Foods I wished they still made

traceypi

Earning My Ears
I was recently talking to some family about foods from our childhood and things they don't make anymore. I have been for the past 10 years in search of the holy grail that was Maiers Crème Filled Donuts that used to be available around in Pennsylvania. Everytime I would be in the area I would longingly check the shelves of the local WaWa hoping to see them. Lo and Behold my mother recently came upon them in Lancaster and mailed me 3 packages. They are now called Country Maid Vanilla Crème Donuts.

Anyone else have foods from their past they still long for?

U-No Candy bar. Sometimes you can find it with classic candy. I also loved the McDonalds Steak, Egg, and Cheese bagel. I know it was a heart attack waiting to happen, but boy was it good!!

Nabisco used to make these delicious swiss cheese crackers. I think they still make them in Canada, but they discontinued them in the U.S. several years ago.

Yes they still have them here, I used to love them when I was a kid. My kids always beg me to buy them but being the mean mommy I am I refuse because of the trans fats and I only buy whole grain crackers:rotfl:

Oooh, yeah, Planters cheese balls, I'd forgotten all about those.

Kraft Olive Pimento Cheese Spread. The one that's just Pimento is NOT the same.

And I'm really going to date myself with these:
Jello 1-2-3! It made layers of different textures in the glass.

And does anyone remember Triangle Thins crackers? I think they were from Nabisco. I'm trying to remember exactly what they were like, maybe kind of like Sociables, but different - I just remember they were good.

Oh, and Hydrox cookies - I know they did an "anniversary" thing with these a couple of years ago, but I swear they were not as good as the ones I grew up with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter