Food ideas on a budget?

Amunet

DIS Veteran
I've never eaten off Resort at WDW, so any information on where to eat and foods to bring for our stay would be quite helpful. Especially food that can only be used in a normal resort room.

My boyfriend and I will be staying Fri-Monday at ASMo, we will be driving our car to/from WDW.

I'm going to be doing mostly business things all day on Saturday and Sunday, my boyfriend will be hanging around the pool and Disney Springs. He is a bottomless pit, so he will need suggestions for filling, yet prepared without using a microwave.

We do have 2 ADRs for the weekend and are planning on eating QS at MNSSHP. Other than that, snacks and meal ideas would be quite helpful :)

I'd bring (I have three grown adult sons here)
fresh buns , wraps ,subs and bagels.
meats,cheese,pickles,mini tomatoes, sub sauce
tostitos,nuts,snack crackers and chips.
Hummus, tzatziki sauce, bite size snacking veggies (pre cut up).

Hugs Mel

What baba bear said!

One of my most fun trips was a super budget trip in college with my roommates. We drove down and packed a cooler full of food. We coupon clipped and shopped sales to get the best deals while still at home, as the stores down there can charge a premium. We also brought along a cheapie toaster so that we could have toast and bagels. We packed water thermoses that we took into the park empty and filled at water fountains (I love the Brita bottles, and Costco often has 3 packs of Contigo for a good deal).

Crackers, snacking cheese and meats, grapes/other fruit can be a nice thing to have as a snack by the pool or as a little happy hour snack with your wine/beer ;)

Another idea - you can order items from Amazon Pantry and have them shipped to the resort and waiting for you. You probably don't need to do that since you're driving your car, but just an idea for others as well.

Have lots of fun!!!

I'd bring (I have three grown adult sons here)
fresh buns , wraps ,subs and bagels.
meats,cheese,pickles,mini tomatoes, sub sauce
tostitos,nuts,snack crackers and chips.
Hummus, tzatziki sauce, bite size snacking veggies (pre cut up)

Those are nice things to brings. You may want to include thousand island dressing using mayo and ketchup with a bit of salt and pepper. That one is easy to prepare.

Since you want filling, but cheap...I'd actually steer clear of lunch meat unless you buy prepackaged b/c that gets pricey...
For ease, I'd actually buy a cold rotisserie chicken (I see these everyone under $5) vs the lunch meats...buy 2 if you think he will eat and eat and eat:)...

We have brought down cereal, poptarts, bagles/cream cheese for breakfast meals. Peanut butter crackers, lunchmeat, bread and condiments for lunches with fruit and chips we've brought our own drinks as well. That worked out really well for us with kids so I imagine it would work for just 2 of you. Have fun!

Wow, hand you all for your wonderful advice! I showed this to him and he loves these suggestions :)

Just to let him know, he is welcome to use the toaster and microwave in the food court.
I had no idea the food court had these to use! That's wonderful, thank you!

I've never eaten off Resort at WDW, so any information on where to eat and foods to bring for our stay would be quite helpful. Especially food that can only be used in a normal resort room.

My boyfriend and I will be staying Fri-Monday at ASMo, we will be driving our car to/from WDW.

I'm going to be doing mostly business things all day on Saturday and Sunday, my boyfriend will be hanging around the pool and Disney Springs. He is a bottomless pit, so he will need suggestions for filling, yet prepared without using a microwave.

We do have 2 ADRs for the weekend and are planning on eating QS at MNSSHP. Other than that, snacks and meal ideas would be quite helpful :)
Make ahead chicken salad and bring pita pockets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!