Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

We bought our flex passes in November, and when we went at that time, at least 2 of the days we went were good to go dates, so it worked out fine. Now we're planning a summer trip, where all the days require reservations. I'm just now realizing that only being able to have 2 reservations at at time is a BIG downside. We like to go 3 or 4 days. We have flights scheduled as such. What's the chances of not getting a reservation for the other days of our trip if we have to wait til we use the first day to make another reservation, and so on?
Nobody knows. Anybody who tells you they do, is kidding themselves. They may not even be open by Summer, or they may be open but restricting the # of people allowed into park. Bottom line is that nobody knows what will be.

Ok, but no matter when we go...my question remains...what's the chances of not getting a reservation for day 3 and 4 of our trip? I wish the FP allowed 3 reservations, that would at least settle my issue. I realize it's just not how it works, but a girl can dream. LOL.

Ok, but no matter when we go...my question remains...what's the chances of not getting a reservation for day 3 and 4 of our trip? I wish the FP allowed 3 reservations, that would at least settle my issue. I realize it's just not how it works, but a girl can dream. LOL.

Last summer, it would’ve been easy during the week to get a third day, and even Saturdays didn’t sell out until the fall. We never had any issues. This summer all bets are off because if they do open the parks, there may be a rush of people. Or it may be slow because people are not traveling due to economic concerns and people may be worried about being in large crowds. Plus you have more people upgrading to the Flex passes this summer, and Rise of the Resistance. So we can’t really give you odds at this point. But I definitely think you have a valid concern.

I’m sure they will extend the flex passes as well.... ours expire June 27. Given the current economic situation, I don’t think we’ll be dropping over $2000 to renew. I’m not going to be happy if the parks don’t open until June 1 and we’ve lost almost 3 months of usage. I can’t see Disney doing that.

I really think the Flex pass works best for those of us that are local and go more on a whim than having things planned out, at least that has been the case previously, because we normally wouldn't want to go on days where all reservations are filled anyway as that is an indication of how busy the parks are.

Personally, I think it is highly likely that the parks will reopen by mid-April, but possibly as late as Mid-may, but I doubt it will go past that, simply put the economy can't handle all So Cal theme parks being closed that long. That being said, when they do reopen, it will likely be with heavily modified operations (which will probably last a year or two) and dramatically reduced capacity, so how that will work with the flex passes and reservations is anyone's guess. Which is why I am snagging the reservations now and if the parks don't reopen or I change my mind, I will cancel and make new reservations as they become available. I only mention this to give the heads up as it relates specifically to what might happen with the flex passes, there are other sources that talk about what these potential changes might look like.

Last edited:
I’m sure they will extend the flex passes as well.... ours expire June 27. Given the current economic situation, I don’t think we’ll be dropping over $2000 to renew. I’m not going to be happy if the parks don’t open until June 1 and we’ve lost almost 3 months of usage. I can’t see Disney doing that.
Disney has already said that all passes that had valid admission days during the closure would be extended accordingly. They will not be extending passes that had only completely blocked out dates during the closure, as those passes couldn't have been used anyway.

Has anyone's extension date of their Flex Pass changed yet? I'm hearing some people say that their expiration date has already changed, but I haven't heard what type of pass. Our Flex passes expire 8/14 and haven't changed. Just curious. :-)
My Flex exp on Nov 5 and my date hasn’t changed. Of course I also did not receive an email. I had to go look for the announcement cause I saw people talking about it.

Disney just sent an email yesterday saying that the expiration dates may not be updated until after the parks reopen, but they will be extended.

On another note Disney has canceled our April reservations and none are available for theonth, no real surprise there, but we can pretty much know that Disney will not be reopening this month.

Are reservations available in May? I missed booking may 9-10, or was it never open?

Anyone in this situation? We bought our flex passes in November with our first trip planned for this week. Obviously, that trip isn't happening, so we are holding onto inactivated passes. They say they expire Nov. (a year from purchase date)
If we dont activate them within a year after purchase what happens to them? I emailed Disney, but they said they are only responding by phone during this time. We live in Canada, and I really don't want to wait on hold and rack up a huge long distance phone bill. Hoping someone else is in the same situation and knows if passes will be extended even if not activated.

Anyone in this situation? We bought our flex passes in November with our first trip planned for this week. Obviously, that trip isn't happening, so we are holding onto inactivated passes. They say they expire Nov. (a year from purchase date)
If we dont activate them within a year after purchase what happens to them? I emailed Disney, but they said they are only responding by phone during this time. We live in Canada, and I really don't want to wait on hold and rack up a huge long distance phone bill. Hoping someone else is in the same situation and knows if passes will be extended even if not activated.

You don't lose the value of unactivated APs so just make sure to keep copies of the confirmation email/ticket numbers (in case they disappear off of the Disneyland app after they expire)

as above, it will become a $649 (?is that the flex price now?) gift card, basically.

But will it be a $649 credit? I'm thinking they'll only credit $599, which was the price in November.

Ah okay.... it would be $599 then, the rules (even laws, I think) are that the buyer would never get less than what was actually paid. So I think OP has to weigh coming in November on a trip and activating the passes then ($50 advantage, since they paid $599 and pass is worth $649), or just coming whenever they want next time and apply $599 against the current pass price, but at least they'd have a later expiration date.

Just depends on their travel plans/pattern!

Ah okay.... it would be $599 then, the rules (even laws, I think) are that the buyer would never get less than what was actually paid. So I think OP has to weigh coming in November on a trip and activating the passes then ($50 advantage, since they paid $599 and pass is worth $649), or just coming whenever they want next time and apply $599 against the current pass price, but at least they'd have a later expiration date.

Just depends on their travel plans/pattern!
Thanks for your reply. We do have a trip booked for August and another for November, but trying to wrap my head around what to do if the park isn't open for either of those trips. Fingers crossed at least 1 of those will happen!!

Hi all! I am so sorry if this is a repeat, but I was unable to find the answer anywhere. I am wondering if anyone knows what time the reservations open for the Flex pass? I know it is 30 days out, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what time they happen. I was trying to book some for a May trip (which I completely understand may not happen, but trying to plan just in case). I tried at midnight, then again when I got up in the middle of the night, and the reservation system wasn't open yet. Then when I tried this morning, all the reservations were taken for the date I was looking at (it is our arrival day and we won't get there until the evening so not a huge deal). But I'd like to make sure I can get a reservation for the full days!

Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your awesome information. This forum is just the greatest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!