Foods I wished they still made

It's not so much the food going away as it is the change of recipes. I wish they would have left Lucky Charms and Twinkies alone. It's not as if I eat either those that often. Maybe once a year. But I'd like it to taste the same as it did when I was a kid.

As for foods that I cannot buy, bring back Pudding Pops.

c51b7972410186ffc0e49be42f4db3dd.jpg

Whoa, wow, wacky. How the hell did this product ever get put on the shelves?

I liked it way back when cereal manufacturers proudly shouted "sugar" on their packaging.

And there were plenty of non-PC characters used in advertising in those days. Of course today no company would dare use such blatantly unsuitable images.

Chef boy ar Dee pizza and spaghetti in a box- it wasn’t even very good, but one of the first things I was allowed to make as a kid so I’m nostalgic for it

I still see Chef Boy R Dee pizza kits in stores. And I think Walmart has a Kraft spaghetti kit in a box.

I answered the original thread, and now I'll add to it. I still miss Jello 1-2-3 and Whip and Chill, but I'll add Fizzies and Junket to the list. One other thing that I think they still make but I can't find it anywhere around here and haven't seen it in years is Ah-So Sauce. It's the red coating they put on spare ribs at the Chinese restaurant.

I loved the whip and chill, too. Wouldn’t have remembered Junket unless mentioned.

It's not so much the food going away as it is the change of recipes. I wish they would have left Lucky Charms and Twinkies alone. It's not as if I eat either those that often. Maybe once a year. But I'd like it to taste the same as it did when I was a kid.

As for foods that I cannot buy, bring back Pudding Pops.

Ugh...pudding pops are SO good! They briefly brought them back around 2002 and I bought a bunch of boxes. My favorite were the chocolate vanilla swirl ones. Why dont these still exist?

Ugh...pudding pops are SO good! They briefly brought them back around 2002 and I bought a bunch of boxes. My favorite were the chocolate vanilla swirl ones. Why dont these still exist?

I read they weren't profitable. I loved them as a kid.

Giggles and Magic Middles cookies
Fruitopia drinks
French Toast Crunch
CremeSavers
Vanilla Pepsi
Pizzarias
Minute Maid juice bars
Dweebs candy
Sharkleberry fin koolaid
Bonkers
The original McD's cherry pies

They still very much make French Toast Crunch. I see it all the time at Target and our supermarkets.

Ugh...pudding pops are SO good! They briefly brought them back around 2002 and I bought a bunch of boxes. My favorite were the chocolate vanilla swirl ones. Why don't these still exist?

Apparently they went away, came back, then went away again. (I wonder if the second time is because people associate them with Bill Cosby from the old commercials?) Anyway, this says look for Kemps brand:

https://www.today.com/food/pop-rocks-pudding-pops-whats-become-your-childhood-faves-1C9005220

I can think of a few things. Keebler Pitter Patters cookies. They were peanut butter cream sandwich cookies and I loved them.

Banana Nesquick. It was an aquired taste that I aquired and now it's gone.

Corn Toastees. I loved those for breakfast. Can't find them anymore but I look all the time.

OMG I loved the Boiling bags esp. the Turkey! Except the brand for ours was Family Buffet.

ETA: I miss Donkey Kong and Nintendo cereal.

I loved beef boiling bags but turkey was good too! You may be right about the brand though...I was assuming they were Banquet but I could be wrong!

And YES about the Nintendo cereal! I also remember when Batman Returns came out and they had a special cereal to promote it and I begged and begged my mom to get it lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!