Flying home... Candy apples?

Sparrow78

Mouseketeer
we are flying LAX to Calgary, anyone know if we could bring candy apples back? DD really wants to bring her teacher one and as we were looking at them it got me wondering if we were allowed!

Customs is pretty good with most foods coming in from the US, you just have to declare it. I always stop at Trader Joe's on the way back from the Buffalo airport and never have a problem.

Of course... the customs agent usually notices my detailed declaration list on my lap when I pull up and waives me through so he doesn't have to deal with me. :D

Attachments

• IMG_4361.jpg
    IMG_4361.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 30

What about heading from Canada to Orlando? I wanted to bring a few things in my checked bag (jam, peanut butter) . Am I allowed? Do I just need to declare it?

In checked luggage it is OK. Yes I would declare any food products you take across the border.

we are flying LAX to Calgary, anyone know if we could bring candy apples back? DD really wants to bring her teacher one and as we were looking at them it got me wondering if we were allowed!
If you have a few minutes after you've checked in at the airport on the way to LAX, maybe stop by Canada Customs and ask them. They would be the ones letting you keep it or not. Since apples are grown in B.C. (practically next door to you), who knows whether they have some special rule about bringing in apples and your daughter would be heartbroken if it was confiscated.

We brought caramel apples from MCO to YOW twice.

The first time, September 2014, we forgot about them and didn’t declare on the form. The customs guy at YOW asked us what we were bringing back and we mentioned the caramel apples and he reminded that we needed to declare as a fruit on the form and that was it. He let us keep them and sent us on our way.

The second time, September 2017, we remembered and declared on the form. The girl at customs at YOW told us we were not allowed to bring them (ie. apples) in to the country. We were surprised. She was nice though and said she would trust that we would throw them out (wink, wink).

We probably won’t bother trying to bring them back again.

I guess it depends on the border agent. We brought one back and declared it but we still had to throw it out.

I brought it back. Custom guy says enjoy! We love them. He told us no issue with bringing them back unless there was a public ban like beef occasionally. Just make sure we declare them,

What about heading from Canada to Orlando? I wanted to bring a few things in my checked bag (jam, peanut butter) . Am I allowed? Do I just need to declare it?

Sealed containers of commmericailly-packed food are generally ok, as long as whatever it is is legal in the US. Fresh fruit/veggies are not welcome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter