Foolish Mortals, The travels of Truck 999, The HDT.

Ours is a low budget HDT. It did not come from RVH. Ours was a working truck that came from a dealer in KC. We had a local shop fab the hitch in place. All other work has either been done by me, installing fenders, or by the shop.
We have not been able to make the rally in Hutch, they had a ton of trucks out there this year even with Covid.

I see. I don't ever foresee me getting a HDT unless I can find one with the divorce option installed, despite how much I'd like one.

Maybe we'll get to Hutch sometime and see if that could change some minds.

I feel like I would cycle through a F450 before I got to the HDT relm. For one, I really do use a pickup regularly. I think the 450 would be the next move due to increased rack angle and better turning radius.

HDT would likely happen if I can realize the dream to full time for a couple years and see the country.

I did think on it. If you have room to store it and dont need it as a pick up its way cheaper. 50k for a new 2500 for me. Lol. It was a good move as i drive it all the time. Being 6'6" i kind of need a big puck up to drive around in anyway. If i go bigger on the camper i will definitely condider the HDT. We will see how it goes. For now im happy in my small TT. Just enough for 2 or 3 people.

We have a big 40' FL 5th wheel, so I already have the F350DRW. Thankfully mine was a steal at the time for such low milage and use back in 2016. Now in 2020 we still have not crossed 60k. Mostly because I could not commute with it. It just did not fit in the city/suburban garages around here. So I always have had a low cost commuter car. The current commuting mule is a 2005 Hyundai Tucson with 160k miles on it. It will continue that job till it costs too much to repair or rusts away like the 300k mile S10 that was before it.

Back on topic, I hope one day to catch up with @PaHunter heading down somewhere. Only to watch him pull away and leave me in the dust up a heavy grade....

I just replaced my F350 DRW in July and strongly considered going the HDT route like Chris did. A decent Volvo (2015-2017 w/ 400,000 miles) was running $40-45k. Chris helped me look at conversion costs (hitch, lights, brake controllers) and the cost of a deck so it could be used as a pickup, on occasion. I was at $50,000 (or more depending on chopping an axle or interior mods). I priced a new F350 Lariat DRW diesel. They stickered at $75k.

Reality sunk in and I found a 2016 F350 with incredibly low miles (46,000) and amazingly outfitted for $46k. I'm still considering moving to a Class A in a few years and figured selling an F350 would be a lot easier than a used Volvo semi. If I was definitely going to stay with a big 5'er, I probably would have gone the HDT route.

j

Well during our October trip we had some issues that needed to be addressed. Today I replaced the ceiling fan arms, since the one broke. I fixed the vent that had fallen out of the ceiling. And repaired the fan in the bathroom. So looks like we will be pulling in the slides tomorrow before the predicted snow hits. Today was supposed to be warm, but it is cooler and foggy/misty out. Have to go place the battery charger on the motorcycle.

I really need to get a few more battery maintainers. I wonder if I put a solar one on the shed if it would keep the lawn mower there happy. Otherwise, I just need to keep them all happy in the garage.

I leave mine in the lawn mower, probably not a great idea, i try to run it every so often to keep the charge up. So far so good.

I leave the handle and rope on my lawn mower all winter too. I'm not sure if it would do any good hooking it up to a battery minder or not. I do know leaving it in the sun (solar power?) seems to do more harm, in the long term.

:duck:

j

I leave the handle and rope on my lawn mower all winter too. I'm not sure if it would do any good hooking it up to a battery minder or not. I do know leaving it in the sun (solar power?) seems to do more harm, in the long term.

:duck:

j

You are welcome to push mow my acre of grass. I will stick to to the electric start 22hp 52" zero turn.....WAY faster.

I take battery out of RV and lawn mower and put in my shed. Once a month I hook them up to the charger.

I actually was able to get the oldest DD on the zero turn this summer some. She didn't do too bad either. Next year maybe I'll teach her to run the weed eater.

Pa, hate to hear about the snow man. Sounds terrible. You keep that up there with you. Okay?

The snow is normal for them in pa, probably got 3 or 4 snowfalls in allready:P
Me , i have to drive through it on Thursday morning. Not going to be fun. Should i take the new truck , or slide around in the jeep:cool:

PA knows how to move snow. Which surprises me that MD and VA are not that great at it with nearby neighbors to learn from.

@PaHunter What rolls do you have during storms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter