FoP almost made me cry...

Our friends were there recently and said never again. It must be tight because she experienced sternum and rib pain.

I rode it twice last Wednesday, first time. The first time was better than the second. I was more comfortable the first time, the second seemed tighter. My glasses didn’t seem right the second time.

The glasses were way too big! I had to keep adjusting them to keep them on my face and I was not the only one, I noticed a few others in my section had the same problem. I was worried when I first locked in because I have a very sensitive lower back and as soon as they locked me in I felt pain. But, once the ride started it felt fine, not sure if I loosened up a bit or what but the pain went away fairly quickly. The ride was fantastic, I'm prone to motion sickness and felt fine during the ride, I was a bit queasy for maybe 5 minutes after but nothing like Mission Space where I was basically incapacitated for a full day...

My fiancée however felt horrible after. He was in a full body sweat and couldn't really ride anything else the rest of the morning, with the exception of the river journey.

Wow! There are just as many differing opinions as there are people riding. I had no issues with the seat restraints and the glasses were fine...although the ride was so cool I probably didn't even feel the glasses. I like it because it's more like a "rice rocket" type of ride. I have a motorcycle and it gives me that same feel as hugging the curves...I loved it!

I'm worried about DD24 being able to ride this. She has hip issues, so cannot ride things like alpine slides, where you have to keep your legs in a specific position around a center pedestal. I guess all we can do is try it and see. Is there any kind of a test vehicle, where you can see 'if' and 'how' you'll fit in the ride vehicle before standing in line forever?

I'm worried about DD24 being able to ride this. She has hip issues, so cannot ride things like alpine slides, where you have to keep your legs in a specific position around a center pedestal. I guess all we can do is try it and see. Is there any kind of a test vehicle, where you can see 'if' and 'how' you'll fit in the ride vehicle before standing in line forever?
Photos of the vehicles and the test seat can be found in the first posts of @rteetz’ Pandora thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-information-thread.3587311/

Rode FoP twice on our trip last week. The first time I was very tightly locked in and I didn't *love* that feeling (especially since we waited a good 2-3 minutes in that locked position before the ride began, not sure why). The second time I wasn't locked in as tight on the back restraint and it was much better. Those dang glasses, though, glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought they were going to fall off my face the entire time!

Here's a thought about the glasses for folks who have problems with them. I use eyeglass holders for my own glasses, you know the ones with the little rubber ends that you can hang around your neck. What if you brought a pair and slipped them on the 3D glasses...problem solved.

Here's a thought about the glasses for folks who have problems with them. I use eyeglass holders for my own glasses, you know the ones with the little rubber ends that you can hang around your neck. What if you brought a pair and slipped them on the 3D glasses...problem solved.

I thought about that but that would only work if the holders were semi-tight around your head. I have a couple of pair and they actually kind of hang down the back of my head so that wouldn't work. I'm thinking of wrapping an old fashioned cloth headband around my wrist and slipping that around my head on the ride then tucking the glasses under it. I used to wear them when I was a little girl but hate them now but I'm thinking that would work. I have a few I wear at night to hold my hair off my forehead when I'm washing my face. https://www.target.com/p/scunci-1-headwraps-5pk/-/A-52596561#lnk=sametab

I thought about that but that would only work if the holders were semi-tight around your head. I have a couple of pair and they actually kind of hang down the back of my head so that wouldn't work. I'm thinking of wrapping an old fashioned cloth headband around my wrist and slipping that around my head on the ride then tucking the glasses under it. I used to wear them when I was a little girl but hate them now but I'm thinking that would work. I have a few I wear at night to hold my hair off my forehead when I'm washing my face. https://www.target.com/p/scunci-1-headwraps-5pk/-/A-52596561#lnk=sametab
My pair of glasses holders have a tab in the back so you can pull them tight to your head. But...the bandana thing would work too. Another good idea.

FOP was a huge snore-fest for me. I can't remember how I described it before, but I remember thinking it was like watching a 3-d cartoon...it was not impressive, in the least, to me. My kids felt the same way...

FOP is a beautiful ride and a powerful experience. I'm in the minority, though, in liking River Journey almost as much. I found it totally immersive and moving, and with one of the greatest AAs ever built.

I'm with you as far as NRJ goes, I love it and would much rather ride it. I'm not a huge fan of FOP and only ride it when my son is with me.

This is where I'm at. I'll try it once, but I got a feeling I won't particularly enjoy it.

My experience was that the first time I found it to be really intense and was glad to have it end. Second time I knew what to expect and I really enjoyed it. FoP will be a 'Must Do' on future trips.

Bill From PA

I am going with a friend that is on the pooh side of things and I am so nervous that this ride will make her feel uncomfortable and/or sick. Starting to think I might just skip it. Maybe just hang out in Pandora and experience the setting a little while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!