Folding ECV

EpcotQueen

DIS Veteran
Finally convinced DH he needs an ECV here at home too. Interested in folding ones. Anyone have any experience with either the Pride folding ECV or the EV Rider folding?

Finally convinced DH he needs an ECV here at home too. Interested in folding ones. Anyone have any experience with either the Pride folding ECV or the EV Rider folding?
I have noticed these have become quite popular around Disneyland and saw a fair number at Disney World as well:
http://www.tzora.com/Easy-Travel-Scooter.html

I spoke with someone who has one and absolutely loves it, I know there are getting to be many others as well though.

Yeah, the thing with folding scooters is the weight. The Tzora the poster above me linked is about 80 lbs. Pride’s folding scooter is 51 lbs and EV Rider’s scooter is 46 lbs.

Just like with manual chairs, the folding mechanism is going to add weight. A lighter weight for the unit will mean a trade off in user weight capacity or battery power. Kind of hard to get around that. There is a saying for laptop computers that fits here.

Size. Performance. Price. Pick any two.

Yeah, the thing with folding scooters is the weight. The Tzora the poster above me linked is about 80 lbs. Pride’s folding scooter is 51 lbs and EV Rider’s scooter is 46 lbs.

I agree. I was surprised when looking at the three different scooters.

Tzora Easy Travel Lite
Total weight: 80 lbs
12 A/h battery: up to 8 miles
Carrying capacity: 250 lbs

sop-resize-600-lite-big-1.jpg

sop-resize-400-Lite-folded.jpg

Pride Mobility Go-Go Folding Scooter
Total weight: 51 lbs without batteries

12 AH, sealed lead acid - 9 lbs. each (2 required)
Total weight with battery: 69 lbs
Maximum Range Per Charge* Up to 9.3 miles (sealed lead acid)

11.5 AH lithium-ion - 5 lbs. each (1 required)
Total weight with battery: 56 lbs
Maximum Range Per Charge* Up to 13 miles (lithium-ion)

Maximum Weight Capacity 250 lbs.

61TZZSGuJlL._SL1026_.jpg

61zbCJ5ueYL._SL1206_.jpg

EV Rider MINIRIDER FOLDING

Total weight with battery: 75.5 lbs
Total weight: 59.4 lbs without batteries

Load Capacity – 253 lbs
Range up to 9 miles

mini-rider-folding-scooter-002.jpg

mini-rider-folding-scooter-008.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter