First Timers Visit Over Easter! Can we see it all? - Updated 2/9

Day Three: Braving Guardians...

So, off we went to use our max pass for Guardians.

Morgan was SUPER nervous about this, and let's be honest, not very excitied that we were making her ride this.

But when we went in the room with rocket, she LOVED that. I mean Rocket is pretty awsome!

But soon we were making our way up to the ride.
IMG_2782

IMG_2782
They were waiting for there eternal doom, I think.

But in we went and got seated....
IMG_2782
Here you can see Gwen NOT happy about this whole situation...

And then the ride started... What did they think?
Guardians Ride Photo10575841528
Gwen LOVED the ride!!!

IMG_2782
She was jumping up and down getting off, she liked it so much! The music and party feel just totally got to her.

Morgan... meh... All she could say was that her backpack was flying in the air. I think deep down she liked it but she is maintianing that she did NOT like it. Overall, I think it was a successful ride.

Gwen of course wanted to ride it again, but the wait was super long and I think there were no more max passes. But we were ready for our next max pass, so we headed over towards Carsland next!

IMG_2793
We cut through Bugs Land Again. Gwen got a pic with Princess Atta, cause she is a princess after all... This was Andy's first time seeing it as well. But again just a drive by of it.

IMG_2793
We headed over to Radiator Racers for our last time riding.

IMG_2793
Gwen really wanted to "win" this time.

Radiator Springs Ride Photo
Sadly we did not... But we still had fun. It really is a great ride and way more fun than Test Track.

It was about 6:15 by now, and I could feel the trip starting to come to an end! I wasn't ready to leave Disneyland yet!!! But Andy was getting really tired. :(

IMG_2793
So, I think I just started snapping pictures of everything as we went along! I did love these "flowers"

We decided to get in line for Luigi's "dancing" cars.
IMG_2793

We waited about half an hour but not too bad, I think.
IMG_2793

IMG_2793
We enjoyed our last spin on the dancing cars.

IMG_2813

IMG_2813

Another random shot... I did love the Cozy Cone Motel! I wanted to check in for the night and never leave!

It was now 7:00, and I think we decided on one last ride and then we needed to get something to eat!

Since we were in Carsland, we decided to do Junkyard Jamboree!
IMG_2813
Another fun ride!

i was glad that our afternoon was riding mostly rides that we can't ride in Disney World. It was a great afternoon in California Adventure!

After, it was time for some food! I suggested we try what is now Lamplight lounge. So we headed that way.

Would we get in? Would it be good? Would we get the Lobster Nachos?!

Day Three: Lobster Nachos and Cotton Candy Drinks!

We headed over to see if we could get into the restuarant. I had told Andy about the Lobster Nachos, and he def wanted to try them!

There was a small line, and we got in. There was a CM taking names and letting everyone know how long the wait might be. It wasn't too bad and I said we should wait. Morgan and Gwen had something specific in mind they wanted to buy. I can't remember what, but I took the girls to walk down the boardwalk towards Toy Story Mania to see what they had in that gift shop.

IMG_2813
IMG_2813
We didn't find what they were looking for, but had fun taking some pics with the construction wall pics!

IMG_2813
IMG_2813

It didn't take long, Andy text'd me and said that we needed to come back, that we were close to the front and we needed to all be there to go in. So, we headed back to the line and were shortly seated.

We were in the outside area, which was fine, we had a great view! But it was chilly at this point.

We ordered some drinks...
IMG_2837
Last Vacation Cheers Shot!

Andy got Diet Coke, as he was ill.

IMG_2837
I got a Moscow Mule. I always score extra points for when it comes in a copper mug!

IMG_2837
And the girls got these beauties... I don't remember what they were, but they were in love! I don't think they were on the menu but thankfully there was a kid a table over with one, and the girls def wanted one for themselves!

IMG_2837
Bad pic, but they were both very happy with there last drink option in Disneyland.

IMG_2837
Gwen ordered the cheese pizza. And Morgan wanted Steak Pizza. But that wasn't on the menu. We had asked the CM outside about modify the one item and he said it should be a problem. Well, our waiter did NOT like this... So, Morgan ended up with a side of beef and a cheese pizza. It was strange but she was happy.

IMG_2837
Andy and I went with 2 apps to split. First was the Tuna appatizer.... It was AMAAAAZING!!!

IMG_2837
You were to crack it open to reveal the tuna and edamame. There was also guac on the bottom. Seriously this was practically all my favorite things. It was soooo good!

We also got the Lobster Nachos... of course
IMG_2837
These were also really good!

We were all very happy with our last meal. Service was kind of slow but we weren't really in a rush to leave either. While we were waiting, we talked about what we liked best. And started talking about which versions were better.

Up next Morgan and Gwen's takes on which version of rides were better!

Those Mint Juleps are definitely on my list of things to try!
Def get one! I am looking forward to trying the Disney World version in a couple weeks!

All of that art is o cool! We love looking at the art galleries at Disneyland!
It really was all really nice art!.

The WoC dessert party sounds like it was worth it! Nice having seats to relax in.

Cute idea having the girls wear bunny ears on Easter! Glad they could do the egg hunt too!
It was so nice to have the table. I wish they did this for DW!

Great pictures of Toontown! It is DH's favorite land. I completely know what you mean about the mayhem of Minnie's line but so glad your girls got to get some great pictures anyway :)
We loved it regadless of the crazyiness. I just wish we had more time to spend in the area!

Once we scanned our bands
You did not, you were at Disneyland! :P

I haven’t been since MaxPass but still think Disneyland’s fastpass system is better than World’s. I do like magic bands though so I guess there are benefits of both parks!

He was like a little 10 year old boy again
That is adorable, I am glad he found something to perk him up! It stinks feeling sick on a trip.

I got a Lemon alcholic drink of some sort. Which was excellent. And hit the spot.
Ooooh yes please! That sounds perfect right about now. The macaron sounds amazing as well!

IMG_2782
They were waiting for there eternal doom, I think.
:rotfl: It sure looks that way! I’m glad they liked it overall, even if Morgan won’t admit it.

So, I think I just started snapping pictures of everything as we went along! I did love these "flowers
I just loved everything in Carsland. Your report is making me want to go back so bad!!!

I got a Moscow Mule. I always score extra points for when it comes in a copper mug
As any proper mule should! :snooty:
We also got the Lobster Nachos... of course
Ugh I never made it to the Cove Bar to try these. It’s on my list of regrets. Guess I just need to go back!!!

I was so far behind and just got caught up, but those were some great updates. Especially a great Easter Day in both parks. You guys were able to do a lot of the good stuff! Those Lobster Nachos though...those looks great!

I'm caught up again! I loved your Toontown pictures, and the Marvel characters! And how cool that you saw Kobe Bryant! I can't believe those drinks the girls got—they are something else!

I'm finally caught up just as your leaving. I really want to go to Disneyland someday and your report has made the want triple. I've really enjoyed reading about your visit. So many cool things to see and do there. It really made me miss Toontown and the one at DW wan't near as good as Disneyland. I would also have been fan-girling if I had seen the Captain.

IMG_2714
Most of my pics are blurry. As you did move fairly quickly on the ride and it was dark. But we loved it! I wish they had something like this in Hollywood Studios. I think it would be a great ride for the non-Star Wars fans and younger kids.
I agree! It would fit in nicely at the Studios! When the park opened it was actually a pretty horrible dark ride which was like a limo through Hollywood. We got tickets to a soft opening of DCA and my mom took my brother on it and ended up on the same car with Michael Eisner! She saw his face when he got off the ride and he was NOT PLEASED! I don't know how long it lasted, but it disappeared pretty quickly!

But the very best part... As our car pulled up here at the end.... Roz starts talking to us....

Roz: "Hey, Little Girl.
Little Girl in the front."

Pause for a second.

Roz: "I like yoouur Glaaaaasses" (in her weird voice)

Another pause

Roz: "Wanna Traaaadeeee?"

OMG! It was sooo funny. We weren't expecting a customized item. And Morgan LOOOOOVED it!!! I just wish I had my phone on video! Morgan still talks about it.
Roz is hilarious in this ride! She flirted with my dad once!

I'm reading through this and just wanted to say my wife and I also stayed at Tropicana. Looks like we were even in the same area of the hotel! We were the first room on the 2nd floor right after the 2nd set of stairs, directly across from the pool. The convenience of the DL hotels is a huge plus for me.

That Easter egg hunt looks like something we would really enjoy. But the crowds were insane when we were there for President's Day weekend two years ago so the idea of an Easter crowd is terrifying.

Ugh I never made it to the Cove Bar to try these. It’s on my list of regrets. Guess I just need to go back!!!
Hey whatever gets you back there one day! ;)

You did not, you were at Disneyland! :P

I haven’t been since MaxPass but still think Disneyland’s fastpass system is better than World’s. I do like magic bands though so I guess there are benefits of both parks!
Ooops... talk about habit! They both have there benefits, for sure.

I was so far behind and just got caught up, but those were some great updates. Especially a great Easter Day in both parks. You guys were able to do a lot of the good stuff! Those Lobster Nachos though...those looks great!
I kind of plowed through the end of the trip a little. But I am glad I got it all done!

Those lobster nachos look delish!!
They were really good!

Wow very cool seeing Kobe Bryant!
I barely noticed him. Andy was the one who noticed.

I'm caught up again! I loved your Toontown pictures, and the Marvel characters! And how cool that you saw Kobe Bryant! I can't believe those drinks the girls got—they are something else!
Thanks!

