Food near OKW

mrsminniemouse

DIS Veteran
We will be at AKL for 4 nights followed by OKW for 16 nights next month. We cannot wait :Pinkbounc AT OkW we are in a 1 bed for some of the time and a 2 bed when our friend joins us. We will most likely have breakfast and light meals in the villa sometimes but I was interested to know about other options.

We love Olivias and will probably eat there often. Is it true we can order take out? Is it cheaper than eating in? What about the 2 snack bars? Do they serve breakfast? It is practical to drive over to POR or POFQ for a food court meal? Although we really enjoy Olivias, it is a fairly small menu and we will be there for a while so we wanted to consider other nearby places. I guess we might get the boat down to DTD too, problem with that is the crowds, only works if you book ahead we found last time when we were at SSR.

Thanks for any tips!
Mandy ::MinnieMo

Olivia's is one of our favorite breakfast places, and they may be able to do "custom" items like Eggs Benedict if you give them a one day notice. As far as lunch or light dinners, we enjoy Earl oif Sandwich at DtD, I recommend taking the boat, especially at night, as parking is awful. The snack bar behind Oilvia's does serve some breakfast items, and you can get Olivia's to go--I don't think they charge extra.

The snack bar at Turtle Pond is open seasonally and their hours are not as convenient as they were in the past.

It probably takes about the same time to walk from your room to Olivia's as it does to jump in the car and head over to POFQ to the food court there. Many people say they use both when they are at OKW so I think is it VERY doable! (I would assume Riverside takes a bit longer, but not that much :teeth: )

Laura

We have used the POFQ food court when staying at WDW, it's just a couple minutes drive. We have also gone to the restaurants at Crossroads.

We eat at the Crossroads a lot. If you make a right when you leave OKW, and head there via Saratoga Springs, you can get there quicker (less traffic). We eat at Perkins a lot -- they have great breakfast food and it is SO cheap -- and also enjoy Pizzeria Uno. There is fast food there, too, McDonad's and Taco Bell.

Not sure if it is true, but I read a thread last week that said you can no longer get Olivia's menu items from Good's.

I was hoping this was an option for our trip in September.

While we like Olivias, we usualy have most main meals at Epcot restaurants or our favorite resort restaurants. Even those days when we aren't spending much time in the parks, we still might go to Epcot for dinner.

...you might as well hang a left on 535, go about half a mile, and visit Steak n Shake (in the strip mall on the right). My favorite guilty pleasure when I'm on vacation!

There's a LOT of good, reasonably priced eateries along that stretch of road: Macaroni's, Denny's, IHOP... and STEAK N' SHAKE!!! :cool1: All less than 15 minutes from OKW by car. (The parking for most will be easier than at Downtown Disney -- and the food will be cheaper.)

Bon appetite!

There's a Chevy's Mexican place right there by Crossroads, too.

My DH had a KFC craving last month while we were at OKW so he sent me out with DD and the car to find some. You know - "it can't be TOO far away". Well, a visit to the concierge with a map, directions, and 20 minutes later all the way over past Seaworld, we picked up our KFC! At least I know my way around all of the food places now! (And I bought enough chicken and sides to last us a few meals!)

In the same shopping center as the Steak N Shake - go to Giordano's for pizza -- real Chicago style deep dish.

Greg K. said:
...you might as well hang a left on 535, go about half a mile, and visit Steak n Shake (in the strip mall on the right). My favorite guilty pleasure when I'm on vacation!

There's a LOT of good, reasonably priced eateries along that stretch of road: Macaroni's, Denny's, IHOP... and STEAK N' SHAKE!!! :cool1: All less than 15 minutes from OKW by car. (The parking for most will be easier than at Downtown Disney -- and the food will be cheaper.)

Bon appetite!

I have always wondered about Steak N shake! What is good to eat there-don't tell me:
Steak and Shakes!

If you're willing to eat 'off property' -- at the crossroads...and if you like 'tex-mex' -- try Chevy's :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter