Foolish Mortals, The travels of Truck 999, The HDT.

You were hustling that truck. Looks like you were going 80-90 for most of that run. The hard left hander around 2:00 with the water on the exit looked like it was fun.

::yes:: :car:

j

You were hustling that truck. Looks like you were going 80-90 for most of that run. The hard left hander around 2:00 with the water on the exit looked like it was fun.

::yes:: :car:

j

Well you know anything looks fast when you speed it up 4X. That hard left with the water, was dry up until a couple weeks ago when we had the 4 inches of rain in about 8 hours, it has been wet ever since. That video is taken from our ride in the truck, but is actually part of my daily commute to work.

Ever noticed on PA roads houses are either around 3 yards, 30 yards, 300 yards or like 3000 yards off the road?

That thats only after passing like 10 houses.

So trailer update.....They are done painting, and have installed the spare tire carrier and tire. They are waiting on the propane box from Indiana yet and we are waiting on the bearing seals, as we want to have the bearings repacked when they put the new wheels on. So there is progress being made, but still not sure when we will get it back. Although if they get the seals early next week and get the wheels on, I may have them install the propane box later when it comes in.

So another trailer update. Well it appears everything has been going well, and we are making progress. Going to finally be able to go pick up the trailer from the shop next Friday, and luckily I will have two young helpers for the weekend to help dewinterize and get stuff loaded inside, fix some things, like my kitchen sink. And I still have to get them both inspected yet also. UGH. Alright, now to find out if anyone still has any available campsites.

Pigeon Forge? probably a long drive though. hope you find some where to go.

I am sure we will find something locally. Pigeon Forge is probably about 9 or 10 hours. That is a guess as I do not have my phone on my hip today.

Chris.

Pigeon Forge is 8+ for me. Depends how many people bounce off the camper on the way.

You are more than welcome, but it is a hike for a short stay.

Glad things are finally getting sorted out on the camper.

j

She's back !!!! We picked her up today all fixed up and well ready for my work to begin. May need new batteries, they were dead at the shop, going to try and charge them, but not counting on it. Batteries had some severe corrosion, so not sure what happened, they were fine when we took them. Have to fix some other things and get camper ready for the season. We then have to get it inspected and then we can go camping. But it is here, so let the work begin......

Everytime we see youtube videos about campers or motorhomes, we remember your truck and it's special name, and just came back to see that you're still posting regularly. Thanks!

Everytime we see youtube videos about campers or motorhomes, we remember your truck and it's special name, and just came back to see that you're still posting regularly. Thanks!

Why Thank you MouseofCards. I have tried to keep up with it on here. I am actually hoping to get some more stuff put up on our youtube Foolish Mortals. Just purchased a new go pro which will give us some better video's hopefully. We have a camping trip or two this year, then hopefully a run to Disney in October. Things look good for now.

@PaHinter
Just subscribed to your YouTube channel Chris. Looking forward to your content.

You got a YouTube channel!?

Does it show Bugs Bunny cartoons on that channel?

giphy.gif

Those are hard to find anymore (other than on my box set of DVD's).

Bama Ed

I just watched the video where a clown cut in front of him. That sucked, but the background music was SRV doing Voodoo Chile. Well worth the watch! 😆

Well we were due for an inspection 2 weeks ago, garage ran out of inspection stickers. Finally called last week and asked if we could bring it in next week, so hope to be ready to roll as of Friday. Well we need to be as our first camping trip of the season is the 14-16th and the nephews will be joining us. So in the mean time we have been taking care of the garden, pumpkins are getting way out of hand. And we have been keeping busy riding.

Last edited:
Alright, we are getting ready for our first camping trip of the year. :drive:We have all vehicles inspected, we are hooked up and we are loading....:laundy:
So I hook up to water today, to check out the new faucet make sure it does not leak, turn on the water and nothing....run back outside and water is pouring out the side of camper. What the **#^^$:headache:. So I remove the board that hides all the plumbing behind the panel and what do I find, but my water connection for the outside faucet has popped out of the rear of the faucet. :confused3Yes, they use a plastic push in connection. Really on something that bounces down the highway.:faint: So a quick reconnect and we are good for now. Will have to look at that once we return, and change or install shut offs in those lines.
DW will pick up nephews early on Friday and we will head to the campground. The nephews do not know we are camping yet. So we will get some video and so pictures while we enjoy the 1st trip out.
Still looking to make Disney, work may force us to change out plans there. But holding out on that decision as long as we can. ADR's this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter