Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

I had APs, paid in full, for which I cancelled the remaining validity by the August (?) deadline and I saved the confirmation emails for the cancellation. I was told I would get the refund in September. No refund yet to the CC which was the original form of payment. Has anyone else gotten their refund? Not looking forward to yet another hour on hold to find out I just need to be patient.
Did you have Flex Passes for DLR? As the pp said, this is the superthread for DLR Flex Passes. There has been no official announcement of any deadline or any refunds for ANY of the DLR annual passes as of this time.

Has anyone that has opted for a refund after first opting for the extension? I am thinking about just getting my money back at this point.

We initially requested an extension of our Flex Passes but are seriously considering changing it to a refund, especially now that we've switched our holiday trip to WDW. However, we do feel we will get fun use out of the Flex Pass in 2021 when Disneyland opens back up, so we're still on the fence and have kept extension for now. We don't have Annual Passes every year and 2020 was our year: son's graduation, work celebration trip, anniversary trip, son trip before he leaves for 2 years, etc. Of course none of that happened after our mid-January trip when our Flex AP started. The biggest downside to us (First World Problem, I know...) is we've lost trip windows that won't open up again in our schedules. And unless Disneyland now stays closed until mid-January (which it looks like it may, or longer) we'll miss October and December 2021 on the extension. Now I've switched our holiday trip I find myself secretly hoping DL is closed until mid-January 2021, so our extension takes us through October and into the Christmas season in 2021. I feel a bit guilty complaining about our First World Problem, but it has been a bummer. :)

We initially requested an extension of our Flex Passes but are seriously considering changing it to a refund, especially now that we've switched our holiday trip to WDW. However, we do feel we will get fun use out of the Flex Pass in 2021 when Disneyland opens back up, so we're still on the fence and have kept extension for now. We don't have Annual Passes every year and 2020 was our year: son's graduation, work celebration trip, anniversary trip, son trip before he leaves for 2 years, etc. Of course none of that happened after our mid-January trip when our Flex AP started. The biggest downside to us (First World Problem, I know...) is we've lost trip windows that won't open up again in our schedules. And unless Disneyland now stays closed until mid-January (which it looks like it may, or longer) we'll miss October and December 2021 on the extension. Now I've switched our holiday trip I find myself secretly hoping DL is closed until mid-January 2021, so our extension takes us through October and into the Christmas season in 2021. I feel a bit guilty complaining about our First World Problem, but it has been a bummer. :)
I hear you. This was my first year getting an AP, and I was supposed to take each of our 5 children for a an individual trip, but only one got to go. :-/ And I was SO SURE it would be open again for the holidays! If you got a refund instead, is there another cool trip you could put that money towards that would help make up the disappointment for your family?

We took the two youngest boys to San Diego in August instead and had a great time before one left for a while and the other went to college. We hung at the beach, went to the Zoo, stayed away from groups, the boys went paragliding at La Jolla, etc. It was a blast. We were going to take our oldest son and his family this month (and bought the parkhoppers for them in February). May refund those tickets and take them to Florida sometime. For now we're taking them to Park City for a weekend getaway. We are now empty nesters so my wife and I head to Disney World in November to get our Disney fix for now. Disney is certainly a luxury, and we'll probably just wait to enjoy it in 2021. To swing this back to the Flex Pass, it's hard to find 5-day blocks where Flex reservations are not needed and where all the family schedules work. I'm now concerned that even if it is "green" for Flex and we can go, there's no guarantee of getting the needed Park Reservation. Too many uncertainties driving me nuts. So, Florida first and then we'll see. ;) Such a bummer for the Anaheim business community/workers/etc. :(

So sorry your first year with an AP hasn't worked out--hopefully 2021 is good for your kids to go!

Do you have to sign up for this mailing list somewhere? I never seem to get any official emails...
That is not uncommon. (But if your AP already expired during this closure, that may be the reason why you didn't receive this email.) Check the settings on your online Disney account. You can call the number listed in the post above to make sure that they have your correct/accurate contact information. Even that may not correct the issue. That is why I post these updates on the boards -- it gives everyone a chance to get this information, whether or not they receive the emails.

That is not uncommon. (But if your AP already expired during this closure, that may be the reason why you didn't receive this email.) That is why I post these updates on the boards -- it gives everyone a chance to get this information, whether or not they receive the emails.
That might be why I didn't receive the email. I got several emails that I saw here on the boards prior to early September when my AP expired. Haven't seen any since. Thanks for the explanation - and for posting it. I'd rather get my news here anyways than delivered to my inbox.

I haven't received any email or a refund yet. I did request the refund about a month ago. my pass was to expirer 11/2.

I just noticed that my refund was posted a few days ago to the credit card I used to purchase my passes which expired in September. I got a standard prorate including the max pass portion for the closed days, so almost half what I paid was refunded.

I just noticed that my refund was posted a few days ago to the credit card I used to purchase my passes which expired in September. I got a standard prorate including the max pass portion for the closed days, so almost half what I paid was refunded.

Had you requested a refund? Curious if Disney is just refunding everyone to zero out any passes...

Thank you for posting this. Now people know to be looking for their refunds.

so maybe mine will show up in two months or so? they did say it could take up to 3 past the expiration date when I put in my request. A month early would be nice.

And today I got an email:
Dear Valued Annual Passholder,

Thank you for your patience as we work through this unprecedented time. Your request for a refund in lieu of extension of your Annual Passport expiration date has been processed, and we will issue a refund based on the number of access days that would have been available to you from March 14, 2020, the date that the Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks were completely closed, through your current Passport expiration date. If you had any add-on entitlements attached to your Passport – such as parking – applicable refunds for these entitlements will be included in the refund amount.

The refund has been processed by Disney but it can take approximately 7 to 10 business days to receive. This timeframe may vary from one financial institution to another. Please note that we will issue the refund to the original form of payment for the purchaser of the Passport.

If you have any questions, please contact Annual Passholder Member Services at (714) 781-7277. We do anticipate a heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

Thank you for being an important member of our Disneyland Resort Community.

Disneyland Resort Annual Passport Team

Has anyone called to get a cancellation/refund after their expiration date? My parents just tried doing this, and the CM told them they were locked into the extension since their passes were expired (expired Oct 29th). I encouraged my Mom to call back since different CMs can give you different results, but not sure if they are actually out of luck. They had paid in full for their flex passes and never called in about an extension or refund before today (but I know the extension is the default for paid in full).

Last edited:
Has anyone called to get a cancellation/refund after their expiration date? My parents just tried doing this, and the CM told them they were locked into the extension since their passes were expired (expired Oct 29th). I encouraged my Mom to call back since different CMs can give you different results, but not sure if they are actually out of luck. They had paid in full for their flex passes and never called in about an extension or refund before today (but I know the extension is the default for paid in full).

Fwiw, I finally chose the refund option a week before mine expired because every time I had called in (several times throughout this whenever there was an update or change) to get more information and find out what my options would be every person I spoke with said to be sure to make the request for refund before my passes expired if I was considering that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!