Food and Wine Tasting Sampler?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
Last year at Food and Wine they had tasting samplers with 8 or 16 tabs that you could use for food and drinks at booths. I've not seen or heard anything about them (or something similar) this year. Does anyone know if they'll be back or some other option aside from the gift card?

Thanks!

I just read that an 8 coupon option will be available for $65. That means item values would need to be over$8 on average to be any savings. I've been reading reviews of previous years and most food items have been less than that. Has anyone found a good way to use these? I was thinking it might help if you use it for beverages mostly. Any thoughts?

I just read that an 8 coupon option will be available for $65. That means item values would need to be over$8 on average to be any savings. I've been reading reviews of previous years and most food items have been less than that. Has anyone found a good way to use these? I was thinking it might help if you use it for beverages mostly. Any thoughts?

Thanks! Where did you read that?

I think the only real way to make that worth it is to use it for alcohol. I know my husband and I did it last year and saved money that way.

When I used it a couple of years ago I used it solely for the alcoholic beverages I got from the booths. That was definitely the most cost-effective use of the sampler package. The only food items that come close to the per coupon average are the lobster roll or the Filet in Canada.

We used them mostly on jalapeño margaritas last year with maybe a LePassion frozen martini or two.

I hope the prickly pear and pomegranate flavors are on-the-rocks and as good this year.

So much for that hope! Now it's a choice of classic lime or spicy apple margaritas.

Can't say that I'm excited about either. Boo!

Can someone share a link for how to get the sampler? I am very interested in it for my upcoming trip.

Can two people share a sampler? It does seem like it's best used for alcoholic drinks - not sure I need 8 by myself!

Can two people share a sampler? It does seem like it's best used for alcoholic drinks - not sure I need 8 by myself!

Yes, you can share the coupons. Not only that, but you don't have to spend them all in one day. They are good for the entire festival.

Officially, the person how bought the sampler has to be present when ordering. The sampler comes on a lanyard with coupons that tear off. You're supposed to show the lanyard when redeeming the coupons. But you could certainly buy drinks for your whole party.

While the price did jump, there's a good chance everything else is up too. Wouldn't shock me at all if the lobster roll and filet mignon top $8 this year. I had the 8 tab last year and used it primarily on the pricey cocktails and there were only 2 drinks I actually thought were worth it. This year I'm sticking to beer flights (can't use tabs for those) and maybe one of the cocktails from China (they pour strong).

So, what kind of drinks are (usually) included with this?
Might split a sampler with my SO . . . neither of us drink much (we mostly drink cola @ home), so a couple alcoholic drinks each for 2 days might be nice.

*He likes sweet drinks . . . I like Whiskey Sour, passion fruit-flavoured, sparking drinks and wine . . . we both like trying unusual foods and drinks from around the world.

Might split a sampler with my SO . . . neither of us drink much (we mostly drink cola @ home), so a couple alcoholic drinks each for 2 days might be nice.

*He likes sweet drinks . . . I like Whiskey Sour, passion fruit-flavoured, sparking drinks and wine . . . we both like trying unusual foods and drinks from around the world.

Passion fruit margarita at Joffreys Disney Traders this year. Starting to plan my plan of attack for the festival. I plan to hit most of the booths for at least one item. Might need to buy an extra days ticket over my four park ticket.

Passion fruit margarita at Joffreys Disney Traders this year. Starting to plan my plan of attack for the festival. I plan to hit most of the booths for at least one item. Might need to buy an extra days ticket over my four park ticket.

The Joffreys locations were not suppose to take the sampler coupons. Sometimes they did in error, but I would not plan on them accepting them. Technically they were only for use at the temporary kiosks

The Joffreys locations were not suppose to take the sampler coupons. Sometimes they did in error, but I would not plan on them accepting them. Technically they were only for use at the temporary kiosks

I was just mentioning that one item since she mentioned liking passion fruit. I am totally new to the Food & Wine Festival, so am pretty much playing catch up outside of the menus.

Last year, there seemed to be a cut off at about $12. Maybe $11.50? Any drink priced higher than that was excluded. Mind you, they were excluded by name, not by price, but I'm sure the high price wasn't just a coincidence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter