Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

Thank you so much for this information! Do you know or did you ask if there will be any partial refund for the maxpass add on portion?
That is unlikely. I also don't think there will be a partial refund for parking add ons.
Those are great questions to ask. I'll call again partly to confirm if the info the CM gave me earlier today is what other CMs are instructed to give and to ask about partial refunds for MaxPass & parking add-ons. Any other questions I should ask?

Those are great questions to ask. I'll call again partly to confirm if the info the CM gave me earlier today is what other CMs are instructed to give and to ask about partial refunds for MaxPass & parking add-ons. Any other questions I should ask?
Thank you for following through with this and updating us on this information! Could you post anything you find out on the DLR Closure Superthread, too? TIA!

Parking addons? I thought they stopped that years ago?

Anyone in this situation? We bought our flex passes in November with our first trip planned for this week. Obviously, that trip isn't happening, so we are holding onto inactivated passes. They say they expire Nov. (a year from purchase date)
If we dont activate them within a year after purchase what happens to them? I emailed Disney, but they said they are only responding by phone during this time. We live in Canada, and I really don't want to wait on hold and rack up a huge long distance phone bill. Hoping someone else is in the same situation and knows if passes will be extended even if not activated.

I'm in the same boat, I bought mine in May 2019 but haven't activated them yet. I called a few months ago and was told that they do not expire and the year starts the day that you activate the pass. I've called multiple times on this actually and was encouraged to activate it as soon as possible, this was before the closure but like I said, they do not expire. Park tickets do not expire either I do believe.

I have tried to make a reservation for DL each of the last 3 days, right at 7am, and there has been no availability. I guess this is their way of saying they will be closed. But they are still allowing dining reservations? I find this frustrating. If they know they will be closed in June, then announce that please. Then I can just go ahead and cancel my GCH reservation for June and get my deposit back (which is likely why they are not officially announcing that they will be closed in June). But I find it frustrating, because if they actually plan to be open in early June or "may" be open in early June, then they have blocked out all FP holders without even a chance to book a reservation. If they can just do that whenever they like, it devalues the pass, since they are essentially advertising it as "reservations required" date when it is really a "blocked" date. That devalues the pass to me, since it means there are more hard block out days that were advertised when I bought the pass in October. If the are NOT sure if they will or will not be open for June, why not let FP book reservations and then just automatically cancel them if the parks don't open by then (just as they did in April)?

Has anyone been able to reserve a day in June yet? Reading my posts above, you will see that I have not been able to!!

Thanks for those replies. I guess they are just blocking it all out right now. Time to cancel my GCH reservation for 5/31, I suppose... I feel like I should wait to see if they offer me a re-booking discount again, however.

I also have been checking at 7AM and haven't seen any availability. I also checked for dining reservations but it doesn't look like you can make reservations right now.

I just spoke with a lovely representative on the annual pass holder line. no real wait by the way.

I am just confirming what others have posted, the 2 options are not contacting them and they’ll just tack on the number of days the park was closed to the end of your expiration date.
The other option is to request a partial refund. They’ll process your request now, but can’t actually calculate he refund until the Park reopens. They will calculate the refund using the dates between March 15 and the re-opening day. They don’t cancel the remaining time on your pass.

Again, very nice lady on the phone. Glad I called!

So DH and I purchased a flex pass online in December , and I ended up using (only) mine for the first time in January. While my husband was there with me to get my physical pass on my first visit, he did not activate his because he was using a one time entrance pass that was due to expire. The employee told us it’s fine and told us when he’s ready to activate his AP, to show them a ticket she produced and that would be when his AP would activate. Now as I look at the Disney app, his and my AP have the same expiration date in Dec 2020 . How can that be since his hasn’t been activated ? Does the AP has to be activated within a certain amount of time?

So DH and I purchased a flex pass online in December , and I ended up using (only) mine for the first time in January. While my husband was there with me to get my physical pass on my first visit, he did not activate his because he was using a one time entrance pass that was due to expire. The employee told us it’s fine and told us when he’s ready to activate his AP, to show them a ticket she produced and that would be when his AP would activate. Now as I look at the Disney app, his and my AP have the same expiration date in Dec 2020 . How can that be since his hasn’t been activated ? Does the AP has to be activated within a certain amount of time?

If I recall they will show a 1 year expiration date from when it is purchased and then that will automatically update to 1 year from the very first time it is scanned into a park... I have no idea what happens though if you don’t end up scanning into the park at least once before 1 year from your purchase date...

If I recall they will show a 1 year expiration date from when it is purchased and then that will automatically update to 1 year from the very first time it is scanned into a park... I have no idea what happens though if you don’t end up scanning into the park at least once before 1 year from your purchase date...
We needed to go to guest services right at the entrance of the park they were able to adjust our passes to first date of entry. It didn’t happen automatically for us

We needed to go to guest services right at the entrance of the park they were able to adjust our passes to first date of entry. It didn’t happen automatically for us

Same here. After activating the pass, we had to go to the ticket booths to get the passes set to the date of activation/entry, rather than the date of purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!