I'm finally caught up just as your leaving. I really want to go to Disneyland someday and your report has made the want triple. I've really enjoyed reading about your visit. So many cool things to see and do there. It really made me miss Toontown and the one at DW wan't near as good as Disneyland. I would also have been fan-girling if I had seen the Captain.
It was totally worth going. I am so so so glad we got to go!

Roz is hilarious in this ride! She flirted with my dad once!
Ha! That is too funny!

DCA and my mom took my brother on it and ended up on the same car with Michael Eisner!
WHAAAT!!! That is crazy!

I'm reading through this and just wanted to say my wife and I also stayed at Tropicana. Looks like we were even in the same area of the hotel! We were the first room on the 2nd floor right after the 2nd set of stairs, directly across from the pool. The convenience of the DL hotels is a huge plus for me.
You really couldn't beat the location at all!

That Easter egg hunt looks like something we would really enjoy. But the crowds were insane when we were there for President's Day weekend two years ago so the idea of an Easter crowd is terrifying.
Easter really wasn't that bad! Maybe because it was a more religious holiday, less locals were there. I mean it was crowded but not horrible. I think they do it leading up to Easter, not sure how early.

Hi everyone!!!

I just wanted to say thank you for all following along! I want to wrap this up, as we leave for Disney World on Friday!!!!

So, while we were waiting for our food, I asked the girls which version of some of the rides they liked better. I clearly missed a few, but here are the ones we did record.

First up Disney World Tea Cups vs. Disneyland Tea Cups
IMG_2830

Next up Kali River Rapids vs Grizzly River Run
IMG_2834

Tomorrowland Speedway vs Autopia
IMG_2833

Finding Nemo Submarine vs Finding Nemo ride in EPCOT
IMG_2832

Disney World Buzz Lightyear Spin vs Disneyland Buzz Lightyear
IMG_2831

After we finished our meal, it was time to head out. We sadly and slowly headed out of the park. Grabbed our bags from the hotel and called for an Uber. We took the uber to the hotel Andy would be staying for the commercial shoot in Santa Monica.

When we checked in, we found a super fancy hotel that Gwen said she wanted to live in! Ha!

The next morning, we found a local breakfast place, where I got to have the California Avacado Toast.
IMG_2866
There is avacado on there somewhere. It was good but Andy said he has had better.

After we walked down to check out the beach and pier area.
IMG_2866

IMG_2866
I do have to say, we were not that impressed by the pier. Being in New Jersey we have lots of piers as well, and well, it was a pier....

IMG_2866
But we got a family picture to prove that we were there!

IMG_2866

IMG_2866

IMG_2866
We let the girls play a little in the water, so that they can say that they "swam" in the Pacific Ocean.

After awhile, though Andy had to go to a wardrobe thing, so the girls and I just hung out at the hotel. We changed into baithing suits and went down to hang out.

IMG_2866
It was fancy... for sure. It was also cold so there was not one really there.

IMG_2866
I pretty much hung out here with a drink. I texted with Lesley about stuff and my girlfriend.

IMG_2866
The girls did this while I was relaxing.

IMG_2866
It was chilly and the girls really were having a rough day, trying to stay warm by the fire... It was rough! :)

We eventually went back up to the room to relax and pack up. Andy came back and dropped us off at the airport. The girls and I took the red eye back . It was fairly uneventful, and they were troopers at all of the travel.

And that, completes this trip report! Thanks again to everyone who followed along!! We loved Disneyland and do hope to come back one day!

I love the comparison videos at the end - definitely going to try recording some after trip thoughts so we can remember everything. Great TR and so glad your family had such a good time. Hope your upcoming WDW trip is great too!

So, while we were waiting for our food, I asked the girls which version of some of the rides they liked better. I clearly missed a few, but here are the ones we did record.

Sounds like Disneyland rides were a big hit.

But we got a family picture to prove that we were there!

Very nice picture!

And that, completes this trip report! Thanks again to everyone who followed along!! We loved Disneyland and do hope to come back one day!

Loved hearing about Disneyland from a DW fan. You should be on your way to DW today. Have a great trip!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip stories with us! You've made me want to see Disneyland even more now! I hope you have an awesome trip coming up in WDW!
Thanks! We had a great time. I just need to get myself moving on a new trip report!

I love the comparison videos at the end - definitely going to try recording some after trip thoughts so we can remember everything. Great TR and so glad your family had such a good time. Hope your upcoming WDW trip is great too!
Thanks for following along! WDW was crowded but fun as always.

And I can't wait to see you again too!
Hopefully we will overlap in May!!! It's coming up fast!

Loved hearing about Disneyland from a DW fan. You should be on your way to DW today. Have a great trip!
Thanks! Trip was great.

Fun end to your trip! That cabana seems like a great place to relax and recover from a bunch of busy Disney days! Your girls are so cute!
It was good to relax after our busy trip for sure. But I have to admit, it was almost too fancy. I felt a little out of place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!