"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

We will not be making the drive this July because we drove in April. Once a year is enough for my DH, since we drive straight through and he does most of the driving.
It will stink to need to rent a car.
We'll be back on the road next July I'm sure.

I75 vs I95 from Cincinnati. Usually drive I75 but debating on 95 this trip.would be 75 through Knoxville then over to 95. How is the traffic, scenery, rest stops, hotels? Best place to stay for the night? Pro's/cons?

We prefer the I95 drive from Indy thru Cincy to avoid Chattanooga and Atlanta. We have had too many issues with stopped or slow traffic on the I75 route and the I95 route is usually smooth. Any stops or slow downs are much less than the normal in Atlanta.

Does anybody know the exit of Grumpy's gas station off I95 north of Florida, either in Georgia or South Carolina? We stopped there last trip and they had AMAZING donuts that were fresh at 11am, not hours old. I lost the business card with the location.

61 days until we drive from RI to my happy place. Kids are getting excited and tomorrow at 7 will be booking my fast passes. WOO HOOO This will be our 8th drive down. Going to leave at midnight this time and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Be careful leaving RI at midnight - what time will it be when you get to the DC area?

61 days until we drive from RI to my happy place. Kids are getting excited and tomorrow at 7 will be booking my fast passes. WOO HOOO This will be our 8th drive down. Going to leave at midnight this time and see how it goes.
We left from SE MA at 6:00pm in April and it worked perfectly!!

Be careful leaving RI at midnight - what time will it be when you get to the DC area?
We usually leave at 1:00 am and get into DW by 9-10pm, so we thought we would leave the hour earlier to try and get in a bit earlier. Thanks

Driving to Disney. We always hit heavy traffic on I 4. I know I read someone on this board another route to take instead of using I4 all the way to exit 67. What is the route #. Does it come in on 95 or on4. Is it a toll road? How much does it cost. Thanks for your help. These boards have helped so much.

We always hit heavy traffic on I 4. I know I read someone on this board another route to take instead of using I4 all the way to exit 67. What is the route #. Does it come in on 95 or on4. Is it a toll road? How much does it cost. Thanks for your help.

If you are coming down I-95, stay on 95 to exit 212, hwy. 407 west to hwy. 528, "Beachline" west, and follow that all the way to I-4 and follow signs for Disney. It adds about 15 minutes extra than going across on I-4. the tolls are about 5.00 one way.

If you are coming down I-95, stay on 95 to exit 212, hwy. 407 west to hwy. 528, "Beachline" west, and follow that all the way to I-4 and follow signs for Disney. It adds about 15 minutes extra than going across on I-4. the tolls are about 5.00 one way.

Good info. Thanks!

All the best! :thumbsup2

28 days till our road trip from MA, and 30 days till we check in! This year we're taking it easy; 2 days down, and back. We have stops planned for VA, and Savannah, on the way down so we're super excited. Hope the traffic, and the weather cooperate.
:car:
That sounds like alot of fun! We've never really stopped either on the way down or driving back, but I would like to some time and spend a few days in Savannah. We are debating on taking 71/75 down this time, instead of 77/95, mostly because we have never gone that route, and, even thought it is longer and goes through Atlanta, it would be nice to see some different scenery (although I would miss the tunnels lol).

That sounds like alot of fun! We've never really stopped either on the way down or driving back, but I would like to some time and spend a few days in Savannah. We are debating on taking 71/75 down this time, instead of 77/95, mostly because we have never gone that route, and, even thought it is longer and goes through Atlanta, it would be nice to see some different scenery (although I would miss the tunnels lol).

Right, you can't miss the tunnels! We've never ventured over to Atlanta, but it sounds like a great route.

We returned earlier this week from nine nights at WDW. Such an easy drive this year! We left home, outside Philly, at 3 AM. Avoided all of the traffic in the DC area and Richmond. In the past we've always left home at about 8 AM, and our goal is always to reach Savannah the first day, and it never happens. By avoiding all of that traffic this year, we blew past Savannah and got to Brunswick, GA at about 5 PM. Next day was an easy and quick drive. Coming home was a little tricky with some serious thunderstorms around Jacksonville, but other than that no issues.

Ticker check! 3 more days of school then the serious planning begins! We're only going to the parks for 3-4 days but will be staying in a timeshare for 2 weeks so lots of planning for other stuff to do. We're thinking about getting water park annual passes but I'm not sure. Also going to Daytona, maybe Cocoa Beach, and who knows where else!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter