Fishing in The World

RHONDALEE

<font color=blue>Sure, you can laugh. You weren't
OK - I'm asking the experts here on the DIS - Has anyone taken a "Fishing Excursion?" I'm going to WDW in Dec. with 2 sisters and a brother-in-law and he loves fishing - so I was wondering where they take you, what kind of fish do you catch and release?????? I'm going to call and make a PS, but I wanted to hear what someone who's been there, done that had to say about it.

Thanks in advance

Rhonda

Sending a link to this question up the line, Rhondalee. And make sure to try and get to the next Chicago meet. Check the meet board. :wave:

Dan

OK Dan - you are talking to a totally NON computer person here. What does "Sending a link to this question up the line" mean??????
I have thought about going to one of the DIS meets and Chicago Ridge Mall isn't that far from my house so that would have been a good one to go too, unfortunately the meets are usually on Sat. and I work a part time job 2 evenings a week and from 8-4:30 on Saturdays. When I go on vacation I take 2 or 3 Sat. in a row off, so I try not to take any other Sat. off. Maybe one day it will be on a Sunday and I'll be able to make it.

"Up the line" means that Dan sent a message to me to try and help!! :).

There is a great page for this information, created by our own scottwdw. The link to it can be found here.

Basically, there are a few places in WDW to fish at. Guided tours are located at the Seven Seas Lagoon (MK - Grand Floridian), World Showcase Lagoon (Epcot/MGM - leaves from the Epcot Resort Hotels), and the lagoon at Downtown Disney (Port Orleans - Riverside / Downtown Disney). You can also fish from the shore at Ft. Wilderness.

You will catch mostly largemouth bass, but once in a while you will catch a bluegill. Fish can be anywhere from 1 lb. up to 11 or 12 pounds, although most are in the 2-4 lb. range. All fish are "Catch & release". The excursions very in price, and last 2 hours, although some can go as long as threee hours.

Give WDW a call for more details. Call them directly at 407-WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529)

Hope that helps!!!!!

Just wanted to let you know that we did the kids fishing trip, and it was wonderful! Our two boys were the only children and we had two WDW 'fishing instructors'. The boys caught sun fish and blue gills near Wilderness Lodge and the Contempory Resort. It was very special and the boys had a hook in the water at all times. They caught over 30 fish! As soon as a fish was on the line a new pole was ready to go before the first fish was off the line. A real Hollywood style fishing trip. The downside is they now expect all fishing trips to be like their Disney Fishing trip!

Figaro

We've taken the early excursion the last two years form the Boardwalk. That trips gets to fish in the World Showcase Lagoon. Both years we have had a great time and caught a ton of fish. There is a link in my sig that will show you the pictures from this years excursion. I caught the big fish at 3 1/2lbs.

How is the Ole' Fishing Hole at Port Orleans Riverside? I don't have the time to do a whole fishing excursion, but hope to catch a half hour here with my son(s). Anyone had any experience with this?

Originally posted by RHONDALEE
OK Dan - you are talking to a totally NON computer person here. What does "Sending a link to this question up the line" mean??????
I have thought about going to one of the DIS meets and Chicago Ridge Mall isn't that far from my house so that would have been a good one to go too, unfortunately the meets are usually on Sat. and I work a part time job 2 evenings a week and from 8-4:30 on Saturdays. When I go on vacation I take 2 or 3 Sat. in a row off, so I try not to take any other Sat. off. Maybe one day it will be on a Sunday and I'll be able to make it.
Glad you got some great info here, Rhondalee. And thanks for jumping in, Bri, from 'up the line'. :teeth:

Check the meet board for the October meet, I bet you will be able to go, maybe to the second part. Would love to see you.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter