Flickr

I recently discovered a collection of stunning Disney pictures on Flickr. There are a lot of pictures, but if you do the slideshow it cycles through them pretty quickly. They make me wish I took better pictures.

I found this gallery because I am doing a digital photobook of our January vacation and wanted a few background photos. Unfortunately, most of these photos put my pictures to shame, though my pictures do have the advantage of having the three most beautiful women in the world (my wife and two daughters) in them.

I hope you get a chance to look through them. I learned a lot about making my photos better just by seeing how they set up their pictures.

Here is where to go: ----> ht tp://w ww.flickr.com/groups/bestofdisney/pool/

I've learned A LOT by just looking at the pictures of others. I remember thinking how my pics were great, until I started looking at the Disney pictures of others, right here on the boards. I quickly put myself in place, and realized that I really needed to think out the box a little.

And if you're already a part of Flickr, I'd suggest making everyone in that group a Contact. They constantly put out great work; and they're very cool people too. Some are frequent visitor to these boards, as well.

I just happened to be searching some recent shots of Epcot on Flickr and found one of my Flower and Garden shots from March 24 was taken by another user and uploaded today. What can I do? I messaged the user to tell him that it was my photo and I'm waiting for a response. Is there any way to make him take it down or am I stuck? Any help would be great.

Thanks!

If asking doesn't work, you can contact Flickr. If that doesn't work, your next option would be to sue both Flickr and the infringer. Technically, I don't think the word "stolen" applies here. I think the proper term is copyright infringement. I'm not a lawyer though.

If asking doesn't work, you can contact Flickr. If that doesn't work, your next option would be to sue both Flickr and the infringer. Technically, I don't think the word "stolen" applies here. I think the proper term is copyright infringement. I'm not a lawyer though.

Yeah, that would be the proper term but I though "stolen" would grab more attention. Seems that I have to go through Yahoo's copyright agent if the person won't take it down. Guess I'll have to start watermaking all my shots from now on...:sad2:

It is probably someone that just thought it was nice and wanted to keep a copy. In a way you can see it as flattery. Since there are no monetary damages involved, there is really not much that can be done. Sure, they might be forced to take it down, but that does not mean that they cannot just upload it again later. The only way to prevent this is to not upload your shots to the Internet. In this situation, I doubt a watermark would have stopped them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter