Flight to Honolulu

dhop

Earning My Ears
We will be flying to Honolulu on January 25th from LAX on American airlines. I've never been on a flight that long and am just curious what they serve on a flight like that. Is it just snacks or so you actually get a meal?

We fly from the San Francisco area. As far as I know, only Hawaiian does complimentary meals now. They also do a complimentary Mai Tai on the way over. :) Most of the other airlines have food for purchase (check their website to see the menu).

Yes, American has food for purchase. We bought some on our flight from PIT to :AX and I thought it was actually quite good. the price was reasonable considering the prices for food in the airport to bring on the plane with you. We got a discount on the food because we have the American Airlines credit card. However, there is only a limited amount of food (as in not enough for everybody on the plane), so if you want something you will need to be quick about it.

We flew from newark to San Francisco and then San Fran to kona, hawaii. No snacks were offered. The first flight you even had to PAY for the in flight movies. Airline tickets are so expensive, the least they can do is show a free movie on a 6 hour flight. They are so greedy.

We are flying Delta from LAX to HNL... any experiences with them?
We just flew Delta roundtrip from LAX to HNL on our NYE trip to Aulani. The on-board entertainment is great and free... a variety of on-demand films/shows for adults and kids. Only snacks and beverages were offered...your standard peanuts, pretzels, coffee,and soft drinks. They do have meals for purchase like sandwiches, wraps, and burgers.

This is something that bugs me! We just flew home from Honolulu, my kids had non-stops to New York and Washington DC, and there was nothing but food/snacks for purchase on the 8+ hour flights. Meanwhile, on similar trips to Europe we were given dinner and breakfast (same airline).

I've done that flight on aa lots of times...food for purchase only. Type of food will depend on flight time, check aa website. We pack sandwiches & our own snacks for the flight, easy things, chips, veggies, etc. usually have leftovers, but better safe than sorry, especially with kids.

We do AA and they offer food for purchase on those flights. You can usually find the menus on their website.

We're flying United on Tuesday. We have a direct flight from Chicago to Honolulu. I'm hoping to pack some of those Hormel power packs, lunchables, and various snacks in the carryon.

Make sure to bring some food, especially if you are travelling with children. I have been on flights where the food for purchase was not available, or they have run out :(

We're flying United on Tuesday. We have a direct flight from Chicago to Honolulu. I'm hoping to pack some of those Hormel power packs, lunchables, and various snacks in the carryon.
We are also flying Chicago to Honolulu in May and I hadn't thought of those hormel power packs. That's a great idea - thanks for the tip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!