Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

So how can anyone decide if they want a refund if they don't know how much it is? We have to pass it to find out what is in it?
My guess to estimate your refund is to take how much you paid for it divide by how many days it is good to get a per day amount. Then figure the amount of days your bass was good between the days Disneyland closed and the expiration of the pass.

My guess to estimate your refund is to take how much you paid for it divide by how many days it is good to get a per day amount. Then figure the amount of days your bass was good between the days Disneyland closed and the expiration of the pass.
Can anyone verify this? How can Disney ask you to make a decision if they won't give us any information?

We bought 5 day passes knowing we were going to get Flex passes. Then we had to pay just over $200 for our passes. If they give us the money back for each day it was good for the next 10 months they would owe us they would end up refunding us $450-$500.

Does anybody know (or can guess) if the refund would be just the money for the AP or, if you have bought it, the AP including the MaxPass?

Does anybody know (or can guess) if the refund would be just the money for the AP or, if you have bought it, the AP including the MaxPass?

I was told by 3 separate representatives when I called in asking about options that the maxpass portion would be included in the refund... even though I couldn't get a straightforward clear answer on exactly how the refunds would be calculated or when they would go out (besides sometime *after* official park opening... not just announcement) they all seemed very confident that the maxpass would be included in the refund which seemed reassuring... but honestly I'm not entirely confident of anything at this point myself considering there's zero reason not to refund APs that have already expired makes me nervous....

I was told by 3 separate representatives when I called in asking about options that the maxpass portion would be included in the refund... even though I couldn't get a straightforward clear answer on exactly how the refunds would be calculated or when they would go out (besides sometime *after* official park opening... not just announcement) they all seemed very confident that the maxpass would be included in the refund which seemed reassuring... but honestly I'm not entirely confident of anything at this point myself considering there's zero reason not to refund APs that have already expired makes me nervous....
I completely agree with you about refunds on passes that have already expired. Ours expire tomorrow and we also have Maxpass...

My bf just called them to choose the option to extend our passes, and the rep told him they aren't doing that anymore. Is this happening to anyone else?

I thought it was strange too. I'll call this time and hopefully I'll get a different cast member. Thank you!

Please update us. We didn’t receive any notifications regarding this. I was planning on calling today but I’ve run out of time, so I’ll call on Monday. Or are they open on the weekends?

Please update us. We didn’t receive any notifications regarding this. I was planning on calling today but I’ve run out of time, so I’ll call on Monday. Or are they open on the weekends?
So I did speak with a different cast member this time, and she also said they've recently stopped doing the extension on the APs. She said once the parks reopens, we will have the chance to renew at the ticket booth and any grandfathered benefits will also be restored if you have them. I guess I gotta wait then 🤷🏽‍♂️

So I did speak with a different cast member this time, and she also said they've recently stopped doing the extension on the APs. She said once the parks reopens, we will have the chance to renew at the ticket booth and any grandfathered benefits will also be restored if you have them. I guess I gotta wait then 🤷🏽‍♂️
So if we paid for 12 months but let’s say we only got 10 before they closed and we didn’t request a refund since we assumed we’d get the extension, we’re out of luck?

So if we paid for 12 months but let’s say we only got 10 before they closed and we didn’t request a refund since we assumed we’d get the extension, we’re out of luck?
So I'm not in that situation, but I think if you've paid in full, you will automatically get an extension, no action on your part unless you would rather get a refund (I'm not in this situation, so you might want to confirm with a CM over the phone).

However, for those on the monthly payment plan (which is my situation), the automatic option is the refund and no extension. There was the option for those on the monthly plan to get an extension instead of the refund by calling them, but seems after speaking with two different CMs today, this is no longer the case, we would need to renew our APs when the parks open. As long as I can renew, I'll be fine.

If anyone is hearing anything different, please let us know.

I don’t see how they could possibly do that with the passes that were paid in full...

According to what Disney has published on their website and app, for APs that were paid in full, an extension of whatever unblocked days were valid for the pass in question will be applied automatically. So, in your case, if you had 2 full months of unblocked days left on your pass after the closure, you will have those 2 full months applied as an extension after the reopening -- plus any additional days, if DLR does what WDW did, e.g. 30 additional days extension. If you had some blocked days in those 2 remaining months, you won't get those added to your extension.
See this article, which is posted above (post #1587):
https://insidethemagic.net/2020/09/...ail&utm_term=0_a98380eccc-d48812192d-96199085

If you paid in full for your AP, the extension is automatic. You did not need to call unless you wanted a partial refund and to keep your original expiration date.

If you were on the monthly payment plan and you wanted the extension, you did have to call to request it. If you did, your payments were just postponed, not waived, and would continue as normal until paid in full once the parks reopened. If you did not, your expiration would remain the same and you would not owe for those months of closure.

I'm deeply disturbed by this information you're getting (and it's the first I've heard anyone be told that across a few social media platforms) because it is exactly the opposite of what's online. It still shows this option is allowed and there is no end date.

Screen shot attached along with relevant page. Scroll down and click on "Annual Passholders". I know you've already called, but I would call again and emphasize this is what the website currently states as an option and does not say this option has ended.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter