be nice, but with just 2 days I would use that extra time for sure. Plus, DL after dark is one of my favorite things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!