food in carry on

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
I know that I can't bring any food that is liquid or gel but what about Nutella snack packs? The ones with breadsticks and nutella or the cheese whiz and breadsticks - can they go in a carry on?

I believe that's going to fall in the category of 3.4oz or less (the Nutella/Cheese Whiz part).

Just arrived yesterday and security had me remove all food from carryon for inspection at the airport.

Yes good must be removed from bags at many airports. Also any item that can’t hold its shape with no container must be counted as a liquid and go into your quart bag and be less than 3.4 oz. the Nutella would be a liquid (I know they consider peanut butter a liquid).

Just arrived yesterday and security had me remove all food from carryon for inspection at the airport.
Were you in preCheck? Did they make you toss anything? Or was it just so they could look at them?

I know that I can't bring any food that is liquid or gel but what about Nutella snack packs? The ones with breadsticks and nutella or the cheese whiz and breadsticks - can they go in a carry on?
Yes. You can bring those in.

My advice as a frequent flyer; put any food items in a clear bag and remove them from your carry on before you put them through screening. That way the agents can see exactly what you have without needing to pull the bag aside and open it.

Agreed, any ‘organics’ (spices, tea, food) go through easier if you bag them or leave them in the tray for a quick inspection. Repack them after security.

Didn’t have to toss anything. She just felt all of the opaque packages. I even forgot to pull out my full size sanitizer and they didn’t say anything. Just wasn’t expecting it, and I had them stashed all over in 2 different bags. Took a lot of digging to get it all out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!