Foot Long Hot Dogs Removed from Main Street USA's Casey's Corner!

Just not right. Most normal people go on vacation to indulge. There are more than abundant opportunities to choose healthy options in the MK. But at a hot dog stand? C'mon, no human being alive has ever thought "I'm watching my calories and hunger, wonder where the nearest hot dog stand is?".
And, clearly, mini chicken hot dogs wrapped in cornbread and deep fried, are sooooo much healthier than mini BEEF hot dogs wrapped in cornbread and deep fried... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Seriously, Disney, the nuggets were not broken; you did not need to "fix" them. :furious:

I'm more upset that they took the speciality hot dog of the month away. Some sounded really good. Also, the newest I heard today actually was that the corn dog nuggets are now chicken dogs?!?! Thinking we may skip Casey's this trip with all these changes.

Do you think it may be that the people with the US free dining plan will be starting to come soon? QSDP now forced to get the smaller one?

And, clearly, mini chicken hot dogs wrapped in cornbread and deep fried, are sooooo much healthier than mini BEEF hot dogs wrapped in cornbread and deep fried... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Seriously, Disney, the nuggets were not broken; you did not need to "fix" them. :furious:
Absolutely right! Also, will they still call them corn dogs nuggets or chicken nuggets? Cause it is a small portion of chicken breaded and fried, right Disney?

Well darn. I was kind of hoping that I could try the hot of the month during our trip next month. I will just stay with my usual bacon mac n' cheese.

Absolutely right! Also, will they still call them corn dogs nuggets or chicken nuggets? Cause it is a small portion of chicken breaded and fried, right Disney?
Maybe corn chicken beak/feathers/feet nuggets.

Just not right. Most normal people go on vacation to indulge. There are more than abundant opportunities to choose healthy options in the MK. But at a hot dog stand? C'mon, no human being alive has ever thought "I'm watching my calories and hunger, wonder where the nearest hot dog stand is?".
Agreed, but also chicken hot dogs are that nasty mechanically separated meat most of the time. I bet it was more because it was cheaper than any imaginary health improvement.

No foot long hot dogs and chicken hot dog nuggets make Casey's an easy skip for us next trip.

It's so cynical, but they probably noticed my habit of splitting a footlong with my wife over the years and my kids splitting the corn dog nuggets realized that they were losing millions in revenue.

Another plus, the cheap people like me will now be forced to go to the underutilized Cosmic Rays, thus freeing up seats at the overcrowded Casey's for people willing to pay for solo dogs.

IMO management at Casey's needs to change. These folks make these changes to cut costs and help their bottom line so they "look good". I am going to be this will actually have the exact opposite impact on their bottom line and they will (hopefully) revert back.

Our family doesn't eat beef or pork, so the fact that there's a "hot dog" we can eat there, is a plus for us. I think they did chicken instead of turkey because it'd be similar to the other non-pork/beef corn dogs available around. I'm not sure I've seen a turkey corn dog available anywhere?

As for the cost? It generally costs us more to eat turkey / chicken products that are usually beef or pork. Hot dogs, kielbasa, etc. I'm not sure how their plant-based sausage is, but I've had a lot of "veggie" dogs and it's not even kinda similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter