Foot Long Hot Dogs Removed from Main Street USA's Casey's Corner!

Just not right. Most normal people go on vacation to indulge. There are more than abundant opportunities to choose healthy options in the MK. But at a hot dog stand? C'mon, no human being alive has ever thought "I'm watching my calories and hunger, wonder where the nearest hot dog stand is?".
when you're eating something that is covered in deep fried sweet cornmeal batter, the type of processed meat in the hot dog is kind of the least of your health worries.

It's obviously cost savings...if you walk into any grocery, typical ball park and oscar meyer dogs no longer have beef in them. All beef dogs from those brands are now double the price of these "changed" chicken/pork dogs...and if you get them perservative/nitrate free, you pay even more than that...

But, there is NO mistaking the taste of a quality beef dog and what those now "other" dogs are...those "white meat" dogs are truly gross:)...

I just saw the video posted about the corndog nuggets. The hotdog itself is very light in color. Chicken dogs are not that light/pale. I eat them all the time as I actually love chicken dogs. I've never seen one this light/pale. These look gross to be honest. Im sure they wont last.

This does not really make me that sad, these things are obnoxiously huge. My wife got one thinking it would be your "typical" hot dog stand dog and boy was she wrong, she actually couldn't eat it. Great value would be the only thing that I could say as a good reason to keep it as two people could easily eat one.

This does not really make me that sad, these things are obnoxiously huge. My wife got one thinking it would be your "typical" hot dog stand dog and boy was she wrong, she actually couldn't eat it. Great value would be the only thing that I could say as a good reason to keep it as two people could easily eat one.
Lol. But didnt it say "foot long" on the menu?

Lol. But didnt it say "foot long" on the menu?

lol. Yes but its not just a foot long, they are much larger in all ways! hahaha! I get people's annoyance that they are leaving and I understand people's need to let loose and indulge but they still have regular hot dogs. I mean I will be the first to riot if they take a way the Dole Whip or the Mickey Bars but are these foot long hot dogs that iconic and memorable?

My son was looking forward to going here, he loves hot dogs and foot long one was some kind of dream! The ones at Cosmic Rays all seem to be topped with thing and he just likes it plain, so not sure what we'll end up doing.

Here are the addresses to your nearest Sonic Drive-In in the WDW area.
5399 International Drive,Orlando, FL
242 South Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL
13900 Landstar Blvd, Orlando, FL 32824
1051 Cypress Parkway Kissimmee, FL 34759
3250 Vineland Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746

They have real corn dogs (delicious), real foot long coneys with chili and cheese. And tater tots if you like them. Plus their double cheese and chili burgers are excellent.

Last edited:
lol. Yes but its not just a foot long, they are much larger in all ways! hahaha! I get people's annoyance that they are leaving and I understand people's need to let loose and indulge but they still have regular hot dogs. I mean I will be the first to riot if they take a way the Dole Whip or the Mickey Bars but are these foot long hot dogs that iconic and memorable?
Oh yes, there will be hell to pay if they dare remove mickey bars or dole whips. Lol. Yes I see your point. Foot long hotdogs aren't memorable to me...and probably not to most. But there's a lot we dont know. Perhaps foot longs weren't doing so well in sales? Perhaps many find the size too intimidating? Bigger isnt always better. :teeth:

My son was looking forward to going here, he loves hot dogs and foot long one was some kind of dream! The ones at Cosmic Rays all seem to be topped with thing and he just likes it plain, so not sure what we'll end up doing.
If you ask for a plain foot long hotodog at Cosmic Rays, they will give it to you. :)

You can order one of those plain.

My kids and I LOVE Foster Farms Corn Dogs - we eat them all the time at home and they're chicken. I honestly didn't know for the longest time they were chicken lol. Just don't tell your kids - I bet they'll never know! ;)

I will cross my fingers that they will also bring back the hot dog of the month. I would love to try the buffalo chicken and jalapeno popper dogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter