FOP ride for 6 yr old

Kt75

Mouseketeer
dd loved splash mtn, mine train and all those crazy sort for rides with DH back in April. She wasn’t tall then so couldn’t do FOP and now we are back in nov. she wants to try. We know she can practice on the seat outside the ride but I’m worried how she will do by herself. She is just 44” and a very slim 38 lb. she also has a tiny nose lol so all those other 3 d glasses would fall off so wondering on ideas how to keep those on.

I already told her of she is nervous than we can wait for another trip but she is determine to try. We showed her video of the ride and she seemed ok but is it more my nervousness ? To tell her to wait lol

My 5-year-old DS did FOP last May and loved it. I think your DD will have a blast.

DS didn't have any trouble with the glasses staying on. I heard a rumor that they replaced the ones originally used, as they didn't stay on as well. I am not sure if that actually happened though. Anyways, I've heard of others using those wide stretchy wrap around headbands to help them stay on kids' heads. We didn't need it, but it wouldn't hurt to have a headband on hand just in case.

My 5-year-old DS did FOP last May and loved it. I think your DD will have a blast.

DS didn't have any trouble with the glasses staying on. I heard a rumor that they replaced the ones originally used, as they didn't stay on as well. I am not sure if that actually happened though. Anyways, I've heard of others using those wide stretchy wrap around headbands to help them stay on kids' heads. We didn't need it, but it wouldn't hurt to have a headband on hand just in case.
Thanks for this, we will see if she is determined.

My DS loves it! Tried it when he was 6. Says it’s his favorite ride, over Test Track! (I was too nervous to try it, I get dizzy easily), so I just take his word for it! I’m sure they’ll like it!

My 4 year old was finally tall enough last week. We even did stand by once because she loved it so much.

DD, 6, hated FOP, but she also hates roller coasters, 3D, and soarin. Her idea of a thrill ride is the people mover. She did fine by herself on the ride vehicle, but she was close enough I could reach over and touch her if I needed to reassure her. They are strapped in pretty good once the ride starts.

My 7yo DD first tried it when she was 6 and LOVES IT. It is her favorite ride. She just holds the glasses on her face with one hand. If your DD also likes soarin, she will be fine.

DD, 6, hated FOP, but she also hates roller coasters, 3D, and soarin. Her idea of a thrill ride is the people mover. She did fine by herself on the ride vehicle, but she was close enough I could reach over and touch her if I needed to reassure her. They are strapped in pretty good once the ride starts.
Sounds like you are talking about my son! Spaceship Earth is on the top of his list!

OP. If you daughter wants to go, let her go. Don’t hold her back!

My 4 yo went on it this past Sunday for the first time. She loved it!

Every kid is different. If she wants to try it I'd say to let her.

I told my DD last year if she gets scared just close her eyes. She was a very tiny 7 and ended up loving the ride. The glasses did seem to slide off but she would just push them back up. My 5 year old DS wants to go on it this year but he is a tiny 5 (he will be 6 when we go this November). He is 2 inches short with shoes on so he will probably have to wait until next time unless he hits a big growth spurt before then.:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter