FOP

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
Hey all!
We, like everyone else, really want to ride FoP at AK! Questions...

1. We check in on a Saturday at a WDW Resort, but won't be going to AK until Tuesday morning. Will going on our fourth day help our chances of getting FP?
2. We have reservations that Tuesday at Tusker House at 8 AM, with AK opening at 9. Should that help us get to FoP at Rope Drop, if that's what we decide to do?
3. Has anyone used Rider Swap at FoP? We plan to, as we are traveling with three children who are too small for the ride. Just wondering if Rider Swap works with FP there, as well as in stand by.

Thank you. :)

Your chances for a FOP FP are slim, and rider swap works there since it has a height requirement.

Hey all!
We, like everyone else, really want to ride FoP at AK! Questions...

1. We check in on a Saturday at a WDW Resort, but won't be going to AK until Tuesday morning. Will going on our fourth day help our chances of getting FP?
2. We have reservations that Tuesday at Tusker House at 8 AM, with AK opening at 9. Should that help us get to FoP at Rope Drop, if that's what we decide to do?
3. Has anyone used Rider Swap at FoP? We plan to, as we are traveling with three children who are too small for the ride. Just wondering if Rider Swap works with FP there, as well as in stand by.

Thank you. :)
1. I'd say your chances are slim to moderate, depending on when you are going and the number of ppl in your party.
2. From what I've read, this will actually hurt your efforts to get to FOP, as you will be behind the hundreds of people lining up before the park opens. If FOP is your #1 priority, I would book a later breakfast. However, I'll let someone who has actually been there be more specific.
3. I can't answer this, sorry.

At 60 days out, FP+ for FOP on 3rd or 4th day is very do-able. We managed FP+ for FOP on Day 3 in the afternoon.

Should we move AK back to maybe our 6th day?
How many days, total, are you going? If FOP is your priority, you might want to count on going to AK later in the week. But that's just considering FPs. You can always rope drop it. And remember, you can always wait in a standby line for FOP, no matter how long it takes, if FOP is your priority. You WILL get on that ride. So don't beat yourself up if you don't end up with your first choices.

I think it also depends on what time of the year you're going. I just had my window yesterday for 10/16-10/19 and there was nothing for FOP on my day 4, 10/19.

October is going to be busy with Halloween parties and Food and Wine, but AK is still showing park hours until 7 & 7:30. Plus ROL only running select nights might pull a higher crowd on certain days, meaning more people booking less FP windows

We have resort reservations Saturday throughout saturday during a slow eel in February. Planning on no parks Saturday or a Sunday, starting with MK Monday and then AK Tuesday. Our tickets will be annual passes -- some silver and some weekday passes. Will our window still open up 60 days from check in, even if some passes rent good until Monday??

We have resort reservations Saturday throughout saturday during a slow eel in February. Planning on no parks Saturday or a Sunday, starting with MK Monday and then AK Tuesday. Our tickets will be annual passes -- some silver and some weekday passes. Will our window still open up 60 days from check in, even if some passes rent good until Monday??

Yes they should, but...see my response to your other post.

1. From what I have read, your chances of securing a FP are probably low. It appears as though visitors with longer stays are consuming the FoP FP's. But you can do both FoP and Navi River at rope drop if you are willing to be at the AK just a bit earlier than you would for your 8am reservation.

2. I believe your 8am reservation will make it harder. I visited AK two weeks ago and they started letting us into the park at around 8:15am. I had arrived at the park at 7:30am and was at the front of line at the AP tapstile. There was a large crowd extending past the ticket windows by 8am. Once we were let in the line at the rope just past Tiffin's grew very quickly. You would probably do better with a later reservation and keep your rope drop time focused on FoP. I was finished both FoP and Navi River by 9:17am. See my trip report at:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/first-visit-to-pandora-8-4-17.3623699/#post-58020185

3. I can't help you with this question.

Thanks all! Made a lunch reservation at Tusker House. Will drop one when we see what FP we get. I'm ready to go! Now!

I think it also depends on what time of the year you're going. I just had my window yesterday for 10/16-10/19 and there was nothing for FOP on my day 4, 10/19.

October is going to be busy with Halloween parties and Food and Wine, but AK is still showing park hours until 7 & 7:30. Plus ROL only running select nights might pull a higher crowd on certain days, meaning more people booking less FP windows

My window for 10/17-10/25 was today and I had a lot of trouble trying to get FOP. It had good availability on day 6, so I grabbed it even though it wasnt a planned AK day. I am hoping they extend the hours though and hope to ride it on 10/17 or 10/20 if they stay open later. Between AK closing at 7:30 and DHS closing at 8, I feel like we'll have nothing to do at night!

Between AK closing at 7:30 and DHS closing at 8, I feel like we'll have nothing to do at night!

I can almost understand HS since its down a few attractions these days, but the early close does make it really difficult for anyone who wants to catch both Fantasmic and the fireworks since they're scheduled so close together.

I'm still hoping for AK to extend to 9:00. I have a dining package for ROL which is at 7:45 the night I'm there (with a 7:30 close), but I really want to have more time to stroll around and enjoy the other nighttime activities they've been advertising so hard all summer.

I think you will have better luck moving your AK day to day 6 of your trip.

For our August trip that's coming up, I tried to book FOP for day 4 of our trip & there was no availability. Then I moved our AK day to Day 8 & I had no problem getting a FP.

Hopefully that will work for you too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter