FOP : worth a 4 Hour wAit ???

You may want to consider waiting until later in the day when the line is shorter. Touring Plans gathers a lot of data on posted and actual wait times on all attractions. Over the past few days, they have reported that the posted wait time is generally 120 minutes by 9 pm with an actual wait of 80 minutes or less. This may be a more efficient use of your time than jumping in a 200+ minute line in the morning.

While I haven't been on it, my kids did it and said it was really beyond excellent. So, to me, depends on your schedule and your life. If you're in the MK on a regular basis with an AP and kind of like the idea of killing a day to say you've done something -- sort of like a long hike without the actual exercise -- then it could be worth it just for the experience. If you're got limited time and a family and little kids to worry about entertaining, then I'd say it takes up too much time where other experiences could be had.

But some things we do just to do, and like people who camp out for Hamilton tickets or iPhones, there's something to be said for the unique experience of waiting a very long time for a short ride. it may not be as efficient as some people prefer, but it is an experience.

Depends how long you're willing to wait. It's probably the best ride at Disney, but how long would you wait for the best ride? I wouldn't wait more than 1.5 hours for any ride.

I rode FoP twice during my AP preview and my second ride the wait jumped to 45 or 60 min when it was a posted 20 min wait when I entered. Thought about leaving but I just waited.

So while my max is about 60 min for one of the best ride at Disney, someone else's might be 4 hours. I personally wouldn't wait 4 hours for any ride at any amusement park

We remember waiting 2 hours for Space Mountain way back in the days before FP. So a posted wait time of 120 minutes is about our limit for any ride, including FoP, which we love.

In my opinion, no. I wouldn't even say it's the best ride at WDW, it's a good ride but the best?

As far as what type ride it is. It's a virtual ride, think a mix between Soarin and Star Tours. You wear 2D glasses, sit on a motorcycle type vehicle and kind of lean forward. You will feel the animal you are flying on breathing between your knees, your vehicle will kind of dip and sway. There are about 6 or 8 in a room. I used to ride Soarin (refuse to now because the Eiffel Tower shouldn't lean) and it never bothered me. Don't ride Star Tours (although did last week to see if we remembered it correctly) it makes me a little sick. FOP made me more uncomfortable than sick. I couldn't keep the glasses on, I have a freakishly small head so had to hold on to them with one hand the entire time. The first time we rode it, having my sternum pressed against the front caused my reflux to not be happy, I kind of flexed my arms while the ride was setting the second time and didn't have that issue. I wear reading glasses but there is a certain distance that with or without my reading glasses is difficult to see (I need to go get real glasses but I'm vain what can I say) which was just the distance the film is so it was always a little off for me. I won't ride it again unless my son is along because he loved it, saying it was the second best ride at WDW (ToT being our favorite ride).

We went at rope drop the first time we rode it, we were at the park around 8:10, went right through the tap stiles, waited at Pandora until probably around 8:45 then they let everyone in. We didn't even do the entire ride line and were off the ride by 9:15. The second time was that same night, we got there around 8:30, wait time was posted 120 min, it was actually around 100. Frankly, I probably wouldn't wait more than 45 min. for it if it were up to me.

Haven't done it, but what if it is the best ride at WDW? Is it better than the 4-6 attractions you could experience in the same amount of time COMBINED??? :scratchin

It is the only ride I wait any length of time for.
But I wouldn't wait 4 hours for it
We didn't even during open week crowds. Even then, with the line stretching nearly back all the way to Lion King, it was 2 hours. That was my max.
And nice thing, 2 hours in line and we moved the entire time, or nearly the entire time. Very little standing in place. Almost always moving.

I haven't ridden yet, but I don't wait more than about 30-45 minutes for any ride. If I can't get a FP in November, I will have to rope drop!

It's usually 2-3 hours, not 4. And of course it's worth the wait. That's why the line is so long. :) Once you've waited a year to take your trip to Disney, what's a few hour wait to ride what is quoted above as the best ride at Disney World? I couldn't imagine spending thousands of dollars and waiting through a year of hype to go to Disney World and then ~not~ ride the awesome new thing everyone is talking about. Why would anyone (that can / wants to ride it) do that? I waited 2 hours in a very unmagical, unthemed, barely even painted room to get a drivers license. Didn't kill me. There was no amazing ride at the end but we do it all the time!

Do your best to ride it when the line is shorter... but even if that doesn't work out... you still gotta ride it! No amount of forum description will do it justice.

Last edited:
No, definitely not. 30-45 minutes, tops. (For reference, that's my ceiling for *any* ride.)

I also agree with the above poster that I wouldn't call it "the best ride in WDW." It's very good - but best? Nah. Its "virtual" nature automatically takes it out of the running for me, to be honest - although I do agree that it's a great ride. Far better than Navi River, at least!

JMO!

I rode it a few days ago. I'd stand in line for it 20 minutes max. My family really loved it, so they'd wait 45 minutes max.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts