FOP : worth a 4 Hour wAit ???

:dogdance:I wondered if its worth it to wait 3-4 hours for FOB

-Give me also Info about the ride Please

No NO and NO WAY. We just rode it twice this trip and I liked it better than last time, but it isn't that special. I'd probably wait 2 hours max and I really don't like to wait over an hour tops.

The only thing I would ever wait 4 hours for is to meet Walt himself.

FoP is amazing. We have ridden 4 times this week (2 RDs and 2 FPs), and not waited more than 10 minutes in the actual line. We don't wait more than 20-25 minutes ever. We will ride 2-3 more times in the next 3 days as well. Of course, to RD effectively you must be there early (1.25 hrs on emh day, or 1.5-1.75 on non-emh day), be first or second in bag check line or go bagless, then near the front of the tapstile line, and really hustle to final holding point. It is a stressful rope drop experience for sure, but worth it! Our first time (last Friday), we were off the ride by 9:15, and the line started in Pandora, went all the way to Africa, and then doubled back to FoP. It must have been a 6 hour standby line from the end, and that was 20 minutes after opening.

That all being said, it truly is the best ride at WDW (currently) imo. For those that feel seeing the main queue is important, I personally think that's a ridiculous reason to wait 2-3-4 hours... but to each their own! Not to be missed attraction though!

That sounds stressful and exhausting. I'd much rather wait until later in the day for a short line than stand outside a locked gate for almost 2 hours.

My normal limit is 30 minutes. For a new ride that I really wanted to try the max would be an hour. Are you going at a very busy time? I've been checking wait times daily because we'll be there next week. I haven't seen anything like 4 hours since they first opened. Right now in the middle of the day the posted wait is 115 minutes.

FoP is amazing. We have ridden 4 times this week (2 RDs and 2 FPs), and not waited more than 10 minutes in the actual line. We don't wait more than 20-25 minutes ever. We will ride 2-3 more times in the next 3 days as well. Of course, to RD effectively you must be there early (1.25 hrs on emh day, or 1.5-1.75 on non-emh day), be first or second in bag check line or go bagless, then near the front of the tapstile line, and really hustle to final holding point. It is a stressful rope drop experience for sure, but worth it! Our first time (last Friday), we were off the ride by 9:15, and the line started in Pandora, went all the way to Africa, and then doubled back to FoP. It must have been a 6 hour standby line from the end, and that was 20 minutes after opening.

That all being said, it truly is the best ride at WDW (currently) imo. For those that feel seeing the main queue is important, I personally think that's a ridiculous reason to wait 2-3-4 hours... but to each their own! Not to be missed attraction though!

You do wait more than 10 minutes though, but you are just doing the waiting someplace else.

The queue in the morning (11 AM) was almost to FotLK when we went last week. At least a 4 hour wait in the hot, humid sun. No thank you. And we spent a half hour inside with FP+. The attraction has a lot of glitches still, and they had to unload and move some groups from glitchy rooms to non-glitchy rooms. It was one CM's last day, and he was so happy to be done working that attraction!

You do wait more than 10 minutes though, but you are just doing the waiting someplace else.

The queue in the morning (11 AM) was almost to FotLK when we went last week. At least a 4 hour wait in the hot, humid sun. No thank you. And we spent a half hour inside with FP+. The attraction has a lot of glitches still, and they had to unload and move some groups from glitchy rooms to non-glitchy rooms. It was one CM's last day, and he was so happy to be done working that attraction!

This!! The poster referenced said they wouldn't wait 2 hours for the ride, but then said they arrive almost 2 hours before rope drop! So you did wait 2 hours, just in a different place (front of park instead of in the queue)! :rotfl2:Rope drop may still be the quickest way to get on the ride, but the wait isn't "10 minutes", it's 10 minutes plus however long you waited outside the park or outside Pandora.

To the original poster - I haven't ridden this yet. But I have two small children so I can't wait that long. We waited about an hour for Crush's Coaster in Paris, but we were able to keep the kids in line with us so it was more manageable. (Wouldn't be able to do that for FOP.) So we probably won't ride unless we can get FP. If we didn't have the kids with us, I'd probably wait nearly that long. We waited nearly that long for Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point and it was worth it!

This!! The poster referenced said they wouldn't wait 2 hours for the ride, but then said they arrive almost 2 hours before rope drop! So you did wait 2 hours, just in a different place (front of park instead of in the queue)! :rotfl2:Rope drop may still be the quickest way to get on the ride, but the wait isn't "10 minutes", it's 10 minutes plus however long you waited outside the park or outside Pandora.

To the original poster - I haven't ridden this yet. But I have two small children so I can't wait that long. We waited about an hour for Crush's Coaster in Paris, but we were able to keep the kids in line with us so it was more manageable. (Wouldn't be able to do that for FOP.) So we probably won't ride unless we can get FP. If we didn't have the kids with us, I'd probably wait nearly that long. We waited nearly that long for Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point and it was worth it!

But this poster didn't use 1.5 hours of PARK time waiting for the ride. There is no park time wasted with rope drop. That's the beauty of it. The park opened at 9 and we were off FOP at 9:12 on 8-2-17. That was really important to us since it was just a one day trip.

But this poster didn't use 1.5 hours of PARK time waiting for the ride. There is no park time wasted with rope drop. That's the beauty of it. The park opened at 9 and we were off FOP at 9:12 on 8-2-17. That was really important to us since it was just a one day trip.

True. And I agree that rope drop is the best way to experience the ride without losing park time and to get shorter waits. I just thought it was funny that the person posting said they wouldn't wait two hours for the ride, when in essence that's exactly what they did.

I would still prefer to wait until later in the evening when the lines are at their very shortest. Even though the example only used 12 minutes of park time, they still waited for almost 2 hours.

It would be a much more efficient use of time to get in line 1 minute before the park closes. Then you would use up no park time at all and not have to wait for hours outside of the locked gate.

It's my new favorite ride at Disney, however no ride is worth a 4 hour wait. My max wait time would maybe be 45-60 minutes.

Any other ride my max is 20-25 minutes.

I would still prefer to wait until later in the evening when the lines are at their very shortest. Even though the example only used 12 minutes of park time, they still waited for almost 2 hours.

It would be a much more efficient use of time to get in line 1 minute before the park closes. Then you would use up no park time at all and not have to wait for hours outside of the locked gate.

End of the night is great if you have multiple days to go or if you go several times a year. It's too risky for a one day trip.

In our case our plans didn't work out that way. We wanted to end the day at MK because it's our favorite. I have never tried that 1 minute before close thing...gonna have to keep that in mind for June (I hope).

if i lived in FL and could go whenever i wanted...maybe. wasting 4 hours of my my week long vacation for a 3 minute ride? heck no.

In our case our plans didn't work out that way. We wanted to end the day at MK because it's our favorite. I have never tried that 1 minute before close thing...gonna have to keep that in mind for June (I hope).

The MK lines can get really short later at night, just keep in mind that the posted wait times are intentionally inflated late at night to discourage riders. For example, last June the posted wait at Space Mountain was 50 minutes shortly before closing but my kids rode it 4 times in 35 minutes.

I hear that the parks are closing earlier now which is a shame. My fondest Disney memory is chasing my then 3 year old daughter back to the entrance of Space Mtn moments before midnight with her screaming "One more time Daddy" all the way.

I've ridden it three times waiting 1:50,2:10 and 2:05 and I told myself its definitely worth the wait.Four hours however is a long time and I don't think there's many rides out there worth a four hour wait,if its your only chance to ride it and you aren't planning on coming back for a decade then yes you go and make that four hour wait.

Just wondering - are these long lines for Pandora blocking the entrances to other rides or walkways?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!