Fish Extender-PCC 5.0/Nov. 30, 2014-closed for new additions

Combined FE list - PCC & FB - has been posted.

If you're a luddite at heart, and can't figure out how to sort the list by whatever criteria you need, send me a PM.
If I post all the possible permutations, it would be too confusing.

Oops i see i didn't register for the FE i was totally convinced i did this already back in the day but obvious i didn't.....

If there is any change i could be still added i would love to but if not then it's my own dumb fault....

I also send a pm.

FYI - I added Yvet to FE list. I couldn't NOT add her.
If it's too late for anyone to add another person, ok. She's knows it's technically past our cut-off date.

when ... also up to the individual. Some deliver gifts right away. Some on the last day. Some do a few each day, instead of all at once.
Me - I deliver FEs when I have free time and am not too tired....and usually per cabin, since my FE can usually be shared.

There are those people who are registered through Dreams and are part of the Podcast Cruise 5.0, and there are quite a few other DISers who just happened to be cruising on this sailing, but not as part of 5.0.

Jennifer devised the Fish Extender lists so that people could choose to be exclusive to one group or the other, or participate in both.
And- she has even further divided those groups into smaller, more manageable subsets of themselves to make it easier on people- from making or buying gifts, packing them and spending the time to deliver them as well.
The lists are posted HERE.

The FB or non-DU group are on the cruise, but not part of PCC5.0.
The PCC 5.0 group separate.

Personally- I am doing both subgroups of the PCC 5.0 people. That group size if OK with me (not too, too big) and the gifts won't weigh my suitcases down too much.

Does that help?

Very Clear now. I want to be a part of all of the 5.0 peeps..

thanks,

T;)

This is my first cruise doing a FE activity, and I wanted to know what are the the gifts usually ? I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to buy. Also is there any gifts that are off limits?

Dr D

Also how do I update my cabin. I was able to take advantage of the DVC upgrade :)
My new cabin # is 6020

I'll update your cabin #.

I've gotten reusable tote bags, candy, chocolate, hot cocoa 'decorations', CDs of tropical or Disney music, pens, pencils, coasters, ornaments ....
I avoid alcohol, since kiddos can get into it.
Don't spend too much, is the only 'limit'.

This is my first cruise doing a FE activity, and I wanted to know what are the the gifts usually ? I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to buy. Also is there any gifts that are off limits?

Dr D

Also how do I update my cabin. I was able to take advantage of the DVC upgrade :)
My new cabin # is 6020

I'll update your cabin #.

I've gotten reusable tote bags, candy, chocolate, hot cocoa 'decorations', CDs of tropical or Disney music, pens, pencils, coasters, ornaments ....
I avoid alcohol, since kiddos can get into it.
Don't spend too much, is the only 'limit'.

Thanks for the ideas ! Also can you make a note that it will be our 2nd Honeymoon (The first being on the Magic 13 years ago :love: )

Dr D

My new cabin # is 6020

What is the DVC upgrade?

In other FE gift exchanges we have received pens, notepads, keyrings, candy, small bottles of liquor, magnet boards, lanyards, pins. My favorite FE gift so far was a reusable mug that had our names printed on it and a logo of the cruise ship with Halloween decorations. The person that made it had a vinyl sticker cutter. I still take it to work with me all the time!

How do we let the rest of the FE group know if there is a change in cabin number, especially if it happens after arrival at port?:confused:
Brenda

I'm going to put some sort of message board or notepaper on my door [6647] for folks that have last minute changes [depends on what there is at dollar store :)]

I'll also check this thread up until the morning of the cruise, tho' most folks will print off their FE list well before then.

I apologize to the cabin I may have missed in group B. I thought I had all of my gifts labeled well, but I came up with two gifts that, when I went to deliver them, did not have a FE outside the door, so I was pretty sure I had the wrong cabin numbers. I hadn't matched people and cabin numbers, I just labeled the gifts with cabin numbers. Live and learn.:mad:
BTW...thanks for the great gifts.

Thanks everyone for the great Fish Extender gifts!!

I had fun delivering ours and coming back to our room to find new goodies!!!

I also loved explaining the FE concept to people who asked. I even overheard 2 Cast Members discussing them! One woman was explaining that we all exchange little gifts and put them in the pockets at other people's rooms. She even used all the correct terminology! :-)

My most interesting moment this time was when the power in the whole ship went out and I was standing alone in a TOTALLY dark hallway trying to deliver FE gifts. For an instant, I couldn't even remember what deck I was on! I just froze and held on to the handrail and waited!!!

I'd like to add my thanks, too. I really like my gifts, and am using them already.

Thank you for organizing this, Jennifer. It was a lot of fun, and you did a lot to keep us organized. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!