First Timers Visit Over Easter! Can we see it all? - Updated 2/9

It..... didn't...... go..... down.... We went right over it and it stay on full force! We got full on wet! Like drenched.... ALL OF US!!!!! When we went on it in the morning it turned off just before we went over it. But I guess it was hot enough that it was ok to leave it on?
Oh No! i hope you were not too cold, and dried fast.

We have never rode GRR. Last time we were in DCA GRR was closed.

We want to ride, as it looks fun. But we really dont want to be drenched all day. i am bringing rain ponchos, but i after seeing your pictures i dont think ponchoes will be enough. I wonder if they turn off the Giezer during the cooler months, like December when we are going?

When the ride was over Lesley said that the CM said that we could ride again since she missed out. So, everyone existed except us and Lesley grabbed a car. Free Ride!!!

IMG
YAY free ride!!!! :)

Up Next.... Did Lesley steal our children? Did we like the Guardians ride?
That is a weird little side effect of these boards, isn't it?! I'm thinking, "I'd leave Jimmy with Lesley," nevermind I've never met her in real life! :)

I'm all caught up! I just booked a trip for DH and I for Disneyland next November so I started the report over to start soaking in all the things I need to know! And all I do know is that I need to do a lot of research before going! :rotfl:

Did you feel like three days was enough in the parks? I have a three day hopper for us now but I feel like I might add a fourth on since the fourth day would fall on Mickeys birthday next year and I've never been in a park for that before!

Looks like a great trip!

Hi Everyone!!!

I am back from the dead! December kicked my butt! I was super busy and super stressed about everything this year. But I am coming out of my Christmas coma and I have a goal to finish this before we leave for Disney World in the end of February. I think it is doable, if I keep at it. I do have lots of planning to do still for the trip but I CAN do it! Ha.

Thanks for hanging in there and hopefully you haven't completely forgotten who I am and where we are in the trip. (Cause I know I have to go back and see wehre I left off) I hope to get a post in today and tomorrow. (Fingerscrossed)

I think we got FPs while we were eating the cones because my window was open again.
I think you are right. Man, I am not sure how the rest of this tr is going to go! I have no notes, so I am going to be relying on memory and photos! eek.

A kid-free ride! Always a special treat.
I know right? It was a strange feeling, as we had never been to Disney by ourselves.

We want to ride, as it looks fun. But we really dont want to be drenched all day. i am bringing rain ponchos, but i after seeing your pictures i dont think ponchoes will be enough. I wonder if they turn off the Giezer during the cooler months, like December when we are going?
I am not sure if they do. I have to think they tone it down at the very least. I think ponchos will at least help. I think they have put up human dyers outside. That for a couple bucks you can get blown dry. Which would help too, I would think. But it is def fun and worth doing at least once.

Sounds like such a blast on the Cars ride and GRR! Even though you got drenched!!
Gwen and Morgan LOVED GRR and mostly because we got soooo wet.

That is a weird little side effect of these boards, isn't it?! I'm thinking, "I'd leave Jimmy with Lesley," nevermind I've never met her in real life! :)
Right? Isn't it strange how we get to know so much about everyone?

Got caught up!! The more I read your TR the more I HAVE to get to DL!!

The food, attractions and just everything looks so fun!!
Thanks for catching up just as I dropped off the face of the earth. oops! We really had a great time and I def want to go back at some point.

I'm all caught up! I just booked a trip for DH and I for Disneyland next November so I started the report over to start soaking in all the things I need to know! And all I do know is that I need to do a lot of research before going! :rotfl:
I read a couple trip reports before we went as well. I really think reading the trip reports gives you a good idea of how much you can get done in a day.

Did you feel like three days was enough in the parks?
NO!!!! Andy did, but 1 more day would have been great, I think. Kind of like having the greatest hits. We skipped alot of the rides that are in Disney World as well, The Little Mermaid Ride, Soarin, Peter Pan, those kinds.) But there were still things we didn't get to. And we really didn't do any sit down restaurants, we wanted to maximize our time there, which was fine, but I def would like to have tried at least one.

I have a three day hopper for us now but I feel like I might add a fourth on since the fourth day would fall on Mickeys birthday next year and I've never been in a park for that before!
If you can I def would add the fourth day. I think it will just make you feel a little less rushed. It should give you the ability to take your time a little. Plus, by then Star Wars Land will be open, and I am sure that will be a good part of a day that we didn't have to plan for!

Looove your report.

Thanks for doing this as it seems like there not lot of DLR reports anymore.
Thanks for following along!!!! I think the fact that there are so many locals that go to Disneyland, there aren't as many Trip Reports. I just love doing these and reliving the trip! I should be posting more, now that the holidays are over!

Day Two: A First for Andy and I

So, I left off a long long long time ago, with us leaving Morgan and Gwen with Leslie and heading over to use fast passes for Guardians Of the Galaxy. Leslie was pretty admit that this was a must do ride and one of her favorites. Morgan and Gwen just weren't too keen on riding. So we took her up on her offer to hang out with the girls while we went and rode the ride!

Andy and I hustled over towards the other side of the park. We still weren't completely sure of our way around, and I think our MP window was already open. So, we walked quickly over. When we got there, Black Panther was just coming out.

Black Panther
This was really cool to watch! The music, the girls and Blank Panther all demand your attention!

Black Panther
At this point in time, we hadn't seen the movie, so I didn't really know how truly fearce the lady warriors were.

It was cool to watch that, and then we headed in! So, Andy loves Star Wars and Marvel Comics. And I knew he would like the ride regardless, but I was kind of just along for the ride. Ha! So, basically, I knew nothing about this movie going in.

IMG_2443
We went into the main waiting area, but didn't have a ton of time to really look around. I believe this is a loki costume?!? right?

IMG_1101
Andy apparently liked this picture hanging up. There was a video going in the room as well, but I forget what it had on it. We didn't get to see that much of it. Before we moved into the first Pre-Show room.

IMG_1105
Let me tell you, this Rocket the Racoon Animitronic... AMAZING!!!! Way better than that silly blue thing in Pandora... He was so life like! I loved the ride just for this show pre-room.

After this room, you go into this area that looks kind of like a steam room. And this is where we had to wait a bit. And this is when I was able to think and was hit with this mom guilt. Wait... What did we just do? We left the girls with someone we JUST met?!? Oye. On top of that my phone was starting to die. I was starting to panic a little. But I tried to relax. @Lesley Wake wouldn't take our kids? right?

Soon enough we were up towards the front and they needed 2 to fill in a row as long as we didn't want to sit next to each other. We said sure why not. And got to skip in front of a bunch of folks. I sadly was slightly excited by this, because we are never a party of 2.

This ride was AMAZING!!!!! Seriously! It was so fun! I was worried about the dropping feeling, but it really wasn't that bad. And the music, it was so fun!!!
IMG_5134
My face doesn't look like I am enjoying it, but it was so fun!

Now, we hadn't done Tower of Terror still in Hollywood Studios. The girls refuse to go on it, and I was afraid that the drop motion wouldn't be good for Andy's back. So, we never pushed it. This was just so so so fun!

Once we were off the ride, We both turned to each other and said that Morgan and Gwen HAD to try it. We then text Leslie to see where they were and let her know we were done.

IMG_1107
Groot was out meeting people. So, we just checked him out while we waited. He was pretty cool looking and had quiet the line of people waiting.

Up next... What Lesley and the girls were up to while we were partying with a Racoon!.

I have decided I am going to do the 4 day park hopper. It just makes the most sense for us to stay in Anaheim on the last day and enjoy the park for as much as we can! We'll have to leave at some point to catch our flight but i think this just seems like the best bet!

The Guardians ride looks so fun. Now that you've ridden TOT which do you prefer?

I have decided I am going to do the 4 day park hopper. It just makes the most sense for us to stay in Anaheim on the last day and enjoy the park for as much as we can! We'll have to leave at some point to catch our flight but i think this just seems like the best bet!

The Guardians ride looks so fun. Now that you've ridden TOT which do you prefer?
I think more days at Disney is never a bad thing!

For me, I love Guardians more! There are 6 different drop sequences, with 6 different songs (each with a different video combination). So it's totally random what you will get! It took me months of riding before I finally got all 6 sequences! Also, the ride never truly stops moving. You are always bouncing of some sort, and when you do go up/down, it's so powerful, you actually fly out of your seat! Like seriously, without the seat belts I would have flown about a foot in the air multiple times per ride!

I can't remember, when are you coming to CA? If it's during Halloween season, they switch the ride entirely around 5-6pm, and it becomes "Monsters After Dark" which is awesome fun! A different song, video, and the CMs change outfits and the pre-show is changed around!

I def think you won't be disapointed. We took an uber from Disneyland to Santa Monica at the end of the night on the 3rd night. Not sure how you are planning on getting around. But we had no problems getting one.

I basically agree with Lesley! Guardians is so so so much better! It just feels like a party while you are on it. I think all the music adds so much to it, as well. Kind of like Rock n' Rollercoaster.

For me, I love Guardians more! There are 6 different drop sequences, with 6 different songs (each with a different video combination). So it's totally random what you will get! It took me months of riding before I finally got all 6 sequences! Also, the ride never truly stops moving. You are always bouncing of some sort, and when you do go up/down, it's so powerful, you actually fly out of your seat! Like seriously, without the seat belts I would have flown about a foot in the air multiple times per ride!
Ditto ... what she said!

Day Two: Meanwhile...

I left off with Andy and I finishing Guardians ride. Meanwhile, @Lesley Wake was a trooper and took the girls over to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

Now, I am not sure of the order they did these things in but Lesley passed over some great shots of the girls and there adventures without us. So, this is what they did....

A little Rock Climbing...
IMG_5074
IMG_5074
IMG_5095

IMG_5098
IMG_5098
IMG_5111
(I like this last one, as you get a littel 2 finger point action going on.

A little Rope Swinging...
IMG_5065
IMG_5059
IMG_5059

IMG_5059

Some cute tunnel shots...
IMG_5123
IMG_5117

And I believe the girls con'd Lesley onto the rope net bridge...
IMG_5132
IMG_5134 IMG_5134
Not sure what was going on but it appears to be a lot of giggling and rolling on the ropes...

IMG_5126
And I also want to say these girls took and posed better for Lesley for pictures than me!!!!

Lesley text'd us and said they were on there way over to us. We planned to see the Frozen Show which was right by Guardians. So, Andy and I just check out some stuff in the area while we waited.
IMG_2453
We saw Captain America out meeting people. And Andy def wanted to try and meet him later if possible.

As you can see from the photos, the girls were in good hands with Lesley. The other thing we commented on while we were waiting in line for Guardian's was that we didn't really warn Gwen that she likes to pee alot. And Andy was worried that she would need to go while we were away. Never Fear! Lesley is ALSO capabile of taking an 8 year old to the bathroom! Yes, she can do it all!

I guess they had to pit stop at a bathroom on the way over to meet up. Which made them take awhile, and I was getting mommy anxious. But we were finally reunited! And headed over to the theater to see the show!

Day Two: An Amazing Show!

I knew that the Frozen Show was to be really good, but I think we probably would have skipped it if Lesley hadn't recommended it. But I am SOOOO glad that we did it! It was amazing! They have consesions like a movie, which I loved. We got some popcorn for the girls to snack on and Lesley got a soda I think. I really wanted to get a beer but I was afraid it would have put me to sleep!

We headed into the theater, we got there basically as they were letting people in and it was perfect timing. We got a seat on the side but middle area and settle in.
IMG_5349
We got our popcorn outside, but they had a couple people roaming around selling popcorn inside as well.

We had a little time to wait before the show started.
IMG_5349

I am pretty sure the girls were starting to get punchy, so we talked about heading back to the room for a bit to relax and change, as we had evening plans and I knew we would be in the park late again tonight.

IMG_5349
Eventually the show started, and wow! Everything about it was amazing and TOTALLY worth it. The sets were amazing, the costumes were great.

IMG_5349

IMG_5349

IMG_5349
The whole thing just makes the Frozen Sing-a-long seem sad. I knew they probably couldn't to that high of a caliber of a performance in Florida. But they could try? Right? Maybe?

After the show, we said goodbye to Lesley.
IMG_5349
We got one more photo before we split up. She had her own Guardians Fast Pass to use and some shopping to do! I said I would text her when we were heading back into the park from the hotel and just see where she was.

We headed out of the park. We of course stopped along the way, cause you can't just leave...
IMG_2467
Black Panther was on his way backstage as we were walking by.

We ducked into a store on the way out. I wanted to get the girls leggins or sweat pants or something. It was colder than I was thinking it would be and didn't pack any pants for the girls! Oops! This of course took longer than I had wanted it to, but I did find pants for the girls, a cute sweatshirt for me and a world of color blanket that they could share. And probably other stuff that I can't think of at the moment. I think they picked up there one thing then as well.

We finally headed out of the park and walked across the street to the hotel to relax. We may have swam a little but we def relaxed.

Up next World of Color!!!

So glad you are back and got some good updates in! I think I may have had a longer stretch of being MIA than you with our football season. Well, that's over and I'm back to re-living past trips!

My DS6 would have lost his mind if he would have been there when Black Panther came out...he loved that movie and the character. Ready to read about the rest of your trip!

It was fun hanging out with the girls! They did get me up that ropes course, though I took the stairs down! Had enough of a rope burn on my feet (maybe don't wear flip flops next time...). At Christmas they decorate that whole area and it's where Santa meets!

I think more days at Disney is never a bad thing!

I can't remember, when are you coming to CA? If it's during Halloween season, they switch the ride entirely around 5-6pm, and it becomes "Monsters After Dark" which is awesome fun! A different song, video, and the CMs change outfits and the pre-show is changed around!

Unfortunately we wont be there for monsters after dark! I considered a Halloween time trip but Disneyland at Christmas time just sounds better to me!

I can't wait to ride Guardians! Sounds so fun!

Unfortunately we wont be there for monsters after dark! I considered a Halloween time trip but Disneyland at Christmas time just sounds better to me!

I can't wait to ride Guardians! Sounds so fun!
Both seasons are great! I wasn't sure if you were coming September or otherwise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!