Florida resident annual passes while in the DCP

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me if you can get a Florida resident annual pass to Disney and Universal while in the DCP? I know that you get free admission to the Disney parks but I understand that before the closure, CMs were blocked out of Hollywood Studios because of Rise of the Resistance. I want to do the DCP next spring and I think I might consider getting an AP only if CMs are blocked out of HS because I'll probably be going again later in the year anyway and the Florida resident APs don't seem all that expensive... I'd also be interested in Universal and maybe even SeaWorld. But do you count as a Florida resident while you're in the DCP? TIA

To answer your question, you don't count as a Florida resident while on the DCP unless you have a Florida driver's license. Sorry but good luck on your DCP. It is an amazing experience and well worth it.

Can anyone tell me if you can get a Florida resident annual pass to Disney and Universal while in the DCP? I know that you get free admission to the Disney parks but I understand that before the closure, CMs were blocked out of Hollywood Studios because of Rise of the Resistance. I want to do the DCP next spring and I think I might consider getting an AP only if CMs are blocked out of HS because I'll probably be going again later in the year anyway and the Florida resident APs don't seem all that expensive... I'd also be interested in Universal and maybe even SeaWorld. But do you count as a Florida resident while you're in the DCP? TIA
You are not considered a FL resident while in the DCP. You can get an 'offsite' apartment and begin working towards residency but not sure how long that takes.

Hey there! The Disney resident pass is going to be an absolute no-go for the reasons that the previous posters have stated. Disney requires legitimate proof of Florida residency, which you will not have on your CP. Universal, however, will actually work with you! They're surprisingly flexible with CPs. If you bring your housing ID and itinerary to Universal Studios and ask at the ticket booth (be suuuuuper nice about it), they'll give you the option to buy a pass at the discounted Florida resident rate. I did this for my first CP in 2016 and a lot of people I knew did it this past Spring as well! Good luck next spring!

Hey there! The Disney resident pass is going to be an absolute no-go for the reasons that the previous posters have stated. Disney requires legitimate proof of Florida residency, which you will not have on your CP. Universal, however, will actually work with you! They're surprisingly flexible with CPs. If you bring your housing ID and itinerary to Universal Studios and ask at the ticket booth (be suuuuuper nice about it), they'll give you the option to buy a pass at the discounted Florida resident rate. I did this for my first CP in 2016 and a lot of people I knew did it this past Spring as well! Good luck next spring!
Great info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts