First Timers Visit Over Easter! Can we see it all? - Updated 2/9

I remember ridiing 20, 000 Leagues in Disney World and being utterly terrified that we were gonna sink and drown down there. I'm glad this stayed at DL, and I agree that Nemo is a cute, and up dated overlay. Is this where the mermaids used to be as well??
I don't know if this is where the mermaids were but man if there were mermaids, the girls would have LOVED THAT!!! There was conversations while we waited as to whether or not we actually went under the water. Morgan and Gwen are too smart for there own good. They said they knew we didn't since you see it on the other side going around and it's still has the top at the top.

I am hoping to get another update in today! fingerscrossed!

Day One: Macarons, MORE driving and a ride around a Mountain!

I left us off, heading to Jolly Holiday Bakery to get a late breakfast/snack. I think I knew that we could find the macaroons here. (maybe). But regardless once we walked inside and the girls saw the macaroons, there was no decisions that needed to be made. We didn't even ask what the flavors were! We ordered a red and a pink mickey macaroon and a pomegranate Slushy to share.

This was Gwen's Pink Macaroon that matched her plush!

Gwen was super excitied to have her matching set. The Rose Gold Macaroon was filled with strawberry compote and lemon verbena buttercream.

And Morgan went with the red macaroon. The Red version was a raspberry rose cream with fresh raspberries.

And our Pomegranate Slushy. The slushy was very good. Although nothing especially different about it. Just a good disney slushy.

We all agreed that the red macaroon tasted the best! They were both great but the fresh raspberries put it over the top of the two.

We sat outside and ate our snacks and Andy finally arrived! Once I knew Andy had gone through the turnstile, I jumped on the app and made our first MaxPass fastness! I grabbed a Fast Pass for the Matterhorn, so we could all experience that together. We finished up our food and talked about what we wanted to do until our fast pass window. The girls REALLY wanted to show Andy Autopia. So, we headed that way.

But first I spotted something that I REALLY wanted to get.

Mickey Popcorn Bucket!

It's funny, we haven't gotten popcorn before in Disney. This was our first Disney popcorn! Ha. The girls loved this bucket and sadly, we ended up wearing some of the Mickey face off of the bucket. :(

With our bucket now purchased, we headed into Tomorrowland. The girls pointed out all of the sights as we walked that way.

We got in line, the line was longer than before but we decided to get in line anyway. (probably should have gone and done something new but we didn't).

We saw the Disneyland Train pull into the station while we waited. Which I found interesting that there was a stop in Tomorrowland.

I did get a good shot of the Autopia Sign this time.

This time we had to snake into the "tower" area where they had some screen show some Autopia scenes.

We waited quiet a bit but we made it on the ride. And we got to ride on a different track, which is slightly different. So that was cool!

Andy went with Gwen this time. And they were off!

And I rode with Morgan!

Morgan loved driving the car herself, yet again.

Andy did agree that Autopia was way more fun. The monorail didn't go by while we were on the ride. Boo.

It was time for our first fast pass of the trip! Woo Hoo! So, we headed over to finally ride the mountain!!!

And it was a good thing that we had the fast pass! The line was wrapping around the mountain! Guesing that is pretty normal but still.

We had to wonder around to find the fast pass line but we found it. There was a little bit of a line but it wasn't too bad. And soon we were seeing these signs.

And then we were on our own sled!

Gwen had asked if there was a yeti and I said that I didn't know....

Probably should of had her sit not in the front... oops.

We all liked it, well... not Gwen... She did NOT like the yeti's. But we were all just kind of meh on it. It reminded me of DW's Space Mountain in the sense that is was kind of rough. But it was fun for sure!

After our ride, I went on the app again to see what I could get for our next fast pass. I believe I grabbed one for us to do Big ThunderMountain after lunch. And we headed to our next ride!

But I am going to leave it here, as I have a bunch of photos for the next ride!

Where will we go next? I was ready to leave Tomorrowland!

I haven't gotten the updates either! :confused3

Sounds like a fun morning so far! ::yes:: We haven't been to DL in a few years but I remember the Matterhorn being pretty bumpy. We rode it at night tho, so that was cool. :thumbsup2

We also loved the Nemo Sub, very unique, but it was quite a wait and we were there early as well. I think we rode SM, then got in line for the sub.

Those macaroons sound tasty. I don't think I've ever had any.

Great update! :goodvibes

Those macaroons look amazing! Disney food in general has gotten WAY better than it was even 6 years ago.

I LOVE that bucket! Even if the Mickey decal worse off, that is the cutest thing!

I'm glad Andy got there finally, and it looks like he was raring to go! Glad you got a little different experience on Autopia.

I'm sorry the Matterhorn was a bit disappointing. I've heard its outdated, similarly to Space and BTMRR in WDW. I do love those rides, and I'll go on them, but man, they do a number on my back!

Can't wait to see what you guys do next!

Really cute!

And Morgan went with the red macaroon. The Red version was a raspberry rose cream with fresh raspberries.

This looks real yummy. I think it would have been my choice too.

And our Pomegranate Slushy.

I love slushies.

Mickey Popcorn Bucket!

This is really cute. Is that a strap so you can carry it like a bag?

Andy did agree that Autopia was way more fun.

Sounds like the girls enjoyed sharing this ride with Andy.

Probably should of had her sit not in the front... oops.

What was her reaction?

I haven't gotten the updates either! :confused3
I don't completely understand the notification system for these boards. I wish it would alert you when the author of the thread comments. But I guess that is really only good for Trip Reports more than some of the other threads.

This is really cute. Is that a strap so you can carry it like a bag?
It is! And the strap comes off, so if you need to wash the bucket itself, you don't need to get the strap wet.

Sounds like the girls enjoyed sharing this ride with Andy.
They really did. And they were super excitied to have Andy with us again.

What was her reaction?
She did not like it. She got off and declare that she was NOT riding that again.

Envious!!
I think I saw your comments on facebook about Arianne looking for one for you, right after we got back. Of course, I barely had room for this on in our suitcase!

**Spoiler Alert** Us too.
Wise minds think alike ;)

So precious!

It reminded me of DW's Space Mountain in the sense that is was kind of rough.
I don't remember a ton about the Matterhorn, other than it being extremely rough! And I was suffering from minor vertigo my whole DL trip but was determined not to "waste" the trip so forced myself to experience everything... the Matterhorn did nothing to help my recovery :laughing:

Those Mickey macarons almost too cute to eat! I bet the fresh raspberries really made the red one stand out.

I've heard that the Matterhorn is really rough, but I feel like it's such a DL classic you can't skip it on your first trip!

This is adorable :) And both sound delicious!!! I don't think I have ever eaten a macaroon--how is this possible?!

This was our first Disney popcorn! Ha. The girls loved this bucket and sadly, we ended up wearing some of the Mickey face off of the bucket. :(
Jimmy is insane about popcorn, and I think we've only had it at Disney once, too!! Usually we are on the DDP and popcorn feels like a wasted credit to me, so we always end up with something bigger or more exciting! I figure there will come a day when they release a popcorn bucket that we absolutely must have, and THAT will be when he officially becomes addicted LOL

I've heard that the Matterhorn is really rough, but I feel like it's such a DL classic you can't skip it on your first trip!
Def need to ride it at least once.

This is adorable :) And both sound delicious!!! I don't think I have ever eaten a macaroon--how is this possible?!
Ummmm you NEED to put this on your list for next time! France pavillion in EPCOT!!!

I always think that Matterhorn is definitely rough, but better than WDW Space mountain! Easier to get in/out and you can see where you're about to go, so you can brace accordingly! But yeah, I don't ride it too often because it definitely chatters my teeth!

She did not like it. She got off and declare that she was NOT riding that again.

I don't blame her. As I'm reading both of your reports I can see more and more what individual people your daughter each are. Morgan seems so cautious and reserved but she loves thrill rides. Gwen is bubbly but doesn't like the thrills.

I always think that Matterhorn is definitely rough, but better than WDW Space mountain! Easier to get in/out and you can see where you're about to go, so you can brace accordingly! But yeah, I don't ride it too often because it definitely chatters my teeth!
Is it always a long line, wrapping around the Mountain?

As I'm reading both of your reports I can see more and more what individual people your daughter each are. Morgan seems so cautious and reserved but she loves thrill rides. Gwen is bubbly but doesn't like the thrills.
Yup! You nailed it!

Is it always a long line, wrapping around the Mountain?
So, it used to be that there were two lines, one on each side. The two different sides are slightly different, with the Tomorrowland side being a bit more intense than Fantasyland side (referring to the place you board); they figured more teens/adults would come from Tomorrowland and families would come from Fantasyland. Though I couldn't give a full comparison because I usually only ride it one time per day (too rough to ride each side back-to-back). So, previously they had two separate lines that both wrapped around the mountain, so sometimes we would send one person to each side to see which one was actually longer! Some time ago they finally combined the two lines into one. And it usually goes further around the mountain. Before FP I would normally say it would be fine even if it got further back, because it continually loaded, but now the standby wait can get long while they let in the FP riders. I don't think I've done it standby since they added FP though, so I'm not sure the actual wait when it wraps around! (They also have single rider, which I do if I don't have FP.)

Hopefully that makes sense? Yes, it does get a long line around the mountain, but it depends on how many FP for how long of a wait it will actually be!

Gwen was super excitied to have her matching set. The Rose Gold Macaroon was filled with strawberry compote and lemon verbena buttercream.
This is adorable! Love that you can eat one and take the other home. :-) Casey would so be all over that.

We sat outside and ate our snacks and Andy finally arrived! Once I knew Andy had gone through the turnstile, I jumped on the app and made our first MaxPass fastness!
I thought MaxPass was only for those staying at one of the Disneyland hotels. Have they expanded it to the partner hotels now?

Mickey Popcorn Bucket!
What an awesome popcorn bucket and a great keepsake.

Gwen had asked if there was a yeti and I said that I didn't know....
Too funny, Casey was looking over my shoulder and saw your Matterhorn picture and asked if it was Everest. I told her no and when she asked if there was a yeti I said no to. Then we pulled up a video :P I had no idea they had a yeti in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter