Flights were changed! Advice

Should I contact the airline?

Yes. First look at available flights to get an idea of what’s better for you, then call.

Another note since you are flying Delta.

It’s noy just delta. All of them (US based, at least) will do change flights at no extra cost if it’s about an hour or more.

I also wonder about luggage if that's enough time to transfer.

SW got my bags to the new plane with a half hour connection, so I assume delta can do it. And Sw doesn’t have bag tracking like DL does.

I travel Delta exclusively and log quite a few miles with them every year. I have a standard rule of thumb that I've learned the hard way - no layovers less than 60 minutes. I've had it happen too many times where I got delayed (even for things outside of Delta's control), and missed my connection. If it's a Delta hub (Atlanta or Salt Lake), I'm not quite as worried about it because there are many options, but when it's a non-delta airport, I prefer not to risk it. Then again, I have 'time anxiety', so I tend to give myself more leeway for that reason. As others here have mentioned, if Delta made the change, you'll be able to change flights. If there's another workable flight that provides a wider connection window, I'd take it. You won't be charged the change fee.

I travel Delta exclusively and log quite a few miles with them every year. I have a standard rule of thumb that I've learned the hard way - no layovers less than 60 minutes. I've had it happen too many times where I got delayed (even for things outside of Delta's control), and missed my connection. If it's a Delta hub (Atlanta or Salt Lake), I'm not quite as worried about it because there are many options, but when it's a non-delta airport, I prefer not to risk it. Then again, I have 'time anxiety', so I tend to give myself more leeway for that reason. As others here have mentioned, if Delta made the change, you'll be able to change flights. If there's another workable flight that provides a wider connection window, I'd take it. You won't be charged the change fee.
DTW is a Delta hub as well.

Thanks everyone I called last night. The lady was sort of nice... Unfortunately because of the size of the airport we are flying into there are only 2 flights in... The one we are on landing at 4:50 and one that lands at 9:15pm. They did not offer to switch us to the later one which is ok I really don't want to have to drive an hour home in the dark when we're all tired. However, if we miss our flight this will be our only chance if it's not filled. Planning this trip has been a little stressful but hopefully it will be worth it:earsboy:. She did move us up a few rows to hopefully get off quicker so there is some pixie dust!

Last edited:
DTW is pretty easy to transfer even if you have to go from A to C concourse. There won't be time for shopping or a meal but even with young kids you should have plenty of time to make your transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter