Food and Beverage Minimums...

MATTERHORN

<font color=purple>HA HA take that all of you unco
Okay, so just want to make sure I have this correct!! Thanks in advance.

If my daughter has the 12pm WP ceremony, and we have to spend $165 per person that day, in order to reach that, would it look something like this?? Estimation or guess....

$12 per person cake cost
$25 per person bar cost (estimating 3 per person)

Does this mean our dinner buffet has to have a cost of $128 per person to make the price?? Most of them are between $70 - $95 each and that's already a ton of food. So I have to have $45 per person-ish add ons to the buffet to make our minimum? Just seems like so much wasted food. Are there other options I'm not thinking of or overlooking?

Also, if you do BOC bar, what if you don't end up with that much and get a refund? Does that mean technically your total could end up less than $165 each in the end? Or would you just not get a refund then?

Sorry, so confused. $128 per person for lunch buffet seems hard to hit!

Also, am I correct and reading that the Happily Ever After buffet dinner meal has 3 action stations included?

If my daughter has the 12pm WP ceremony, and we have to spend $165 per person that day, in order to reach that, would it look something like this?? Estimation or guess....

$12 per person cake cost
$25 per person bar cost (estimating 3 per person)

Does this mean our dinner buffet has to have a cost of $128 per person to make the price?? Most of them are between $70 - $95 each and that's already a ton of food. So I have to have $45 per person-ish add ons to the buffet to make our minimum? Just seems like so much wasted food. Are there other options I'm not thinking of or overlooking?

If you have my guide, this is all explained in Chapter 4, with the BOC explanation starting on p.106.

Yes, the $165 can be broken down into cake, bar and menu costs, but 3 drinks per person is an extremely low estimate for a full reception of 5 hours, so I think you'll have no trouble meeting the minimums.

For example, when you do a BOC bar, Disney estimates that each person will have 2 drinks the first hour and 1 drink each hour thereafter, so that's 6 drinks/person for a 5-hour reception. If your guests drink less, you get a refund. If they drink more, you pay for exactly what they drank (vs. a package, where you pay a high, flat fee for unlimited drinks but get no refund if people drink less).

Also, if you do BOC bar, what if you don't end up with that much and get a refund? Does that mean technically your total could end up less than $165 each in the end? Or would you just not get a refund then?

You would not get a refund if it would take you below the minimum. But anything over the minimum that you do not spend you do get refunded, which is why so many people choose BOC.

If you have my guide, this is all explained in Chapter 4, with the BOC explanation starting on p.106.

Yes, the $165 can be broken down into cake, bar and menu costs, but 3 drinks per person is an extremely low estimate for a full reception of 5 hours, so I think you'll have no trouble meeting the minimums.

For example, when you do a BOC bar, Disney estimates that each person will have 2 drinks the first hour and 1 drink each hour thereafter, so that's 6 drinks/person for a 5-hour reception. If your guests drink less, you get a refund. If they drink more, you pay for exactly what they drank (vs. a package, where you pay a high, flat fee for unlimited drinks but get no refund if people drink less).

You would not get a refund if it would take you below the minimum. But anything over the minimum that you do not spend you do get refunded, which is why so many people choose BOC.

I do have the guide, but I was still unclear on whether BOC refund would take me under the minimum amount. Thanks. I don't want to pay extra money for nothing. I averaged three per person because we will have at least half the people who won't drink alcohol, so that was my way of saying there will be at least 6-7 for the actual drinkers throughout the reception. So that was already figured into my estimate.

Okay, this is what I wanted to clarify. So we need to make sure our food cost is pretty high so we don't end up paying for things that weren't used/drank. That's what I'm trying to avoid. No point in trying to get the menu cost down low if they would keep the extra money anyway.

It's gonna be tough to get to that number without doing crown service or serving filet and lobster! LOL.

Don't forget you can do "portable" foods that could double as favors if you provided takeout boxes. I also interviewed one couple who had multi-layer cakes on each table as centerpieces. That eats up your budget fast!

Don't forget you can do "portable" foods that could double as favors if you provided takeout boxes. I also interviewed one couple who had multi-layer cakes on each table as centerpieces. That eats up your budget fast!

Thanks! Those are good ideas! We may end up doing an edible favor after all. We were trying to do Disney pens or shot glasses (toothpick holders) or something similar since we get such a good CM discount!! But may have to go for food!

Thanks! Those are good ideas! We may end up doing an edible favor after all. We were trying to do Disney pens or shot glasses (toothpick holders) or something similar since we get such a good CM discount!! But may have to go for food!

@MATTERHORN do you mean buying them from regular merch locations? CMs don't get a deeper discount on decor or gifts through weddings, right?

Yes, sorry! I would buy them and have them place them as one of my 5 items!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts