Flight craziness August 2018

Thanks everyone for your advice. We've decided to book direct with BA. I'm a real nervous flyer and the kids said they couldn't cope with me getting on and off more than one flight a day We got a deal with my sons friend and even though it wasn't the cheapest, it was somewhere in the price range we were happy to pay for the convenience of direct flights. I guess in the end it all comes down to what you're happy doing. Thanks again Now on to the next part of planning - The Dark Side

We're still struggling to find anything within our budget. We found August flights last year for £331 per person in direct, we doubt we'll find them that cheap again but we are hoping for around £500 xx

We're still struggling to find anything within our budget. We found August flights last year for £331 per person in direct, we doubt we'll find them that cheap again but we are hoping for around £500 xx
The last time we went was in 2013 and the prices for everything seem to have sky rocketed. I’m pleased at what we managed to get all the bits for altogether but it was hard work. I hope you have luck finding a flight that you’re happy with.

I had a great deal like that for last year too. I've booked a BA fly Drive from MAN to MIA via LHR for next August, £2029 for 2a 2c with a 7 seater mini van. I think it's worked out about £150 more than this year when I factor in an overnight in Miami which I'm happy with as we have a bigger car.

In the past I've always found the cheapest flights around Christmas/New Year when some airlines have sales on. We went this August and I booked the flights the previous January and paid £645 each with Virgin, direct going and changing at JFK on the return. I'd hold out for now if I were you, there are 100s of flights over the school summer holidays so you'll have lots to choose from.

We paid just over £550 each with Aer Lingus for 6th August flights going Heathrow-Dublin-MCO. I'd much rather do the connection in Dublin than in the USA, we did Atlanta last year and made the connecting flight by the skin of our teeth as immigration took so long to get through.

We paid just over £550 each with Aer Lingus for 6th August flights going Heathrow-Dublin-MCO. I'd much rather do the connection in Dublin than in the USA, we did Atlanta last year and made the connecting flight by the skin of our teeth as immigration took so long to get through.
We looked at that flight too. I wasn’t entirely comfortable with a connecting flight. Strangely enough, we’ve just been to London on the train and had to catch a connecting train in Birmingham. Our first train was delayed and we missed our connection. It was so stressful that we knew we had made the right decision and spent the extra to fly direct next year. It’s good that there is a choice of flights to suit everyone

We looked at that flight too. I wasn’t entirely comfortable with a connecting flight. Strangely enough, we’ve just been to London on the train and had to catch a connecting train in Birmingham. Our first train was delayed and we missed our connection. It was so stressful that we knew we had made the right decision and spent the extra to fly direct next year. It’s good that there is a choice of flights to suit everyone

If it was a connecting flight in the US then I wouldn’t have got it - one and a half hours between flights is not enough time without causing a LOT of stress!! We had the same amount of time in Atlanta and made the plane just as they were about to close the doors as immigration took so long to pass through

We originally booked directly with disney before flights were available. I ended up looking on Virgin for our flights a couple of days before flights were realised for our dates and managed to find the package about £1500 cheaper but I think it was just a lucky find. I cancelled my direct booking with Disney and booked it all with Virgin instead. Apparently flights get cheaper the closer you get but at that time of year it is a bit of a risk to take knowing it is school holidays.

It really does seem like a lottery and I am sorry I don't have anything of more value to add. xx

Apparently Norwegien are good though and that is what I was looking at prior to Virgin.

Lufthansa have some good reviews when I googled it. Apparently a quick layover in Germany can really drop how much you pay. Depends if you have kiddies or not. I wouldn't want a connection with 3-4 hour wait with kids but if not I would definitely consider it.

Apparently Norwegien are good though and that is what I was looking at prior to Virgin.

Lufthansa have some good reviews when I googled it. Apparently a quick layover in Germany can really drop how much you pay. Depends if you have kiddies or not. I wouldn't want a connection with 3-4 hour wait with kids but if not I would definitely consider it.

My daughter is 17 so she is fine with a stopover. We flew with Norwegian via Norway once and it was so annoying flying the wrong way a couple of hours to wait a couple of hours to fly back over Manchester!! Xx

Have you tried looking at Glasgow rather than getting to London to fly? I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if I am writing the same as others. But I have heard that it can be cheaper from Glasgow and that there are direct flights. Well it was Glasgow to New York so maybe different but it was cheaper. I am referring to a post on MSE website where they flew Glasgow to New York for a couple of hundred quid.

Also I found flying into Miami is cheaper. Not sure if you want to look at that.

Flights are what makes our trips unaffordable which completely breaks my heart.

If you are prepared to fly indirect then there are good savings to be made. We fly with Virgin and usually use our miles to upgrade but when we don't have enough then we'll fly from near European airports. We've used Dublin as a starter airport several times and bought a one way ticket on a budget airline to fly into Dublin. Next summer we've found a great deal flying via Amsterdam with Delta but direct into Manchester on the return with Virgin. Flying into New York can save a lot and then using Jet Blue to fly down to Orlando. Flights into Atlanta are also a good bet and use Soutwest to MCO.

Thomas Cook usually offers good prices too.

I've looked at a lot of flights from various UK airports into different airports in Florida, the best I found was Edinburgh to Miami via Heathrow 4th-25th Aug, the flights are with BA to London then Virgin to Miami, 3 adults + 1 child on a "Through" ticket, total came out at £1750 for economy so couldn't resist at that price for August. more travelling but its worth it to see the Mouse :)

Have you tried looking at Glasgow rather than getting to London to fly? I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if I am writing the same as others. But I have heard that it can be cheaper from Glasgow and that there are direct flights. Well it was Glasgow to New York so maybe different but it was cheaper. I am referring to a post on MSE website where they flew Glasgow to New York for a couple of hundred quid.

Also I found flying into Miami is cheaper. Not sure if you want to look at that.

Flights are what makes our trips unaffordable which completely breaks my heart.

I'll have a look now at Glasgow thank you x

I've looked at a lot of flights from various UK airports into different airports in Florida, the best I found was Edinburgh to Miami via Heathrow 4th-25th Aug, the flights are with BA to London then Virgin to Miami, 3 adults + 1 child on a "Through" ticket, total came out at £1750 for economy so couldn't resist at that price for August. more travelling but its worth it to see the Mouse :)

Thanks a great price, who did you book through please?x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts