Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

... I'm deeply disturbed by this information you're getting (and it's the first I've heard anyone be told that across a few social media platforms) because it is exactly the opposite of what's online. It still shows this option is allowed and there is no end date.

Screen shot attached along with relevant page. Scroll down and click on "Annual Passholders". I know you've already called, but I would call again and emphasize this is what the website currently states as an option and does not say this option has ended.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/
View attachment 526881
Agree. This new information is unsettling, to say the least, and could affect many passholders who will be caught off guard. It's just weird that Inside the Magic's information (published 9/14/20) agrees with DLR's website and app -- which is what we'd expect since the information came from CMs -- and now this switcharoo comes out of nowhere? Hmmm....

Agree. This new information is unsettling, to say the least, and could affect many passholders who will be caught off guard. It's just weird that Inside the Magic's information (published 9/14/20) agrees with DLR's website and app -- which is what we'd expect since the information came from CMs -- and now this switcharoo comes out of nowhere? Hmmm....

I tried doing this at the beginning of August. The option was still available when I called. I was unable to do it over the phone when I called because they wanted to re-charge my card the payment that had been refunded. That card number had changed due to fraud so they couldn’t use it. I was sitting on the beach watching my kid surf and didn’t want to walk all the way back to my car to get my wallet so I decided I would call back later but never got around to it.

I am going to call tomorrow (are they open on Sundays?) or Monday to try to extend our passes. I’ll ask to speak to a manager if the CM I get says the policy has changed. We haven’t received any further communication from Disney and their website and app still reflects the policy, so they should honor it.

I tried doing this at the beginning of August. The option was still available when I called. I was unable to do it over the phone when I called because they wanted to re-charge my card the payment that had been refunded. That card number had changed due to fraud so they couldn’t use it. I was sitting on the beach watching my kid surf and didn’t want to walk all the way back to my car to get my wallet so I decided I would call back later but never got around to it.

I am going to call tomorrow (are they open on Sundays?) or Monday to try to extend our passes. I’ll ask to speak to a manager if the CM I get says the policy has changed. We haven’t received any further communication from Disney and their website and app still reflects the policy, so they should honor it.
Please keep us posted. It's weird, because not only is the policy still reflected on their website, when you call, the recording before being put on hold for a CM also talked about the two options.

The expiration date on my Flexpass was off by 2 months so it disappeared from the DL App. I called the AP line yesterday (it is open at 7 pacific time on the weekends) and the CM verified the actual date of 10/30 and sent an email to the department doing the adjusting and said they were backed up and would get to me but not to expect anything too soon. She also offered me a refund but I said I would prefer to have my Flexpass extended.

I got a call from the other department today saying my expiration date was adjusted to the correct date and that when they know the park is reopening they will adjust and extend dates based on the type of pass.

The expiration date on my Flexpass was off by 2 months so it disappeared from the DL App. I called the AP line yesterday (it is open at 7 pacific time on the weekends) and the CM verified the actual date of 10/30 and sent an email to the department doing the adjusting and said they were backed up and would get to me but not to expect anything too soon. She also offered me a refund but I said I would prefer to have my Flexpass extended.

I got a call from the other department today saying my expiration date was adjusted to the correct date and that when they know the park is reopening they will adjust and extend dates based on the type of pass.
This makes it sound like what the PP was told, by two different CMs no less, was incorrect. You were given the standard information that has been in place for months now. Hope your issue gets completely resolved without any trouble!

Nice! I'm gonna have to call again tomorrow. Are you paid in full or on a payment plan?

julesann said:
From the Speculation Superthread:
AuntieMe3 said:
Hubby and I called Friday evening to ask about refunds on DD and my Sig plus APs. :guilty: Since he purchased them for us on the payment plan(of course we paid them off right before the parks closed...lol), they needed to speak with him so I had him leave it on speaker so I could hear what they said. The CM he spoke with said they weren't doing anything regarding APs until they have an opening date. Once they have a date, AP holders will receive an email or something would be posted on the app or website with information about your options and it would need to be decided before the parked opened.
So it sounds like maybe the difference in what CMs are saying might have to do with whether APs are paid in full or on the payment plan? So far we have two posts from APs on the payment plan who were told that Disney is no longer offering the choice of extension or partial refund until the parks have a new reopening date. And we have one poster who is paid in full who was offered that choice up front over the phone. Anyone else have something to report?

So it sounds like maybe the difference in what CMs are saying might have to do with whether APs are paid in full or on the payment plan? So far we have two posts from APs on the payment plan who were told that Disney is no longer offering the choice of extension or partial refund until the parks have a new reopening date. And we have one poster who is paid in full who was offered that choice up front over the phone. Anyone else have something to report?
Certainly does seem like that's the case. I was gonna call a third time today, but maybe I should wait until an opening date is announced?

I have the Flex on a Payment Plan and we called at the beginning when our last payment wasn't take out. They gave us the option of getting a refund for the 2 months we didn't get to use and end our passes or get the remaining days of our pass when they re opened (I believe 58 days). They said the last payment will be taken out once the park re-opens. Our passes disappeared after a while so we called again and was told it will come back once the park re-opens but I worry that I won't be able to make a reservation when they start accepting them again.

Certainly does seem like that's the case. I was gonna call a third time today, but maybe I should wait until an opening date is announced?

I just got off the phone with DLR. First, I called the AP line listed on the website. I was told that, as of last week, the “system” that allows them to select that option had been “frozen”. She made a point to say that it doesn’t mean we can no longer select that option, just that we can’t do that at this time. I told her this is not what the website and the recording says, and asked if she could point me to where I can find this new policy. She said she is aware the website and recording are not accurate, and the monthly payment guest services handles these requests. She asked if I wanted their direct phone number to speak with them about it. I said yes.

Now for the good news, if you call their direct number, I believe you can still elect to have your due date extended. When the CM picked up the phone, I said I was on a monthly payment plan and asked if I could elect to have my due extended. She said she could take care of that for me and asked me to verify my address. The funny thing is, I had already requested an extension for our passes on June 24th. I remember calling to ask about the extension option, but not actually requesting it. They had my husband’s pass down for the extension option, but for some reason not myself or our daughter’s. So she fixed it so all 3 of our passes will be extended. She said our passes should reappear as soon as a reopening date is announced.

So try calling the monthly payments guest services line directly: 1-800-410-4656. Let me know how it works out!!

I just got off the phone with DLR. First, I called the AP line listed on the website. I was told that, as of last week, the “system” that allows them to select that option had been “frozen”. She made a point to say that it doesn’t mean we can no longer select that option, just that we can’t do that at this time. I told her this is not what the website and the recording says, and asked if she could point me to where I can find this new policy. She said she is aware the website and recording are not accurate, and the monthly payment guest services handles these requests. She asked if I wanted their direct phone number to speak with them about it. I said yes.

Now for the good news, if you call their direct number, I believe you can still elect to have your due date extended. When the CM picked up the phone, I said I was on a monthly payment plan and asked if I could elect to have my due extended. She said she could take care of that for me and asked me to verify my address. The funny thing is, I had already requested an extension for our passes on June 24th. I remember calling to ask about the extension option, but not actually requesting it. They had my husband’s pass down for the extension option, but for some reason not myself or our daughter’s. So she fixed it so all 3 of our passes will be extended. She said our passes should reappear as soon as a reopening date is announced.

So try calling the monthly payments guest services line directly: 1-800-410-4656. Let me know how it works out!!
That number works!! I didn't have time, so bf called and he said it was so easy and they gave the extension! Thank you!!

Thank you for reporting back! This is very helpful! Glad things got worked out for you.

Does anyone know if your AP expires during this time will we still get notifications via email about any updates? Or do they only send out AP updates and information to currently active APs?

Does anyone know if your AP expires during this time will we still get notifications via email about any updates? Or do they only send out AP updates and information to currently active APs?
Regardless of the answer, keep up with this board (the Official Reopening Superthread, the Speculation Superthread, and this Superthread) so that you know what's going on with APs when anything gets announced. The updates are being posted as they are released. Other APs have posted that they are not receiving the emails for whatever reason, but they are getting their information on the DIS.

I had APs, paid in full, for which I cancelled the remaining validity by the August (?) deadline and I saved the confirmation emails for the cancellation. I was told I would get the refund in September. No refund yet to the CC which was the original form of payment. Has anyone else gotten their refund? Not looking forward to yet another hour on hold to find out I just need to be patient.

I had APs, paid in full, for which I cancelled the remaining validity by the August (?) deadline and I saved the confirmation emails for the cancellation. I was told I would get the refund in September. No refund yet to the CC which was the original form of payment. Has anyone else gotten their refund? Not looking forward to yet another hour on hold to find out I just need to be patient.

This thread is on the DLR side of things. What you're talking about seems to be WDW since we have not gotten any official information from DLR if cancellation will even be an option (currently only extension or keep original expiration date are the official options) or exactly when refunds are expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!