Florida (Atlantic Coast) winter family getaway... advice/ideas please!

Lvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I lucked out and got ridiculously cheap SW tickets to PBI for end of January for a mid-winter get away.

I need advice/recommendations on somewhere to stay!

Scenario:
Landing at PBI around noon; flight home isn't until 3:30 day of departure. Looked at other airports but nothing else that even comparable to my flight (I spent less than 13k RR points for 4 RT trip tickets...)
Renting a car
In-laws are driving from GA to join us for a few nights so...
Need a Villa/Rental with at least 2 Bed/2 Bath/Full kitchen
Close to/On the beach biggest preference (walking distance if not directly ON the beach)
Pool and fun things for the kids (4 and 8 at time of travel)
Willing to drive 2 hours from PBI (North preferable to make drive time reasonable for in-laws)
Budget friendly!!! We're trying to make this getaway reasonable since we're already planning a big trip in April/May

Places I looked at:
Obviously Disney VB: but they don't have any 2 bedrooms available (via cash rentals at least) and I want a full kitchen, so that rules out studios, and really, it's not that budget friendly!
Vistana Beach Club in Jensen Beach: I'm actually leaning towards this one, it just doesn't have everything I'm looking for (would love an indoor pool in case of poor weather)
Wyndham Ocean Walk in Daytona: This place actually seems perfect EXCEPT that it's 3 hours from the airport.... a little too far for us...

Any other places that you may recommend? TIA!!

There are a couple of Marriotts on Singer Island which we have stayed at several times. We had oceanfront 2bedroom units each time and loved them! All the restaurants and shopping of Palm Beach Gardens are only a 5- 10 minute drive away.

Hello!

Wyndham Ocean Walk in Daytona: This place actually seems perfect EXCEPT that it's 3 hours from the airport.... a little too far for us...

Daytona is an Armpit. Have stayed at Wyndham Ocean Walk many times for cheer competitions. Positives it has two small indoor pool. Negatives outside pools and lazy river are not heated. Are with rides also an armpit. I would not recommend Daytona. There ARE cheer competitions in Daytona in January.

See this pic of a cheer competition. That hotel behind the bandshell is Wyndham Ocean Walk. Other than the Ocean Walk area the rest of Daytona has a lot of undesirable qualities.

ncabeach.jpg

Last edited:
Daytona is an Armpit. Have stayed at Wyndham Ocean Walk many times for cheer competitions. Positives it has two small indoor pool. Negatives outside pools and lazy river are not heated. Are with rides also an armpit. I would not recommend Daytona. There ARE cheer competitions in Daytona in January.

See this pic of a cheer competition. That hotel behind the bandshell is Wyndham Ocean Walk. Other than the Ocean Walk area the rest of Daytona has a lot of undesirable qualities.

ncabeach.jpg

Whoah! Thanks for the visual! We may look into closer to Canaveral. Thanks!

Daytona is icky.

PBI is in south Florida. I know it’s further for your in laws, but there are lots of options around Palm Beach and south towards Miami. Delray Beach isn’t too far from PBI and is a nice beach town. Atlantic Avenue is the hotspot and has lots of restaurants and shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter