Florida toll toads

KCMA

Mouseketeer
we will be doing the drive from the GTA in September (90/79/77/95/4) route and I am very familiar with that route as far as Charlotte ... beyond that it’s been quite a while..

Can anyone update me on any toll roads from Charlotte to Florida and if they all have cash payment options or if some of them are electronic payment only

Thanks for any help!

I'm sure someone will correct me, but looking at my TripTik (no, really) I don't see any toll roads. I think I-95 in Georgia has some HOV lanes that you can use with a SunPass but having never had a SunPass I can neither confirm nor deny this.

There is no toll south of DC on the I-95 except the HOV /Express lanes, if you stick to the "normal" I-95 no tolls. The I-4 in Florida is not a toll road at all.

We drive that regularly. There are no toll roads south of Charlotte that you HAVE to take, but with the I-4 construction, you might want to consider bypassing around Orlando on the 417. You pick it up around Sanford, and it connects back up to the I-4 around Celebration (with a couple of other good Disney exits before as well). We have a SunPass transponder in both our cars, runs under $7 from start to the LBV exit (I-Drive). Cash tolls are probably closer to $10, there are manned pay stations for most plazas/exits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter