Flying from east coast ( BLD or BOS) least expensive time to go to Aulani?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We recently became DVC owners and will definitely want to plan a Hawaii trip in the near future. Having never flown there or really looked at flights does anyone know

1. If there are less expensive times of year for flights from east coast to hawaii. We are in MA so we have a few options for flights - Boston, Hartford, even NYC isn't totally out as an option.

2. Are there any certain airlines that you have liked to fly on such a long flight?

I'm not sure what else i should be asking or considering.

Any input is appreciated!!

I find it's like anywhere else, if you can fly September midweek to midweek you usually get flights for around $750. If you want to go at a more favorable time of year, weekend to weekend I would budget $1000 a ticket. My advice is book your DVC room at 7 months and then look for airfare to accommodate the room reservation. Booking at 7 months is difficult. It is very risky to book airfare earlier than 7 months assuming you'll be able to get a room. We are going to Aulani in two weeks for February school vacation week (MA) and we booked our room at 7 months exactly (day-by-day) and once I had all 7 days we booked air that day. We paid $1000. The last time we went to Hawaii was 2005 and we went in the off season in October and paid $800 and we booked right when the airfare went on sale at 331 days so 10 years later, going for school vacation week $an extra $200 a ticket didn't seem that painful. This is from Boston, I didn't check any other airports.

Ok, ignore my previous post and listen to DisDad. I'll look into this myself next time we consider HI. I do stand by my recommendation of booking your room at 7 months before airfare though.

Ok, ignore my previous post and listen to DisDad. I'll look into this myself next time we consider HI. I do stand by my recommendation of booking your room at 7 months before airfare though.

Well, what you said is all true. While they run sales fairly often, the best prices will be on Tuesdays, etc. And they don't always release sale fares far in advance. I agree with what you said, I was just throwing Hawaiian Airlines out there as an option.

I booked JFK to HNL today Nonstop and RT. My plan is to book BOS to JFK separately. I was watching the fares for a few weeks and noticed that the fares from BOS to HNL were much more expensive purchased as one but a bit cheaper if booked separately. Book directly with HA and then book JetBlue (same terminal) BOS-NY at a later time. Good luck!

I booked JFK to HNL today Nonstop and RT. My plan is to book BOS to JFK separately. I was watching the fares for a few weeks and noticed that the fares from BOS to HNL were much more expensive purchased as one but a bit cheaper if booked separately. Book directly with HA and then book JetBlue (same terminal) BOS-NY at a later time. Good luck!
Be aware that if you have BOS-JFK on JetBlue and JFK-HNL on Hawaiian, booked as separate tickets, you have to claim your bags in JFK and re-check them for the next segment. (And exit/reenter the secure gate area.) If you book as a single ticket, you can check bags through to your final destination.

Be aware that if you have BOS-JFK on JetBlue and JFK-HNL on Hawaiian, booked as separate tickets, you have to claim your bags in JFK and re-check them for the next segment. (And exit/reenter the secure gate area.) If you book as a single ticket, you can check bags through to your final destination.
Hi thanks for the tip! We plan on bringing a carry-on so the luggage will always be with us and no extra fees.

Hmm, personally I would not bother flying from BOS-JFK. That's about a 3.5 hr drive. You will spend almost that much time getting to airport early, waiting for plane, etc. Plus, it leaves more room for error. Mechanical/weather issue, etc.

Hmm, personally I would not bother flying from BOS-JFK. That's about a 3.5 hr drive. You will spend almost that much time getting to airport early, waiting for plane, etc. Plus, it leaves more room for error. Mechanical/weather issue, etc.
It's the 3.5 hour drive home after you return on the red-eye that would bother me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!