Flounders non-reservation?

Poohbush

DVC Member
We're cruising with our 17 1/2 month old in a few weeks. The grandparents are coming too, so we're really not interested in making a reservation for a set time.

My question is, will they let me bring her in to just play? I think I read somewhere that as long as a parent is there, we could sort of drop by for some play time.

I was just thinking in case she needed to burn off some extra energy, we could bring her in there to play with the toys. But I don't want to get in the staff's way. Is this acceptable?:confused:

There are set times that you can go in for "family play time" to explore the toys and such. During their regular times that they are watching the children this is generally not allowed.

Sue Ellen

On my cruise, on 2 occasions when I was in Flounders, I observed parents walking in, asking if a spot was available and being told not, not at this time.

I would request a reservation for every night; and they call you by 3p to tell you if you get it. If they offer it to you, you can decide if you want it.

Flounders is not set up as a "playroom" atmosphere; it's very much a day care center environment with professional caregivers.

We cruised with a 16 mo old. We asked for & received time slots in Flounders for every night of our 7 day cruise. It was nice to get a few hours of adult time & I know he had fun there. Hope this helps!!

:Pinkbounc

You may be thinking of the Oceaneer's Club. On our cruise in July, I brought DS, who was almost 3 at the time into the Oceaneer's Club, just to look around, and was told he could stay and play, as long as I was with him. The nursery, as others have mentioned, does not allow this.

You will find lots of places for her to burn off energy. The whole ship is exciting and stimulating for toddlers. During the day, the nightclub area is an excellent place for exploration. Bring a small ball for her to bat around, or something similar that she enjoys. She'll probably just want to run up and down hallways and climb stairs, checking everything out.

Hope you have a great cruise!

When we cruised there was time set aside for families in Flounders....we went there once but my 2 1/2 year old said all the toys were for babies and we never went back.....we spent some time on the secret deck on 7 aft for her to run around...she ran circles out there...a great place to let kids run and burn off some energy since there is never usually many people there.

When we cruised in May 2001 with our 11 month old, there was family play time several mornings in Flounders. We took our dd in several times just to play with toys. It was very nice and quiet. (During the mornings when they werent doing child care). I think it was maybe 10-12 ish? We also took her into the club to play several times.

I think they are still doing this, correct me someone if I am wrong because we plan on doing it with our twins in June.

I just checked my info sheet from Flounder's from our 3-day cruise in July. It states "We offer ToddlerTime for families from 9AM to 10:30 AM on Wednesday and Saturday." These are Castaway Cay days on the Wonder.

Thank you all so much for this information. Your replies have been so helpful! ::yes::

And thanks for the alternate ideas too. She loves balls, but I hadn't thought to bring one for her. And letting her run in the secret deck area is a wonderful idea!

Thanks so much!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter