FOP : worth a 4 Hour wAit ???

No ride is worth 4 hours. My son ranked FOP just above 7DMT as far as e tickets go (below the likes of TOT, RnRC, all three mountains, Everest and Test Track) so to him, it's a FP+ only ride. I'd wait a bit for it but no where near 4 hours.

IMHO no ride is ever worth a 4 hour wait. I waited 1 hour and that was fine for that attraction. I would hate to wait an hour for the boat ride though.

No friggin way. IMO, it is the best ride at WDW, but wouldn't wait more than an hour. It's too easy to minimize wait times with FP or RD to wait that long.

Our next trip will cost approximately $120/person/day. If you spend 6 hours per day in a park, that's $20/hour.

Would you pay $80/person for that attraction?

No ride is worth a 4 hour wait.

You pay a lot of money to get into a theme park and have about 12 hours in there. Wasting 1/3 of it for 1 ride? No way.

Do other things and if line is too line, just skip it and hit it on your next time back.

I didn't do Toy Story Midway Mania until 2015 because the line was way too long and the old Fast Pass system just didn't work out for me getting on the ride.

I didn't do Toy Story Midway Mania until 2015 because the line was way too long and the old Fast Pass system just didn't work out for me getting on the ride.

That's too bad. Even during it's most popular times, the actual wait for Toy Story would drop to about 15 minutes or so during the last hour of operation at DHS. Of course the posted wait always stayed at an hour or more just to discourage riders.

If you're going to wait any length of time while it's still hot, wait at night. Posted wait time was 115 minutes - took about 90 for my friend to ride - I kept her company, but didn't ride. She loved it - but 4 hours?? Not thinking that would happen. It took at least 40 minutes before we even entered the building - so the hype from the CM about "being indoors in the AC looking at cool stuff for most of the time" - not accurate. I can't imagine waiting in the heat of the day, in the hottest park (IMHO) for that time. It was bearable because it was already dark, and storms had rolled through earlier and dropped the temps. YMMV

Nothing's worth that long of a wait, especially when you think of all you could do during that time. Just try in the first or last hour

In my opinion, no. I wouldn't even say it's the best ride at WDW, it's a good ride but the best?

As far as what type ride it is. It's a virtual ride, think a mix between Soarin and Star Tours. You wear 2D glasses, sit on a motorcycle type vehicle and kind of lean forward. You will feel the animal you are flying on breathing between your knees, your vehicle will kind of dip and sway. There are about 6 or 8 in a room. I used to ride Soarin (refuse to now because the Eiffel Tower shouldn't lean) and it never bothered me. Don't ride Star Tours (although did last week to see if we remembered it correctly) it makes me a little sick. FOP made me more uncomfortable than sick. I couldn't keep the glasses on, I have a freakishly small head so had to hold on to them with one hand the entire time. The first time we rode it, having my sternum pressed against the front caused my reflux to not be happy, I kind of flexed my arms while the ride was setting the second time and didn't have that issue. I wear reading glasses but there is a certain distance that with or without my reading glasses is difficult to see (I need to go get real glasses but I'm vain what can I say) which was just the distance the film is so it was always a little off for me. I won't ride it again unless my son is along because he loved it, saying it was the second best ride at WDW (ToT being our favorite ride).

We went at rope drop the first time we rode it, we were at the park around 8:10, went right through the tap stiles, waited at Pandora until probably around 8:45 then they let everyone in. We didn't even do the entire ride line and were off the ride by 9:15. The second time was that same night, we got there around 8:30, wait time was posted 120 min, it was actually around 100. Frankly, I probably wouldn't wait more than 45 min. for it if it were up to me.

:dogdance:
What ??? ... 2D glasses ?!

That's too bad. Even during it's most popular times, the actual wait for Toy Story would drop to about 15 minutes or so during the last hour of operation at DHS. Of course the posted wait always stayed at an hour or more just to discourage riders.
Ya it was one of those things I am sure I could have gone on if I tried hard enough, I just didn't bother . . until FP+!

For me: HE!! NO

For you: ???

You alone are the only one who can place a value on your time.

FWIW when we were there in June a few weeks after it opened we got in line with a 100 minute posted wait time and we were loading onto the ride at just over 60 minutes. I would definitely spend an hour waiting for the ride again, possibly even two hours, but that would be MY limit.

Unless you are a blogger/vlogger who makes your living from this, no way! I would not wait 4 hours for something during a regular day; certainly not going to do it while on vacation.

I checked the wait times for the past several days and the 200+ minute wait time has generally been posted only in the morning and early afternoon. It looks like the crowd is getting there early and rushing to this attraction first.

The wait times have been dropping to a more reasonable level by mid afternoon with even shorter waits in the evening.

It is an incredible ride! I wasn't going to do it but was playing around on MDE at Tusker house yesterday and stumbled upon 2 same day FPs for it around 430 for a 6-7 window! So we got to do both Navi and FOP with FPs on the same day. I probably should've played the lottery yesterday.

Nothing is worth waiting 4 hours for at Disney.
Imagine getting closer to your time to board, and someone really has to use the bathroom. There's none in there for guests to use!

FoP is amazing. We have ridden 4 times this week (2 RDs and 2 FPs), and not waited more than 10 minutes in the actual line. We don't wait more than 20-25 minutes ever. We will ride 2-3 more times in the next 3 days as well. Of course, to RD effectively you must be there early (1.25 hrs on emh day, or 1.5-1.75 on non-emh day), be first or second in bag check line or go bagless, then near the front of the tapstile line, and really hustle to final holding point. It is a stressful rope drop experience for sure, but worth it! Our first time (last Friday), we were off the ride by 9:15, and the line started in Pandora, went all the way to Africa, and then doubled back to FoP. It must have been a 6 hour standby line from the end, and that was 20 minutes after opening.

That all being said, it truly is the best ride at WDW (currently) imo. For those that feel seeing the main queue is important, I personally think that's a ridiculous reason to wait 2-3-4 hours... but to each their own! Not to be missed attraction though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter